Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Applause still slaying!

Gallus

Featured Posts

InsideOutright

I still hear Applause fairly often... not on the radio, sadly, but at sports events. (Somehow, I guess, people think it fits that kind of thing; it never would've occurred to me.)

​I guess to rile up the crowd's support for the home team? It fits nicely in that kind of context.

I never hear it on the radio, either. The last time I heard it was almost three weeks ago. :cry:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pain of fame1

And what about RADIO AIRPLAY? Do they still play it on the radio? Here in spain sadly almost not anymore. Like once a week max or something like that i guess.

InsideOutright

And what about RADIO AIRPLAY? Do they still play it on the radio? Here in spain sadly almost not anymore. Like once a week max or something like that i guess.

​In the US, not really. :( Most Top 40 stations don't play it anymore. Some Hot AC stations do every now and then. Many AC stations didn't have the song to begin with, which really hurts its radio play, I think (it only peaked at 24 on the US AC Billboard chart). It's kind of sad because every day, I still hear songs that came out around the same time as Applause like Brave, Blurred Lines, Wake Me Up, and Mirrors.

I only ever hear it on one station anymore, and they only play it on Saturday nights if anything.

If you live in the US, you can see if your local station still plays it by copying this link and substituting "XXXX" with the call letters of the station. http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationplaylistrequest.asp?format=A1&c_let=XXXX-FM (Press Control-F and type "Gaga")

Most US stations also support viewing their play history, you can do that here (again, substitue the X's with your station's name): http://xxxx.tunegenie.com/onair/ (Expand for every hour then press Control-F and type "Gaga")

Archived