Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
debate

Was Applause the best possible choice for the lead single?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slade

It was the perfect lead single and Do What U Want was the perfect second single. It just should've been that way from the very beginning.

Mister Gaga

​:applause::applause: This!  I love Applause and I think it was a big hit.  At least in the U.S it was a big hit.  I mean it made it to the # 4 spot on the Hot 100 and was in the top 10 of the Hot 100 for more than 12 weeks, I believe.

​14 weeks :party:

AlphaMonster

To make ARTPOP a very Gaga era, the best lead single would be Aura. 

To make ARTPOP a very ARTPOP era, the best lead single would be Venus.

Doogi

Aura or Do What U Want would have SLAYED as first single. Either one would have been perfect :giveup: 

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

Haroon

I think it was a good choice :yes: Other good choices in my mind would've been MANiCURE and Gypsy :excited: 

migamiga

Dwuw would've been good but it doesn't set up the album correctly because nothing else on ARTPOP sounds like it. I would've liked Venus to be the first single. Who cares if it would flop- it would've made a great first single

hausofgay

To make ARTPOP a slay era, the best lead single would be G.U.Y. A little bit of biggest promotion than applause, and the song would be iconic like Poker Face and Bad Romance.

My pronouns are fâg/fâggot. If you don't accept it you're homophobic 🥴🥴🥴😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

ShockPop

No. The lead was always going to get mega promo & everyone was expecting a great new exciting direction.. instead we got a weird choppy sounding JD hinting unrelatable mess.

Of course that's just my opinion but when I first heard it I wasn't thrilled at all. The Aura leak was a far better effort both sonically and lyrically... but had a bit of a dodgy intro.

It was obvious at that point that she needed a hit to rebuild her status. Applause was old ground retrodden with unrelatable lyrics.

The intelligent choice would have been DWUW or MANiCURE.

Archived