Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: 50 Cent spilling tea about the Kanye/Beck Grammy fiasco

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

Soo, let's completely change the topic? You implied you wouldn't want to listen to an album like Beyoncé because of the amount of writers/producers. I'm telling you the song in your name/avy has more writers than almost anything on Beyoncé.

???

I justified the Grammy's choice. I didn't say anything about my preferences, and surely my preferences have nothing to do with the Grammys.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aquaprincess

i think until you listen to both beck's and beyonce's album you cant judge whos is better. i think a lot of people wanted beyonce to win because shes more popular. but the grammy's arent a popularity contest. for that watch the AMAs or billboard awards. and this isnt the first time something like this happened. couple years ago arcade fire won for aoty and no on knew who they were. i wont judge because i havent  listened to becks album. I am tempted now tho.  i have listened to beyonce's tho and the songs are catchy yes. but the question is does that merit winning? grammys didnt think so. oh well. :sweep:

XoXoJoanneGaga

???

I justified the Grammy's choice. I didn't say anything about my preferences, and surely my preferences have nothing to do with the Grammys.

"When I buy an album from an artist, I expect artistic integrity. I want that album to be about that artist, made by that artist and totally about that artist."

You were talking about your own preferences there

It's implied, tho. Imagine you're a painter, and you're terrible at painting clouds, so you pay someone to paint perfect clouds for you. But you're also terrible at painting grass, so you pay someone to paint you grass, which looks amazing. And then you want to paint people, but you have little talent to do so, so you pay someone to do it. When it's finished, it looks amazing, but what's the integrity and the quality of the process, as a whole?

What if someone paints something better (or equally good) than you, even though he's painting made less money than yours, when it was sold? Doesn't he deserve some sort of recognition?

If you have the guts to sign your name on an album with 15 producers, don't expect the same respect has someone who did an equally good job only by himself. That's it.

That a--logy doesn't really work because a painter is expected to paint alone. I'd go out on a limb to say it's an extreme rarity that any album is created ENTIRELY by the performing artist. In fact, I'd be impressed if you could find me an album where all of the vocals/instruments/production/composition/lyrics/arrangements/mixes/masters were handled by a single person. Even Morning Phase has 9 producers attached to it, so I don't know why people keep talking about how many producer's BEYONCE had.

Once again, the award for Album of the Year isn't only awarded to the performer. It goes to all the producers, master & mixing engineers too. It's awarded to the body of work, not the person.

If it was an award for most multi-talented person, then sure. Beck would trump. 

"When I buy an album from an artist, I expect artistic integrity. I want that album to be about that artist, made by that artist and totally about that artist."

You were talking about your own preferences there

It's meant to be extrapolated to fit my argument.  :sick:

That a--logy doesn't really work because a painter is expected to paint alone. I'd go out on a limb to say it's an extreme rarity that any album is created ENTIRELY by the performing artist. In fact, I'd be impressed if you could find me an album where all of the vocals/instruments/production/composition/lyrics/arrangements/mixes/masters were handled by a single person. Even Morning Phase has 9 producers attached to it, so I don't know why people keep talking about how many producer's BEYONCE had.

Once again, the award for Album of the Year isn't only awarded to the performer. It goes to all the producers, master & mixing engineers too. It's awarded to the body of work, not the person.

It does in a sense that two people did an equally good job, and the Grammys decided to give the award to someone who did his job mostly by himself.

It's a matter of respect, tho. That's the reason why Gaga (and most artists with decency) doesn't get 50 producers and 50 writers to make the best album ever. It's worth less, at the end of the day.

XoXoJoanneGaga

It's meant to be extrapolated to fit my argument.  :sick:

That wasn't clear at all.

I get what you're saying, that an album made by 50 people is less impressive than an album made by 10 people that's of equal quality, but it's not necessarily true. Collaboration isn't something that should be looked down on artistically cause it can lead to unexpected results that would be impossible alone. The type of production on Beyoncé's album wouldn't be possible without all those great producers coming together to make a newer, bigger sound. Beck's album could have been produced in the 70's. At the end of the day, this is all pretty removed from the actual quality of the albums.

It does in a sense that two people did an equally good job, and the Grammys decided to give the award to someone who did his job mostly by himself.

It's a matter of respect, tho. That's the reason why Gaga (and most artists with decency) doesn't get 50 producers and 50 writers to make the best album ever. It's worth less, at the end of the day.

I really don't think the Academy looks at the list of how many people are involved with an album to make their choice, though. And if they do, they shouldn't. It's easy to say that one person doing a million jobs is more impressive, and it is. But that doesn't affect the quality of the album as a whole, so it shouldn't be used as an argument as to why Beck should've won. To me, it just seems like a predictable, pretentious and easy way of putting down the work of a female pop artist.

But I do agree, I don't really see why artists enlist so many writers/producers to make an album, it seems unnecessary to me. But I don't think it degrades the quality of the work in any way.

destinyofself

Beyoncé didn't deserve it, end of. A lot more work clearly went in to Beck's album. If he can write and produce his record that deserves recognition and praise. Also imo Beck's record is more authentic, it's 100% him, where as Beyoncé's record is a product made by many different writers and producers.

MahoganySnitch

I hate that argument. The award isn't for who produced more or who played more instruments or who wrote more songs. It's for Album of the Year. The number of songwriters, producers, or anything like that has nothing to do with the quality of Beyonce's album. It's fine to think that Beck had a better quality album, but the fact that he produced and wrote all the song doesn't make a better album per say. 

This, 100%. The award wasn't for who played the most instruments. And I think people tend to forget the voice itself is an instrument that needs its own kind of care and practice, too.

SpadesToStart

lol I didn't like "Beyonce" that much, is it really so hard to imagine some members of the recording academy didn't either?  It doesn't matter who or how many people worked on an album.  The voters listened to both and thought Beck's was better.

:bye:

(Also don't let your love of Beyonce cloud your view on Kanye's actions.  If he was pulling these stunts against Bey, y'all would be calling him out for the rude, arrogant child that he is)

MahoganySnitch

MTE. 

I hate that argument. The award isn't for who produced more or who played more instruments or who wrote more songs. It's for Album of the Year. The number of songwriters, producers, or anything like that has nothing to do with the quality of Beyonce's album. It's fine to think that Beck had a better quality album, but the fact that he produced and wrote all the song doesn't make a better album per say.

All this truth tea set me on fire.

xwxCvlh.jpg

TheOriginalOne
Beck deserved to win. Beyoncé is still a great album though, it was nominated after all.

Archived