💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Super Bowl XLIX + Katy Perry's Halftime Show Discussion

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

I've been wondering, do you think that was prerecorded or actually the crowd? It sounded louder than when a crowd normally sings

That's also what I was wondering. It seemed a bit loud, and way too in sync. Like the whole stadium just started all together, at the right moment. Seemed a bit odd.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster2015

I knew someone would come at me with a "Bonnie Mckee writes her music!" but from what I understand she does have writing credits on all her songs. She is somewhat responsible for her hits.

Yea but sometimes writing credits can be shady. I was listening to an interview (forgot who it was) on how some famous people put their names on writing credits to get money for the song when in fact they didn't even write it (via the term ghostwriter)

Rabbit Heart

Show was rather boring Leny and Missy ft. some random white wanne be! Everything was made for kids, her vocals bad as always. Her trying to rep failed as expected... Worst half time show in lastest few years! Hoping they'll start picking singers again cuz if they leave it like this Kety will pay too perform again just as she did this year...  :blehga:

Gagaloo911

I see no lies that tea was scalding. :thetea:

The truth hurts :lollipop:

aquaprincess

I'm getting flamebait teas but I agree with most of it. On the other hand, y'all act like Y'all met KP yesterday. Isn't this to be expected of her by now?

Yea but sometimes writing credits can be shady. I was listening to an interview (forgot who it was) on how some famous people put their names on writing credits to get money for the song when in fact they didn't even write it (via the term ghostwriter)

Like Beyonce.

Katy and Bonnie are much more a partnership. Katy has even written songs herself for others (Kelly Clarkson single).

what is even sadder is the ppl who grab on the one of the very few negative reviews and party about it ignoring the universal praise she gets from all the credible sources

Favorited 1,306 times
Bonnie McKee â€@BonnieMcKee  Feb 1
Crying watching @katyperry singing the songs we wrote together in front of 112MILLION people... So honored and in awe. THANK U AMERICA!!

I totally agree with every word, but I also feel bad for Katy. She seemed to be really proud of herself, yet all she's getting is hate and being made fun of after that performance. 

Honestly, she didn't do anything unexpected. It's not like people didn't know what they were getting themselves into when they supported her albums enough to make her a candidate for the SuperBowl, not like they weren't aware of her image when they asked her to perform, and not like we had high expectations to begin with. 

Beyonce putting on a bad performance justifies a "WTF HAPPENED?!", but people are acting like they expected Katy to give something different than what we got on Sunday....

I'm ready to move on. Missy stole the show, Katy once again solidified why she gets Kids Choice Awards instead of Grammys, and the Sharks are the new meme. /situation

I totally agree with every word, but I also feel bad for Katy. She seemed to be really proud of herself, yet all she's getting is hate and being made fun of after that performance. 

Honestly, she didn't do anything unexpected. It's not like people didn't know what they were getting themselves into when they supported her albums enough to make her a candidate for the SuperBowl, not like they weren't aware of her image when they asked her to perform, and not like we had high expectations to begin with. 

Beyonce putting on a bad performance justifies a "WTF HAPPENED?!", but people are acting like they expected Katy to give something different than what we got on Sunday....

I'm ready to move on. Missy stole the show, Katy once again solidified why she gets Kids Choice Awards instead of Grammys, and the Sharks are the new meme. /situation

:trootea:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

this fanbases dedication to bashing katy is real. the nerve to judge Madonna s fanbase for doing much less than this though

StrawberryBlond

Wow, this review is the definition of BURN. Even if I do agree with basically every word (and lots of people know I don't mince my words when it comes to artists I dislike), this was a bit too mean even by my standards. That bit about "there's nothing there with her, there's never been a popstar with any less there" is really inaccurate, I must say. I can name a whole load of popstars who are more vacant than a wide open toilet door. Everything else, I agree with, though. I knew this Superbowl performance was going to be a big mistake as the whole of America was finally going to see her for the third rate performer that she is. Katy has never played a headling gig at a stadium before and even in arenas and tv studios, her vocals, dancing and performance skills were terrible. How on earth was she supposed to handle a gig this massive?

Missy did a quick medley, and nothing about her vocals, audience interaction, or costume stood out. But of course everyone who likes hip hop more than pop or who grew up on Missy's songs preferred that to Katy. Let's see Missy do a 10 minutes show to judge.

Her overall talent was what was overwhelming more than anything. Missy's last album was in 2005 and she hasn't done a live performance in years and certainly not one for a Superbowl sized crowd. Yet she could still put on a performance that got the audience jumping, people talking and ignited sales in her music again. She didn't need props or distractions to own it either. That's talent. A lot of rap females styles doesn't age well when they get older but Missy's still as good now as she was back in her heyday. I like hip hop just as much as I like pop and Katy's certainly a guilty pleasure and preferring Missy had nothing to do with me liking her better overall. Her skills just couldn't be denied. I know next to nothing about Lenny Kravitz and I preferred him too. Katy can't rap like Missy or play guitar like Lenny. She doesn't have the stage presence of either of them too. So, naturally, she looked like the weak performer.

Archived