💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
debate

Was Applause the best possible choice for the lead single?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo cupcakke

The Christina-Gaga DWUW would not have existed at this time to be released. Just saying :awkney:

TBH, better single choices would have been G.U.Y. or possibly even Swine. If Brooklyn Nights made the tracklist, then that also would have been a great lead or second single

Miranda Sings

Without a doubt. For all the messiness of the era, Applause was a major success. It's a killer track, and it was the perfect lead single.

Dorothy Gale

But I don't agree with people who think Aura would've been a good single.

​It has a killer chorus, and is much more relatable than Applause. 

Married the Night

Yes it was the best option. DWYW would have done well too though. 

Bradley

Yes. Some might think that Aura would have been a better choice but many of my GP friends hate the screaming verses, the only like the chorus. Applause was radio-friendly and catchy. Applause-applause-applause, I live for the applause-plause.

Higher

People started having an issue when Terry Richardson was involved with the music video. Why does everyone blame R. Kelly for everything when nobody really cared he was on DWUW? :awkney: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

PrinceGaga

Applause was a good single choice for lead as it show-cased ARTPOP well and was catchy/radio friendly. DWUW was a good second single choice as it shows diversity and its just so good. Maybe Venus and G.U.Y for 3rd and 4th singles and Gypsy would have been a good last single choice.

This would have been the ideal era for me imo :)

​It has a killer chorus, and is much more relatable than Applause. 

"I killed my former friend. Left her in the trunk on highway 10" :rip:

Bad Bromance

Applause was a good single choice for lead as it show-cased ARTPOP well and was catchy/radio friendly. DWUW was a good second single choice as it shows diversity and its just so good. Maybe Venus and G.U.Y for 3rd and 4th singles and Gypsy would have been a good last single choice.

This would have been the ideal era for me imo :)

​:applause::applause: This!  I love Applause and I think it was a big hit.  At least in the U.S it was a big hit.  I mean it made it to the # 4 spot on the Hot 100 and was in the top 10 of the Hot 100 for more than 12 weeks, I believe.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Dorothy Gale

"I killed my former friend. Left her in the trunk on highway 10" :rip:  

:oops: Still relatable.  

Archived