đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry's Halftime Show the Most-Watched in Super Bowl History

itsIGGYiggz

Featured Posts

That's my point for that post, this is why Katy isn't so high on singles, but higher on albums. 

which is ironic because she's a single artist

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic

which is ironic because she's a single artist

Maybe because people want to hear different songs from her (plus her album sales are pretty decent). 

why would her albums chart when all her 3 songs were from different albums + she's not the main act, but why non of Katys albums is charting on the top 5, as I remember the past years performers slayed the iTunes (single and album) charts after their show

I don't know how other artist did, Katy's album was on Itunes because the performance and so far most of her albums are in the top 10 or 15. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Ladey Gagz

why would her albums chart when all her 3 songs were from different albums + she's not the main act, but why non of Katys albums is charting on the top 5, as I remember the past years performers slayed the iTunes (single and album) charts after their show

Katy is from the digital era, so I highly doubt a lot of people would buy her singles after the performance and not when it was huge. People who like the song already bought it when the song smashed.

On the other hand, Missy is not from the digital era, so it makes sense that she would get a lot of sales from iTunes

Maybe because people want to hear different songs from her (plus her album sales are pretty decent). 

which is why the average sales of katy's major hits are at 5m. she's consistent, but something tells me that her U.S fanbase is limited. that explains why her songs are not selling much after the superbowl

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

LoveandMagic

If she's the reason for the higher ratings, than good for her! I wasn't very keen on her half-time performance, but I know there was a lot of pressure on her so I'm glad her performance went without a hitch.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Whispering

But why did beyonce drop after madonna?

Because the overall viewership for the game dropped that year, therefore the half-time viewership also decreased.

KingOfSpain

Has nothing to do with her individually. The amount of people watching the superbowl each year is just increasing. Next year's will probably be higher than her.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Whispering

Where's her album? 

And it has been said before, why do people need to rebuy 'Firework', "Roar', "Dark Horse" when it already smashed.

There are 113 million people who watched last night, who haven't bought her singles. That's a heck of a lot of people that wouldn't have to rebuy the singles.

Prismatic

There are 113 million people who watched last night, who haven't bought her singles. That's a heck of a lot of people that wouldn't have to rebuy the singles.

I see you coming for me this whole day.

Do you see her album rising though? Why not buy the album (only 5 or 6 dollars and you can get the whole thing, while you'll get one song for 1+ dollars). 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

not surprised

she has been the #1 Popstar in the planet since 2011 and as long as she keeps making relatable music and maintains her humble attitude this will continue for years

a-katy-perry-gif-2.gif

RebeldeFaith

Some people where expecting boobs.

I was expecting boobs tbh.

perry-elmo.gif

But instead we got Lion King, A shark Tale, Jimmy Hendrix and Volantis. That was focking awesome.

Something something idk

Whispering

I see you coming for me this whole day.

Do you see her album rising though? Why not buy the album (only 5 or 6 dollars and you can get the whole thing, while you'll get one song for 1+ dollars).

I see her albums dropping after less than 24 hours after her performance. Last year, viewers both Bruno's singles AND albums...they bought both! Bruno's albums and singles were higher after the show (and for longer) last year.

Despite the higher rating for the game overall this year, the impact for Katy is less than it was for Bruno last year.

Whispering

not surprised

she has been the #1 Popstar in the planet since 2011

That would be Adele, Taylor, Beyonce or JT.

Archived