💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: Eddie Redmayne's new shocking photoshoot from his new movie

Bradley

Featured Posts

SKANK

I'd love to see more trans people represented as both the subject of Hollywood films and the stars of Hollywood films. This at least ticks one of those boxes. I can't wait to see Eddie Redmayne portray Lili Elbe. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wixson

​Adults doing the voice-acting isn't always the case: off the top of my head, I do recall a young Kristen Dunst doing the voice of young Anastasia in the 1997 FOX movie and two young girls voicing young Elsa/Anna in Frozen. But I imagine adults do it much more because the pool of child acting is small enough as it is? IDK.

The thing about the "Theory" role is that I know of no actor out there with the same disability that Mr. Hawkings has (and can replicate it in the same way), but there sure are LGBT actors/actresses that can perform this particular role. 

People behind movies and stories like this one don't give a damn about the LGBT community in the way they should. It's all about money and the headlines. Of course it's gonna sound more challenging if a man plays a transgender woman than a transgender woman starring as a transgender woman! But that's a whole differerent area... I don't have a problem with it as much as the others do, because at the end of the day it's still a form of art and I can appreciate it either way. 

LordDisick

​Because it's not acting then. It's simply being yourself and saying what the screenwriters wrote. Same with "why don't disabled people play disabled people in movies"

​you make zero sense :toofunny::toofunny:

Hellspont

he was so fabulously terrible in Jupiter Ascending, he looks quite pretty in drag :flutter:

Robotboy

im sooo tired of the "ugh its not a transwoman so that means they are transphobic" bs. transgendered people have alot more important issues to deal with and this is not one of them.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Slade

​Are you seriously stating that a real transgendered woman can't play a transgendered woman in a film?
Okay.. so because Bradley Cooper is a straight male in real life.. he can't play a straight male in a movie, right? 

Smh. Think before you type.

​I think he meant that the actor/actress doesn't have to be what the role calls for in real life to play it. Sure, a transgender woman could play a transgender woman in a movie, but so can someone who isn't. It's acting. Anyone can play any role if their talents fit the character.

Haroon

He looks good looking as both genders :laughga:

But yeah with regards to the transgender acting thing, it's a double-sided thing I guess :huh: On one hand having an actual transgender woman do it would be great because it's more connected and giving that minority a limelight and stuff. On the other hand, having a big name like his do it brings loads of attention to the movie itself, and the whole transgender subject :yes: I think both are good at the end of the day, I'm just glad the whole situation is being represented :shrug:

MelbHawker

Yeah, I guess a real sociopath should've played the role of Lisa Rowe in 'Girl, Interrupted' originally played by Angelina Jolie, right? Or David Fincher should've hired a woman who framed her husband of murdering her, running away and killing her ex boyfriend instead of Rosamund Pike. Makes sense.

​You need to familiarise yourself with what 'acting' means, x.

Wixson

​You need to familiarise yourself with what 'acting' means, x.

I've been involved in student theatre for the past three years & I've been volunteering in a local movie theater for the past six months. Don't talk to me about 'acting', darling.

If that's the best you have to offer, don't reply to this, I've made my point, your perception is not my problem.

MelbHawker

I've been involved in student theatre for the past three years & I've been volunteering in a local movie theater for the past six months. Don't talk to me about 'acting', darling.

If that's the best you have to offer, don't reply to this, I've made my point, your perception is not my problem.

​You stated that an actual transgender woman playing a transgender woman in film isn't acting, because then it would mean the actor was playing themselves. Do you not know what a 'character' is within the context of film? 

ryhanna

Representation in the media is important. It would certainly be more authentic if it were a trans person playing the role, but trans people being positively represented at all is a good thing. 

Personally, I'm not a trans person and all I'm interested in is the quality of the performance, but it's understandable why some are upset. 

Archived