Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celebmusic news

Britney Spears covers 'Billboard' magazine, talks new album

Michael

Featured Posts

Michael

B_7GwY0WMAAETMz.jpg

britney-spears-vegas-2015-03-billboard-6

Britney Spears has performed nearly 100 shows at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas since the release of her eighth studio album, 2013's Britney Jean. And though the singer has been back in the studio as far back as September, don't expect a proper follow-up anytime soon.

"I'm gonna do [a new album] slowly but surely," Spears tells Billboard for the latest cover story, on stands Friday, March 13. "There's a lot going on with my kids and schools and, you know, adding new sports and stuff like that. I'm gonna try to do my best to do an amazing album, but it's not my full priority right now." The mother of sons Sean Preston, 9, and Jayden James, 8, then added with a laugh, "Kids can drive you crazy."

Britney Jean debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 in December 2013, with first-week sales of 107,000 copies (her lowest debut for a studio set.) The album included the Hot 100-charting singles "Work Bitch" (No. 12) and "Perfume" (No. 76), both of which Spears performs in her Vegas show Piece Of Me. Through Feb. 21, Spears' performances have grossed more than $42 million in ticket sales, according to Planet Hollywood parent company Caesars Entertainment, and the singer is officially committed to the residency through the end of 2015. 

However, Spears and Planet Hollywood are currently in negotiations about extending the show another two years through 2017, so a new full-length album may still prove harder to squeeze in. "Right now we're just concentrating on putting out a few great singles as they come," says Spears' manager Larry Rudolph. "We're not really talking seriously about a new album yet. Albums just aren't as important in the digital age as they used to be. Britney will get to one eventually, but not right now."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/magazine/6501934/britney-spears-working-on-next-album-exclusive?utm_source=twitter

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

"Slowly but surley" :madge:
Exited nonetheless!

DEATH at this though!!! Like, how can he say that?? The beginning of the end :nooo:

"We're not really talking seriously about a new album yet. Albums just aren't as important in the digital age as they used to be. Britney will get to one eventually, but not right now."

who will love me when the night is over

Valextra

I was just about to open the thread :| 

By the way I was hoping that the new album was more close. 

Computer

Here for the "few great singles as they come"

The next 3.  :excited2: 

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Haroon

Wow another extension and this time into 2017? It's like a never ending residency :udidnt: I guess it's also a good thing because it gives me way more time to sort things out and eventually get to Las Vegas for a show :awesome: 

I disagree with Larry Rudolph saying that albums aren't as important as they used to be :huh: I wish he'd have elaborated on that, because I really don't understand which angle he's coming at it from :confused: 

Either way I'll be sitting here waiting patiently for her next album, hopefully the wait will be worth it :cryga: 

Vernier

Her face looks weird in the 2nd pic. And it looks like her album isn't close. Everyone seemed to be talking about it as if it was coming in a few months

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

SweetEscape

Hey Britney release the Iggy collaboration already ok thanks now bye

Supersonic

Will Iggy become what Azealia is for Gaga? The ultimate irony.

Also: Good for her. She seems to be at a really happy place now.

freebit

I wonder if this means she's just going to release singles to get her name out there before completing the album (like Gwen and Fergie did).

I also hope the Iggy collab is scrapped. I don't want to have to suffer through her fake accent just to listen to a Britney song.

Archived