💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna BANNED from BBC Radio1 for being "irrelevant and old"

Yves

Featured Posts

I never said she's not the Queen, her longevity explains why she is the Queen of pop. Though what I said is that Madonna's fans are delusional by saying Living For Love is a hit... No it's absolutely not. I find it just hypocrite that they dare to say itunes / hot100 position and Vevo's views are irrelevant while they used it to bash Gaga / Rihanna / Katy / others when they are underperforming.

You can't say charts are irrelevant just because your artist is flopping, that was my point...

LFL is flopping, ok, I think she must move on to her next single when her album is coming out. Whatever even if she has an horrible era, like you said she has longevity in her career. Good for her. But her fans should let other artists the chance to get this longevity and stop saying 'she's over !' when someone fails with a single or album. Madonna also had her flops (I'm just saying.)

I completely agree with you that the single is flopping, but there may still be hope! I think the leaks harmed quite a lot the chances of the single doing well. I don't know. She should definitely move on if LFL doesn't pick up. I hope the album sales will be good. The album deserves it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

Well name it then.

Not falling in your irony game... you know it's true, the song isn't great at all, but it isn't as sucky as many songs that have even been #1. Anyways, they're playing it in other countries and it's still flopping... so it'd probably be the same case, what you can't deny is that they're being ageist by not wanting to play it at all.

PopBitch

Madonna will survive.  How do you think she got to where she is, an easy career, no obstacles?  Nope.  That's what she's had most of her career, obstacles, nayayers.   She's tough.  Excerpt of interview before Erotica and the Sex Book came out in 1992.

"Madonna, who’s in therapy, can see that her obsessive drive and perfectionism are a need to control what she could not control in early childhood, and what subsequently caused such pain. She also admits that her need to dominate stems from “losing my mother and then being very attached to my father and then losing my father to my stepmother and going through my childhood thinking the things that I loved and was sure about were being pulled away.†The fact that, even today, her engineer father refuses to acknowledge her celebrity on visits home must make her desire to shock and succeed all the more powerful.

“I didn’t have a mother, like maybe a female role model, and I was left on my own a lot, and I think that probably gave me courage to do things,†she explains. “I think when you go through something really traumatic in your childhood you choose one of two thingsâ€â€you either overcompensate and pull yourself up and make yourself stand tall, and become a real attention getter, or you become terribly introverted and you have real personality problems.

“The courage part comes from the same place the need for control comes from, which is, I will never be hurt again, I will be in charge of my life, in charge of my destiny. I will make things work. I will not feel this pain in my heart.â€

Archived