Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"The Daily Dot" newspaper DRAGS Katy Perry in OP-ED

Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

Does she really mention he (said gay boy in song) should hang himself with his h&m scarf?

It actually is the opening line of the song

Prismatic

It sounds like this was written by a Tumblr social justice warrior.

This.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

People will find anything to drag nowadays. The world is too easily offended. She makes fun simple pop. Who cares about the lyrics? Anyone who spends their time worrying about Pop lyrics needs to reevaluate their life.

Some of the comments here are tragic.

These are all valid criticisms, and headlining the superbowl or being successful doesn't negate these criticisms. I imagine a lot of the people here will praise to the heavens whenever an article comes out praising Gaga for her unconventional portrayals of gender and s-xuality and how she challenges preconceived notions of gender, s-xuality and beauty. The same people are now here dismissing the conversation of how Katy represents gender, s-xuality and beauty by implying such conversations are irrelevant and somehow exaggerated. 

"Lelelel I red sumthing lyk dis on tumblr ther4 it's irrelephent!" - Is such a dumb scapegoat to avoid actually critically engaging with any of the points made in the article. If you disagree with the points made in an article then provide reasons why you don't agree, don't take the easy route by distracting from the issue.

It always seems telling in forums such as this that, with a lot of conversations, a group of people on one side will explain their point of view while the other side will avoid engaging in the subject at all and will instead throw around a bunch of emojies and snarky remarks.

The article has laid out the reasons why it is arguing in a certain direction, if you disagree with the article then refute their premise and draw your own conclusion.

Squidward T

They should be attacking her on her lack of any talent. Ur So Gay was a honophobic song but the lyrics were so cringeworthy it didnt even hold any substantial power

Pure Adrenaline

lol and 90% of the article was in relation with her first album ...... and they only mention Roar being basic

really last time Katia was being controversial was too long ago to remember :lollipop:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Cody Draco

It sounds like this was written by a Tumblr social justice warrior.

This essay is extremely tragic and taking songs like I Kissed A Girl way too seriously. :smh:

Cody Draco

These are all valid criticisms, and headlining the superbowl or being successful doesn't negate these criticisms. I imagine a lot of the people here will praise to the heavens whenever an article comes out praising Gaga for her unconventional portrayals of gender and s-xuality and how she challenges preconceived notions of gender, s-xuality and beauty. The same people are now here dismissing the conversation of how Katy represents gender, s-xuality and beauty by implying such conversations are irrelevant and somehow exaggerated.

"Lelelel I red sumthing lyk dis on tumblr ther4 it's irrelephent!" - Is such a dumb scapegoat to avoid actually critically engaging with any of the points made in the article. If you disagree with the points made in an article then provide reasons why you don't agree, don't take the easy route by distracting from the issue.

It always seems telling in forums such as this that, with a lot of conversations, a group of people on one side will explain their point of view while the other side will avoid engaging in the subject at all and will instead throw around a bunch of emojies and snarky remarks.

The article has laid out the reasons why it is arguing in a certain direction, if you disagree with the article then refute their premise and draw your own conclusion.

If you desire serious debates maybe you should join a debate class or pm Willy Wonka. Not everyone on this site enjoys/or wants to spend a whole bunch of time and energy typing essays in reply to an essay. I know I sure as hell don't. :reductive:

If you desire serious debates maybe you should join a debate class or pm Willy Wonka. Not everyone on this site enjoys/or wants to spend a whole bunch of time and energy typing essays in reply to an essay. I know I sure as hell don't. :reductive:

It's not about wanting a debate, it's about expecting more than "hurr durr mess hurr durr awkney".

What's the point in even commenting if you can't express your point in any intelligent way? I'm not asking for a paragraph or an essay. All I want is a simple "I disagree with this, because.....".

It makes the GGD experience far less enjoyable when all you have is page after page of mindless drone comments and empty quotes  :thetea:

“Perry's song winkingly reinforces bis-xual and lesbian women as objects of male fantasy (‘hope my boyfriend don't mind it’),â€

Lol bye! Maybe she is just worried her boyfriend will disagree with her kissing other people while she's dating him? This article goes too far imo  :queenga:

***This addresses the point that the user disagrees with, and refutes the a--lysis given by providing their own. It's not a paragraph or an essay and it can include as much sass or personality as wanted. It's not that hard to express a reason for your opinion.

The article has laid out the reasons why it is arguing in a certain direction, if you disagree with the article then refute their premise and draw your own conclusion.

:applause:

Archived