💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' Spends 200th Week on Billboard 200 Chart

Haroon

Featured Posts

Haroon

Katy Perry's successful Teenage Dream album celebrates its milestone 200th week on the Billboard 200 chart, as the set moves 90-126 on the list dated March 14.

The set, which was released in 2010 and debuted at No. 1, is only the 25th album to spend at least 200 weeks on the chart since it began using Nielsen Music point-of-sale data on May 25, 1991. It joins such other titles as Taylor Swift's Fearless,Bruno Mars' Doo-Wops & Hooligans, Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More andNirvana's Nevermind in the 200 weeks (or more) club during the Nielsen era.

(Previous to the inclusion of Nielsen data, a number of albums also lingered for more than 200 weeks, including Carole King's Tapestry, Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon, Johnny Mathis' Johnny's Greatest Hits and more.)

As Perry's second album celebrates its 200th week on the chart, its cumulative sales creep ever closer to 3 million (2.97 million sold through the week ending March 1).

Teenage Dream is also only the second album to generate five No. 1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, following Michael Jackson's Bad. Teenage Dreamspun off the chart-topping "California Gurls," the title track, "Firework," "E.T." and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6494773/katy-perry-teenage-dream-200th-week-billboard-200

YAAAY congratulations to Teenage Dream :omgexcited: I'm surprised they forgot to mention Adele's '21' in the article, which has spent 210 weeks in the Billboard 200 :laughga: Looking forward to seeing which albums join this group next :yes: 

barcodemonster

Happy for her. This is a defining album of the early 2010s. Those hits are 2010- 2012 to their core. 

scan my barcode

xoxo cupcakke

I just want to know who has yet to buy Teenage Dream

Haroon

I just want to know who has yet to buy Teenage Dream

ñ€â€čMe :flop: When it came out I downloaded all of the songs illegally and then never remembered to actually purchase it, and then I lost my iPod :messga: I'm gonna go buy Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection on iTunes now though - except I really dislike the cover and much prefer the one of the original :huh: 

xoxo cupcakke

ñ€â€čMe :flop: When it came out I downloaded all of the songs illegally and then never remembered to actually purchase it, and then I lost my iPod :messga: I'm gonna go buy Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection on iTunes now though - except I really dislike the cover and much prefer the one of the original :huh: 

Haroon! Who knew he would be the Music Pirate Chanteuse :udidnt:

JK. It sucks because I bought both One of the Boys and Teenage Dream before iTunes implemented the Purchases function and now I can no longer redownload them because it was like I never bought them. I took matters into my own hands and got them back for free (not through iTunes though) :queenga:

Haroon

Haroon! Who knew he would be the Music Pirate Chanteuse  default_udidnt.png

JK. It sucks because I bought both One of the Boys and Teenage Dream before iTunes implemented the Purchases function and now I can no longer redownload them because it was like I never bought them. I took matters into my own hands and got them back for free (not through iTunes though) :queenga:

ñ€â€čNot anymore though, ever since losing my iPod I only buy albums that I want, and listen to the rest on YouTube :flop: I'm too lazy to pirate music, plus I'm scared of getting viruses on my phone :laughga: 

Hmm that's weird :huh: I accessed my old iTunes account and was able to re-download ALL of the music I'd purchased years ago without any problem :shrug: 

As Perry's second album celebrates its 200th week on the chart, its cumulative sales creep ever closer to 3 million (2.97 million sold

Still disappoiting for a album with 6 #1s, 8 top 3, and a re-release.I'd like to see a ranking of sales for albums with at least 2 #1 singles, TD would be way down in the bottom half.

Usher Confessions - 4 #1s - album sold over 10 million

Adele 21 - 3 #1s - album sold over 10 million

Gaga The Fame - 2 #1s - album beat TD

Taylor 1989 - 2 #1s - album beat TD

Archived