Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Super Bowl XLIX + Katy Perry's Halftime Show Discussion

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

DanMonster

Are you for real?  :lmao:

Yep get over it. Most of the public that I have talked to that aren't in any specific fan base agree that it was incredible. Most people on this forum must not know what a Katy show looks like because it was just like a great Katy concert. You guys are really mean to her. You don't have to like it but seriously the hate for it has gone beyond rediculous now. She entertained people and that was her job!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SAYCART2point0

imHsjmumOWsgN.gif

who the **** is this lady?!?! :lmao:

It was so good, everyone loved it

a filthy mess. It seems many people here are very pressed that their own fave could and would never do the super bowl halftime show

why are you hating on gaga on gagadaily? bye!

I really didn't like it. She could have at least acknowledged that there was a football game- instead she made it all. about. her. And I thought the shooting star was cheesey. It looked like a cheap toy claw machine you'd play at walmart, and for fifty cents you have the chance to win one of those sharks that were trying to dance. :manicure:

the shooting star  :millie:

SAYCART2point0

of course gaga would act pressed and say nothing! :)

wow.... stop dissing gaga on her own fan page. bye hater!

wow.... stop dissing gaga on her own fan page. bye hater!

wow welcome to gagadaily. a place where most dont blindly agree with anything gaga does

SAYCART2point0

wow welcome to gagadaily. a place where most dont blindly agree with anything gaga does

saying she is pressed just because she didn't comment on katy's performance tho? that was just stupid and you just seem to be up katy perry's ass at this point.

Katy gets more good news today. 118.5 millions watched her show last night in the USA. she broke Bruno's record easily

daviddarko

Well, It was ok for Katy Standards, I mean, she can't dance, she can't sing live, so the Show was just .....entertaining

Welcome to gagadaily. a Gaga's Fan Site

The stage during Dark Horse and the costume her dancers wore were amazing.

It was such a great moment when she made the crowd sing along to California Girls

But my favorite part was when she grinded on Lenny and they sang I kissed a girl together. Damn, that was amazing! It had so much energy in it, It was really powerful

Mind-blowing performance.

This :toofunny: it's a tad bit ridiculous

StrawberryBlond

The whole set up with the stage and how she flitted between every set was impressive. But apart from the giant tiger, the production values were so cheap, especially the beach segment. I don't know how much of the vocals were lipsynched but there is no way it was completely live - Katy would be practically coughing up a lung if she sung this all live as she can barely sing in tune for a ballad where she's standing still. Needless to say, she was completely out-classed by Lenny and Missy. Lenny's guitar playing and presence was brilliant but why on earth did he have to sing IKAG? I've heard men sing this before and it's so cringey because it makes no sense when a (straight) male sings it, even with lyric changes. I think him singing such a song made him look a fool, honestly and I don't know if he felt embarrassed doing it but his talent at least shone through. There was no reason that he couldn't have sung American Woman instead, if Missy could do her own songs. Speaking of which...Missy owned it. She's still got it and looks amazing. Katy looked like your typical cultural appropriating white girl dancing around her in a bomber jacket and there was no doubt who was the most talented one on that stage. Guests should compliment you, but they should never outshine you and that's what happened. I'm not fans of Beyonce and Bruno at all, but they undeniably have talent even without all the bells and whistles. The Superbowl made a big mistake having Katy follow those two.

Katy has shown that she needs a big budget million dollar set to be captivating. There's a reason why she didn't perform any ballads (I consider Firework the closest thing to a ballad without being one as the chorus is too fast). Besides her fans, her ballads just don't connect with the public because when Katy is singing slowly without any distractions going on, people are bored. Oh, well, I got most of my setlist bets right. Surprised she got all the songs from Prism out of the way first instead of spacing them out, though. It was a wise choice just singing all her US #1's and leaving out the flop singles from Prism. But it was weird to hear her sing just one song from her debut and the majority being from Teenage Dream, showing once again that she'll never have an era like that again. Hopefully her not debuting any new material and only using 2 songs from Prism is the confirmation that there will not be a re-release. If there's one era I don't want to see dragged out, it's the Prism era.

Archived