💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea responds to Jill Scott and Eve's "Blaccent" stereotype

Remus

Featured Posts

Good ****ing lord I'm tired of people talking negatively about her. I'm not a huge fan but it's one article after the other. Get the **** over it. 

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

Good ****ing lord I'm tired of people talking negatively about her. I'm not a huge fan but it's one article after the other. Get the **** over it. 

Yeah I'm over it too. Iggy hate is stale and belongs in 2014. :madge:

Cody Draco

Its funny how Azealia´s fans take any opportunity to call me out for hating on her (even when I stopped visiting any thread which would slightly deal with her a long time ago) but still they infest Iggy´s threads where they find any reason to be offended even on the least offensive statement she has ever done.

iCCCKnMZ6Lrae.gif

I'm an Azealia fan but you can love me boo. :hor:

I'm over this Iggy hate train, it's so 2014.

iCCCKnMZ6Lrae.gif

If she actually spit hot raps, Hip-Hop fans would probably take to her. Hell, I would. But given all of her past tweets, I'm the victim!!1 persona, cut the BS accent, and mediocre music that can't even save her from being apart of the Rap discussion, nothing is going to change. Yes, it's catchy and fun to dance to, I can admit that, but she can't possibly position herself as this serious rapper who allegedly sparked change in Hip-Hop with songs like Fancy. A lot more work has to be done before she can even be considered.

Hopefully her next effort proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. :dies:

It's Ms Banks that's always playing the victim - Iggy tries to be positive.

She only claimed to change hip hop by pioneering as a successful white female.

Nicki and Eminen can really rap, but there are still people that disrespect one for their gender and the other for being white.

She still is avoiding responding to the wider context of the issue of cultural appropriation.

Anyway her phony accent is one of the most irritating noises I have heard. 

So a black accent is irritating?

I wonder if the black people who complain at some level feel a lack of self-esteem along those lines, and assume any imitation is a form of mockery?

Here is Nicki doing  a fake British accent on stage in the UK, and everyone is cool with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_f4vXJ9OI0

It's Ms Banks that's always playing the victim - Iggy tries to be positive.

She only claimed to change hip hop by pioneering as a successful white female.

Nicki and Eminen can really rap, but there are still people that disrespect one for their gender and the other for being white.

But we aren't talking about Banks? Because we all know she has her faults and we can go on and on about that, but one thing Azealia was dead on about is Iggy's placement in Hip-Hop. 

Azealia aside, with all the valid criticism people bring up to Iggy, she tries to turn the tables with this whole woe, is me logic without ever taking into consideration why a lot of Black and Hip-Hop fans in general dislike her. It's beating a dead horse. You know majority of Hip-Hop fans dislike you, so shut up talking about them, go in the studio and make a fire ass album, and prove them wrong. Until then... Nobody in this genre is going to take you seriously if you get too sensitive over jabs being thrown. That's what the genre is. You rap, you get criticized, you fight back with bomb lyrics. 

Nicki gets disrespected more because she's an female MC who's better than a lot of these male rappers, so they're obviously threatened because she's good. Eminem has been regarded as the best modern rapper, rightfully so. He's good, and being white and having insane lyrics put him on the map, but Iggy is criticized for plenty of things... which includes saying questionable things regarding race. (And her being white truly doesn't help the fact she's trying to be in a Black dominated genre) If she were an actual MC, Hip-Hop fans would take well to her. 

That's what made Female MCs from the Golden-Age so good. They were a force and took no prisoners, cause they were good. They weren't given a fluffy pillow, so she def won't get one.

And I hope all my young fans take what I'm saying and remember it if you ever find yourself in similar shoes.

Be as complex and multidimensional and interesting as you possibly can."

I see that as her drawing a positive lesson for her actual fans.

As a white, female, non-American, she did defy stereotypes. Doesn't matter if she is a will.i.am type pop rapper - having any sort of rap career in is a huge achievement from where she came from. Let's face it, if she was to do serious lyrical raps, it would be damn hard to be taken seriously.

You're trying to stereotype her that she has to do that or should because the stereotype is that other rappers do too.

Gaga searches herself too and responds. If Gaga doesn't need to write music about it, Iggy doesn't either. She doesn't need to be stereotyped and waste her songs on hating on the haters.

LOL did you just stereotype Iggy that she does not have to do that or should not because the stereotype is that other pop stars don't too?

OP: Don't think there is much to discuss about blaccent being original or unoriginal. It really has no significance. And it's like Iggy is condemning anyone who expects her to speak like a white woman. If it's really the real her then we are definitely comfortable, but the case is she is affecting the accent. In fact, some may say she is just being racist. There's two side of a story, and hers is just less credible.

Rat Boy

So a black accent is irritating?

I wonder if the black people who complain at some level feel a lack of self-esteem along those lines, and assume any imitation is a form of mockery?

Here is Nicki doing  a fake British accent on stage in the UK, and everyone is cool with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_f4vXJ9OI0

No, someone making a poor attempt at trying to be someone they are not is irritating. It's very much like viewing a movie with a bad actor. It is cringe worthy and unpleasant to watch. Nicki does it here and there. Azealea does us throughout her entire discography. If you read my previous post properly I said her phony accent was irritating.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

I'm an Azealia fan but you can love me boo. :hor:

I'm over this Iggy hate train, it's so 2014.

iCCCKnMZ6Lrae.gif

I like you booo. Yes Im over it as well. Im suprised some people are still trying it here.

iCCCKnMZ6Lrae.gif

In fact, some may say she is just being racist.

Others would accuse her critics of being racist.

I bet plenty of rappers affect "street" accents and manners of speaking. Kanye's mother was a university professor, yet he often raps like he's from a quite different social background. Because rap is supposed to sound street, right?

Entertainers and singers affect all kinds of accents and voices, and Iggy's critics are being arbitrary unless they want to invoke a "black voice" rule a--logues to "black face" prohibition.

And it's like Iggy is condemning anyone who expects her to speak like a white woman. If it's really the real her then we are definitely comfortable, but the case is she is affecting the accent.

She acknowledges she is doing an accent.

If she wanted to change herself into a man and be transgender or a drag king, we'd be expected to RESPECT that. Changing gender is fine, but trying on another accent is bad and "inauthentic"?  

Iggy hate is stale and belongs in 2014. :madge:

Princess Die
But if they straight male doesn't normally speak in an effeminate tone and all of a sudden does so to appeal to a certain community or demographic then that's inauthentic no?
Of course. However when did she say she was trying to appeal exclusively to the black community tho? I was under the impression that most of her fans were white gay bottoms.
Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

SissyFromSpace

She's incredible that she constantly deflects and never actually addresses the valid points made in criticisms.

Honestly, I hope people keep discussing her. She makes herself look worse every time she tries to respond. She doesn't get it and doesn't seem to be understanding the basis of the criticism at all.

omg...so obsessed111!!!!

Its funny how Azealia´s fans take any opportunity to call me out for hating on her (even when I stopped visiting any thread which would slightly deal with her a long time ago) but still they infest Iggy´s threads where they find any reason to be offended even on the least offensive statement she has ever done.

iCCCKnMZ6Lrae.gif

+10000 :rip:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Archived