💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's 1989 now the 3rd best-selling US album of the decade so far

Mills

Featured Posts

Tropico

​Are people still going for the "local" drag? Yawn. And is the comparison to Gaga necessary? Like, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other

Hypocritial AF considering you dragged Iggy in for no reason.

Y'all and your damn double standards :smh:

That's why I love her :applause::whitney:

...You love her because of her sales...

Congrats Tayllr

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

I thought Katy's album sales were pathetic :green: 

Just had to double check and I was right. You initially brought up someone who wasn't involved in this Taylor based thread. Then you say others are insecure for doing the same thing with Gaga in the very next page. Double standards once again.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Ladey Gagz

Just had to double check and I was right. You initially brought up someone who wasn't involved in this Taylor based thread. Then you say others are insecure for doing the same thing with Gaga in the very next page. Double standards once again.

Actually katy was involved as she was in the list in the OP. My bad for thinking this thread was only for Taylor. And the others just brought Gaga up from nowhere (they weren't talking about her being in the list) TRYING to bring down others success, something I did not do. They use Gaga to compare the sales to when there's absolutely no reason to. But if it seemed like the same thing to you, then so be it :shrug: 

Spock

Hypocritial AF considering you dragged Iggy in for no reason.

Y'all and your damn double standards :smh:

​Hypocritical my ass. That person is always hating, he was being negative and trying to drag when there is nothing draggable about this, that's why I dragged Iggy "for no reason"

When trying to argument, Gaga as a reference to compare who is more successful is completely stupid because they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Just because she hasn't yet reached the WW sales of an incredibly worldwide act does not meant that she is any less successful

who will love me when the night is over

Serendipity

hmmm.........i wonder if anybody can outsell adele anytime soon

inb4 lg5 outsells thriller

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Tove Lo

​

​I thought I was about to be dragged to hell. I was mentally preparing before looking. :rip: 

hop on that **** like a maniac

LoveandMagic

I'm not crazy about the album, but I can't deny the impact! Every time I see new numbers I think, "this is insane! Hasn't every one ALREADY bought this album?? Are people buying multiple copies?" It's crazy to me, but congrats to Taylor Swift. Well, done! :applause:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

barcodemonster

I live in the U.S. and I even don't understand her appeal. Shs gets a lot of news on my facebook timeline (much more so in 2014) but I really just don't hear about her that much. I also don't like many of the songs except a few. Kinda a boring era.. Oh and her videos are forgettable. Blank space is like a circa 2005 mansion hip hop video modernized and shake it off is not that good but my fav from the era. Style is like a hollister commercial I don't even know

scan my barcode

Whispering

hmmm.........i wonder if anybody can outsell adele anytime soon

inb4 lg5 outsells thriller

Nope. 

Not going to happen. No one is going to do that, not even Adele! 

​As if Taylor needed Max Martin & Shellback or Ryan Tedder to be successful  :lmao:
Her three previous back to back #1 albums (and two others on that list) got there without any of them. And unlike their other collaborations with other artists, Taylor truly writes the songs with them. This isn't a Katy situation where she sings whatever they feed her and can't write for **** :toofunny:

​Taylor can sell albums on her own, but for a radio smash, she does need Max Martin & Shellback. Speak Now had no true radio hit (all songs written by her alone), all of Red's hits where Martin-co-written/produced, and all of 1989's hits are so far Martin co-written/produced. So while Speak Now proves Taylor can sell albums without a hit, there's no denying the fact that her a good part of her pop success with Red and 1989 is due to Max Martin and Shellback. She hasn't had a true smash ("Love Song" nonwithstanding) without Martin.

Spock

​Taylor can sell albums on her own, but for a radio smash, she does need Max Martin & Shellback. Speak Now had no true radio hit (all songs written by her alone), all of Red's hits where Martin-co-written/produced, and all of 1989's hits are so far Martin co-written/produced. So while Speak Now proves Taylor can sell albums without a hit, there's no denying the fact that her a good part of her pop success with Red and 1989 is due to Max Martin and Shellback. She hasn't had a true smash ("Love Song" nonwithstanding) without Martin.

I don't consider having songs #1 on the BB100 the definition of success. Taylor is just now having success with her singles because, yes they were produced by Max Martin but also because they have a pop sound. She was always considered an album artist. She has had many #1 and high ranking songs on country radio and charts though, before going pop, starting with her self titled debut, all the way to Red. So what I mean yes, she is havin incredible success with them but she was really successful before meeting them. 

who will love me when the night is over

​who are people in europe interested in then? please, just don't say gaga :awkney:

​Female singers ? Definitely Adele and Rihanna. And yes, Gags had here a big impact. Taylor is very irrelevant here. 

Rihanna is always cool, the people just like her songs and her image, but she had never the hype and impact like Gaga. But she is cooler then Gaga here in europe now.

Katy Perry is big radio food here, but not more.

Beyonce is not so big and critical acclaimed like in the US. 

And Adele is loved by many many people and also respected, she is like the king.

gagzus

looks like i'm gonna be long dead before americans develop good music taste :reductive:

Redstreak

I guess talent always does prevail!

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived