💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: 50 Cent spilling tea about the Kanye/Beck Grammy fiasco

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

shaking your ass and sing wisely doesn't make you a real artist, while others really make good music and art, they are the true artists. **** this delusional crap.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

lol I listened to Beck ... both albums Beyonce and Mroning Phase are not AOTY worthy tbh ... both aren't more than 6.5/10 :smh:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Whispering

Soo, let's completely change the topic? You implied you wouldn't want to listen to an album like Beyoncé because of the amount of writers/producers. I'm telling you the song in your name/avy has more writers than almost anything on Beyoncé.

No, not writers. Gaga writes her own lyrics.

Sound engineers/DJs/mixers are not the same as song writers.

Beyoncé has an excellent voice and her dancing and presentation of her music/videos, etc is her talent. That's what she brings to the table, and that's fine...she is still extremely talented! Don't even try to compare her to Gaga in the realm of songwriting, though! They are both talented artists that bring several skills and talents to the table, but songwriting is not one of those skills for Beyoncé...and it definitely is for Gaga!

Gagaloo911

:tea:

This, it's not an award for most individual album of the year, or least collaborative album of the year. It's for the best album.

Yes, and clearly Beck's was the best album of the year, and the Grammy's agreed so :ohwell:

PopBitch

I hate that argument. The award isn't for who produced more or who played more instruments or who wrote more songs. It's for Album of the Year. The number of songwriters, producers, or anything like that has nothing to do with the quality of Beyonce's album. It's fine to think that Beck had a better quality album, but the fact that he produced and wrote all the song doesn't make a better album per say. 

i think his point is Kanye ranted Beck needed to respect artistry and give Beyonce the award.   Well,  how can you disrespect Beck's artistry?  He's an established artist and musician.  He is an artist and very talented as per the point he wrote and produced his record, which is amazing.   Plus, he did get great reviews.

Sure many write and produce and make a bad album.  This wasn't one.  But Kanye in his rant ignored Beck completely as an artist, only saying Beck needed to respect artistry.  No, Kanye needs to respect artistry.

No one is saying Bey didn't make a great album.  She did. Kanye is the one who completely ignored and disrespected Beck as an artist and so it is being pointed out what a strong artist he is and made a great album.

PopBitch

You guys...

50 Cent isn't saying that either album is less than the other. Kanye basically said that Beck winning the award was a disrespect to artistry, and 50 is responding by saying "well, Beck is an artist by every definition."

Y'all are projecting more onto it than is there. :smh:

Exactly.  Bingo.

Psychedelic

I hate that argument. The award isn't for who produced more or who played more instruments or who wrote more songs. It's for Album of the Year. The number of songwriters, producers, or anything like that has nothing to do with the quality of Beyonce's album. It's fine to think that Beck had a better quality album, but the fact that he produced and wrote all the song doesn't make a better album per say. 

Spill that tea Miranda! :trootea:

Still Kanye disrespecting Beck's effor was a mess... Anyways, they will probably collab in acouple of years like he's collabing with Taylor now :madge:

Everybody just chill on this once for all!

StrawberryBlond

i think his point is Kanye ranted Beck needed to respect artistry and give Beyonce the award.   Well,  how can you disrespect Beck's artistry?  He's an established artist and musician.  He is an artist and very talented as per the point he wrote and produced his record, which is amazing.   Plus, he did get great reviews.

Sure many write and produce and make a bad album.  This wasn't one.  But Kanye in his rant ignored Beck completely as an artist, only saying Beck needed to respect artistry.  No, Kanye needs to respect artistry.

No one is saying Bey didn't make a great album.  She did. Kanye is the one who completely ignored and disrespected Beck as an artist and so it is being pointed out what a strong artist he is and made a great album.

You put it down exactly how I wanted to. It's clear Kanye's definition of respecting artistry means respecting whatever he personally finds artistic, especially if it's by someone who's friends of his. I'm sure if it was the other way around and Beyonce had written and produced her entire album and lost out to someone with 11 producers, Kanye would be telling the opposition to respect the artistry of someone who made a whole album entirely on their own. Jay and Beyonce need to sit him down and tell him to stop fighting unnecessary battles on her behalf as it's making her look really bad.

It's simple. The Grammys chose to give their award to Beck because he received the most votes from a very large panel of judges who believed he had the album of the year. That is the only collection of opinions that matter. Kanye and the rest of the world can form their own opinion, sure, but it isn't going to change anything. If you don't like the judges opinion, move on from paying attention to the Grammys. 

Kanye is ignorant for preaching about 'respecting artistry' when he chose to actively disrespect and put down an artist. 

He needs to either needs to get his head out of Beyonce's (perfect) ass or stop playing around for attention and the limelight. 

Tommymonster44

"Kanye being a producer and writer"

Doesn't Kanye mainly organize his albums rather than actually create the music himself. His latest album, I believe most of his involvement was cultivating the best upcoming DJ's and producers, such as Arca. Not that there isn't power in synthesizing and organizing rather than creating, I find his entire artistry rant a little overdramatic coming from him.

Archived