Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy set to make Halftime Record

Yanko

Featured Posts

Whispering

plus she did this even without the Grammys boost (exposure) that Bruno had last year

Bruno didn't perform at last year's Grammys, nor did he win any of the big four awards.

His SB boost was because people liked his half-time performance and his songs.

If the record is being broken year to year, then it seems to me like it's more about overall viewership trends than individual artists. Will wait for next year to confirm.

That is correct. The overall viewership increases every year. Simple as that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is correct. The overall viewership increases every year. Simple as that.

no it doesnt increase every year. madonna in 2012 had higher ratings than beyonce the year after. ppl just stayed to watch katy in bigger numbers. simple as that.

in addition to that katy's halftime seems to have higher ratings than the whole first half of the game so more ppl tuned in to watch katy than the first half of the game? unlike beyonce who s ratings dropped when the first half finished 

blacklistedd

Ratings have nothing to do with her, they depend on the game and teams involved. I'd imagine viewers rise every year.

Ratings have nothing to do with her, they depend on the game and teams involved. I'd imagine viewers rise every year.

no they don't. but keep ignoring all the receipts i guess if that suits you

Jenniferella

GO KATY !!!!

I'm so happy for her endless success :flutter:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Whispering

no it doesnt increase every year. madonna in 2012 had higher ratings than beyonce the year after. ppl just stayed to watch katy in bigger numbers. simple as that.

in addition to that katy's halftime seems to have higher ratings than the whole first half of the game so more ppl tuned in to watch katy than the first half of the game? unlike beyonce who s ratings dropped when the first half finished

The ratings for the game increase each year, therefore so does the half-time show. As the average person has Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media, the numbers are increasing because of this trend. The Super Bowl is an event in the US, more than a game or some 12 minute music show. The average citizen wants to experience it all live so they can comment with their closest 2,000 friends on social media. It's all about the event, not who is participating in the event.

Just like last year, when more people tuned into See Bruno, than watched the first half. Normally, the ratings increase as the game goes on.

Also remember, the lights went out for thirty-five minutes during halftime during Beyonce's year. That affected the viewer total overall.

Psychedelic

I wouldn't be surprised. Whether you love her or hate her, you know you were watching her :giggle:

this!

judging by ITunes im pretty sure people tuned up to see Missy

slay

photo-23394.jpg?_r=1414863553

how could they? they didnt even know she was appearing when they tuned it... plus Katy is also slying the iTunes albums chart, the one for people who buy the whole album, not just a song or two!

the numbers are in. 118.5 million watched Katy. the ratings increased during the halftime ppl tuned in to see katy

ThisGuyTony

the numbers are in. 118.5 million watched Katy. the ratings increased during the halftime ppl tuned in to see katy

Who else but the queen? Well deserved.

KatyPerry_DarkHorse_walk.gif

Whispering

The ratings increase as the game goes on and they usually do increase for halftime.

Once again, people watch the Super Bowl event. They didn't watch to see Katy.

The ratings increase as the game goes on and they usually do increase for halftime.

Once again, people watch the Super Bowl event. They didn't watch to see Katy.

if that helps you accept it then fine keep this thought up :)

meanwhile i didnt see this excuse a few hours ago when ppl bragged about bruno madonna (not beyonce because hers dropped) and little monsters were predicting that katy wouldnt flop cause her promo on youtube was flopping and that she had zero hype:)

Whispering

if that helps you accept it then fine keep this thought up :)

meanwhile i didnt see this excuse a few hours ago when ppl bragged about bruno madonna (not beyonce because hers dropped) and little monsters were predicting that katy wouldnt flop cause her promo on youtube was flopping and that she had zero hype:)

Facts are facts. I accept facts.

The sports world and general public is not concerned about these silly diva wars. The millions that watch the Super Bowl do so to be a part of the biggest event of the year. Rarely does the half-time show have any kind of long term and lasting impact, unless there is some type of controversy. The exception was last year when Bruno had a large boost in single and album sales, that lasted far past the first few days, and was actually felt on a worldwide level.

There is a whole big world outside of a bunch of drama queens fighting over their diva of choice at insignificant places like ATRL.

AgusPop

The show was entertaining  and that's all.

Katy will never be remembered as a music legend and she knows it and she does not care.

Prismatic

Is that the most watch of all time?!!! :emo:

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived