💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea responds to Jill Scott and Eve's "Blaccent" stereotype

Remus

Featured Posts

I don't even like the girls music and I am sick of all the bashing she gets from other artists.

Its like lynch mob mentality at this point with her.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that she is being taken for the longest stroll of bull**** criticism. She may not stand strong with the African American demographic but I don't really think it was her intention to "steal" their culture for profit. If she loves rap/hip-hop culture and wants to be a part of it (accent and all) why can't she? Because she's white? How quick do people become racist whether it be whites towards blacks or blacks towards whites. It can be said she responds too much but honestly, the hate for her is too much at this point.

And just a question: Would anyone listen to her if she rapped and sounded like she came out of the Outback? Absolutely not. She must fit in if she wishes to make it in the hip-hop industry and the accent is obviously making her voice more fitting for the role. And besides, if she is passionate and doing what she loves, she's automatically appropriating and using African American culture? Maybe she's helping spread it through other demographics. People only see what they want to see and usually it's the negative so they can bring somebody down.

This.

If she pulls off this southern accent, so what? Did they really expect her to rap with a strong Aussie accent? That's ridiculous, especially when she's clearly aiming her demography in America. Is it really degrading for black people that she's borrowing their accent and style? I would understand the backlash if she is rapping about sucking ****s, smoking weeds and being the best among these hoes and "niggas". But she isn't. If anything, she's actually embracing the black hip hop culture. I say people these days will always find something to be offended with. :shrug:

There heaps of artists out there that are far more inauthentic than her yet she gets derailed for whatever she does and says. I bet if she is irrelevant, nobody would give her any flying whats. People will always find a need to drag whoever is hot and on top at the moment.

Edit: This is just my opinion though. I certainly wouldn't ignore that racism still exists. But I just think putting all the heat on Iggy after this racism issue had been sparked is too much.

Ugh! Please leave her alone :fail: I'm tired of seeing these articles over and over again

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Willy Wonka

This.

If she pulls off this southern accent, so what? Did they really expect her to rap with a strong Aussie accent? That's ridiculous, especially when she's clearly aiming her demography in America. Is it really degrading for black people that she's borrowing their accent and style? I would understand the backlash if she is rapping about sucking ****s, smoking weeds and being the best among these hoes and "niggas". But she isn't. If anything, she's actually embracing the black hip hop culture. I say people these days will always find something to be offended with. :shrug:

There heaps of artists out there that are far more inauthentic than her yet she gets derailed for whatever she does and says. I bet if she is irrelevant, nobody would give her any flying whats. People will always find a need to drag whoever is hot and on top at the moment.

Edit: This is just my opinion though. I certainly wouldn't ignore that racism still exists. But I just think putting all the heat on Iggy after this racism issue had been sparked is too much.

1. Yeah. What's wrong with rapping with her natural voice? She doesn't need to be something she's not and then try to pass it off as authentic.

2. I always find it suspicious when someone brushes off claims of racism by people of color by claiming that people want to be offended or something.

3. These issues have been dogging her for years, and as she has become more well known, more people have become informed and have made statements.

4. Miley faced the same kind of claims because she was problematic in similar ways. This has nothing to do with Iggy. It has to do with Iggy's behavior.

Ugh I hate her accents. But the two are incomparable. Not only is Gaga squarely in the pop realm (when I was talking about the reality of the hip-hop community), but Gaga also routinely states that everything she does is performance. She never claims that's really how her voice naturally sounds.

Oh yeah ofc. When Gaga fakes her accents is okay or singing in "German" when it's not even real German. Not even 2 words are German. That is what I call rude. She didn't even bother to sing in German. And don't come at me with that gibberish mix. She should have say I don't speak gibberish but I can if you like.

If you wanna use our language ,then do it at least right :madge:

1. Yeah. What's wrong with rapping with her natural voice? She doesn't need to be something she's not and then try to pass it off as authentic.

Exactly. So Gaga please stop with ur fake Accents and rape of foreign languages.

inuborg

For all the heat she's getting and all the time she's spending "defending herself", her next record be fire... and I'm talking Hardcore Kim fire.

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself, but if you're apart of Hip-Hop as a rapper, you truly need to detach your feelings from critics and fans who dislike you and constantly talk bad about you and bring it in the studio with your music. Apparently she doesn't understand that yet. Until then... it's going to be a crying game every single time she talks. Girl, you RAP, people will be coming for you every moment they can. Hip-Hop relies on "beefs" and "criticalness," that's what makes it so interesting. There's no fluffy pillow guaranteed for you... Ignore it and make better music, and maybe Rap fans will give you a chance.  :fail:

I mean thats what happens when you try to pass yourself off as Rap when your really Pop.

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

SweetEscape

I agree with her, and people need to stop attacking her all the time. Hope she wins a Grammy tbh.

She didn't respond to **** as per usual.

"We went from nuttin to suttin," still cracks me the **** up every time I have the misfortune of hearing that song she released with dollar store Rihanna.

Willy Wonka

Oh yeah ofc. When Gaga fakes her accents is okay or singing in "German" when it's not even real German. Not even 2 words are German. That is what I call rude. She didn't even bother to sing in German. And don't come at me with that gibberish mix. She should have say I don't speak gibberish but I can if you like.

If you wanna use our language ,then do it at least right :madge:

Exactly. So Gaga please stop with ur fake Accents and rape of foreign languages.

Once again, nothing I said in my original post about authenticity is applicable to Gaga, because I was speaking about the hip-hop community. But you're totally justified in your opinion about Gaga's "German".

She's incredible that she constantly deflects and never actually addresses the valid points made in criticisms.

Honestly, I hope people keep discussing her. She makes herself look worse every time she tries to respond. She doesn't get it and doesn't seem to be understanding the basis of the criticism at all.

+10

I find it kind of amazing that she has somehow managed to avoid directly addressing criticism for so long. She just doesn't understand.

She's incredible that she constantly deflects and never actually addresses the valid points made in criticisms.

Honestly, I hope people keep discussing her. She makes herself look worse every time she tries to respond. She doesn't get it and doesn't seem to be understanding the basis of the criticism at all.

ItsTommyBitch

This... which is pretty darn unfortunate, shes had so many chances to clear up things, but shes so stuck in this "haters gonna hate" realm that she cant look through her criticisms and see which ones have any basis to them. I understand why shes like that, a lot of people are turning the discussion of cultural appropriation into one that's directed at her as if shes the source of all modern instances of  (shes more of a product of a culture that created her...) but its not going to improve her image with people if she keeps this up. 

It kind of makes me shake my head, because she typically does have a level head on most of the time :smh:

Maybe she will come around eventually.

As for me, I just want her next album to have some actual context to it other than generic rap braggadocio... The New Classic has very little emotion on it other than in songs like Work, I Don't Need Yall, Walk the line, Impossible is nothing, and 2/4 of those are basically reiterations of the same feeling :air:

Inb4 she "writes" about people talking about her accent in ha next album and makes things even worse.

P.S, she clearly doesnt deserve a grammy for her album, but I do think Fancy was one of the more impressive singles of 2014 and deserves one... it's impact was undeniable, and I still bop to it. It's kind of a quintessential pop-rap song in my mind with its simplicity, which -- while not a display of high level "artistry" is still something worth noting imo.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived