💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna: "ART and POP are very separate now!"

Chromatislaps

Featured Posts

Dexxx

at least Gaga's trying to make them one again. Unlike those other "artists" that settle for being BASIC. :oops:

All I ever wanted was 🅻🅾🆅🅴

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chiuga

Madonna is a b1tch but she always has interesting and insightful things to say and I respect that!

britneybritney4

Madonnas impact. Check the 'Thank Yous' in The Fame booklet :sweat: xoxoxo

Didymus

When were they ever together tho :awkney:

Pop = moneymaking machine. End of story.

Pain of fame1

Yes, it is now separate, thanks to Katy Perry eating a fkin tower and making fun out of a painting. :hor:

​true

Well, that's what Gaga was trying to do with ARTPOP: bring the ART back into POP. Unfortunately, she wasn't as sucessful as she wanted to be :pray:

Because she didn't bring them togethet. Calling an album art doesn't mean it is. :pray: 

BornAsUnic0rn

She is right! ART and POP really went apart. And there are barely Major Artists to still do the ''ARTPOP'' thing. Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Madonna, (Sia,) and Fall Out Boy being the first coming through my mind. 

And Lady Gaga is the only one who counts as a MODERN Popstar. She's the only one on my list whose career isn't a decade old. 

My point is: The artists still going the art route are mostly ''remaining'' ones or are just not commercially big. And Madonna's work isn't even seen as ART recently, even through (excluding HC & MDNE) she makes art. No Doubt aren't seen as art because their art is in fact pretty MODERN. So there are only two(/3) artists ''against'' up to around 15-20 major performers (Katy, Rihanna, Beyonce [i don't know I love love love her but she just isn't in my artist list, but that's not bad. It doesn't lower my view on them. I just seperate between artists, performers & singers/bands. I can still love a singer or hate an artist.], Nicki, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, ect.) and that isn't really a good quote since music is art!

Psychedelic

She is right! ART and POP really went apart. And there are barely Major Artists to still do the ''ARTPOP'' thing. Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Madonna, (Sia,) and Fall Out Boy being the first coming through my mind. 

And Lady Gaga is the only one who counts as a MODERN Popstar. She's the only one on my list whose career isn't a decade old. 

My point is: The artists still going the art route are mostly ''remaining'' ones or are just not commercially big. And Madonna's work isn't even seen as ART recently, even through (excluding HC & MDNE) she makes art. No Doubt aren't seen as art because their art is in fact pretty MODERN. So there are only two(/3) artists ''against'' up to around 15-20 major performers (Katy, Rihanna, Beyonce [i don't know I love love love her but she just isn't in my artist list, but that's not bad. It doesn't lower my view on them. I just seperate between artists, performers & singers/bands. I can still love a singer or hate an artist.], Nicki, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, ect.) and that isn't really a good quote since music is art!

​90% Agreed with all you said, that 10 percent is my opinion on Beyonce trying to be a little more artsy in her last album/era through her videos and performances, but that's just my personal perception!

Archived