Featured Posts

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

They didn't lie though. :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Monster2015

It was an entertaining show, but I agree. An X-Factor contestant could have sung her songs and put on a show just like that, It was all stage production and wasn't so much about Katy's vocals, choreography or performance.

Still credit to her for writing such catchy songs and getting to the point in her career where she played the SuperBowl.

Ummm...

2qdn3v6.jpg

Ummm...

2qdn3v6.jpg

I knew someone would come at me with a "Bonnie Mckee writes her music!" but from what I understand she does have writing credits on all her songs. She is somewhat responsible for her hits.

ryhanna

Eh. I overlook the dancing. As far as I know, Katy's never been much of a dancer. I don't know why it's almost an expectation for a pop star to dance? If she can't dance, don't make her. It'd be so awkward to watch her trying to force some moves in just because people expect her to dance.

That being said, stage presence is very important and I think it's something that Katy has trouble with. She's got a bright, bubbly personality, but she tends to get lost in amongst the production aspect of her performances, the Super Bowl in particular. Among the dancing sharks, giant tiger, and her guests that commanded the stage with much more ease and charisma than Katy herself, I found myself not actually focusing on her. There was always something distracting going on. 

It was all stage production and wasn't so much about Katy's vocals, choreography or performance.

You can say the same for Beyonce and Madonna. All rushed medleys with emphasis on spectacle, which is what Superbowl demands. You gotta watch a lot longer show to get a feel for stage presence.

The classic rock DJs that I happened upon yesterday morning thought Katy did a good job, even though they aren't pop fans.

Pure Adrenaline

I suspect that she actually has no other choice but to be tacky and embrace it in fake-it-till-you-make-it sleight of hand.

THIS SO MUCH :spin:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

The main impression a non-pop fan would get is that Madonna, Beyonce, and Katy are all pretty much the same and rely on lavish spectacle. You need a mini-concert of 15-30 minutes to get a sense of stage presence and their individuality as performers.

The lashings :rip:

Give ha some air :lmao:

The drag on the infantile staging :rip:

The show was okay, imo. Not bad but also not good.

The main impression a non-pop fan would get is that Madonna, Beyonce, and Katy are all pretty much the same and rely on lavish spectacle. You need a mini-concert of 15-30 minutes to get a sense of stage presence and their individuality as performers.

I feel a true performer can demand stage presence despite props thus Missy Elliot's performance was well received

You can say the same for Beyonce and Madonna. All rushed medleys with emphasis on spectacle, which is what Superbowl demands. You gotta watch a lot longer show to get a feel for stage presence.

Missy had only a few minutes and there was an immense stage presence. She automatically felt bigger than everything else around her.

Katy seemed like one of the props. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived