💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea responds to Jill Scott and Eve's "Blaccent" stereotype

Remus

Featured Posts

FameHungry

Good ****ing lord I'm tired of people talking negatively about her. I'm not a huge fan but it's one article after the other. Get the **** over it. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pity Party

Good ****ing lord I'm tired of people talking negatively about her. I'm not a huge fan but it's one article after the other. Get the **** over it. 

I agree with her, they keep telling her stop faking an accident, you're Australian, you look like...., you dress like......, they wanna stereotype her.

Rat Boy

She is still avoiding responding to the wider context of the issue of cultural appropriation.

Anyway her phony accent is one of the most irritating noises I have heard. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Princess Die

I guess it's cool to hate Iggy now. Honestly if they are gettimg mad at Iggy for putting on a black accent then I should punch every straight boy that talks effeminately because they are borrowing an attribute commonly associated with gay men. A whole lotta bruised knuckles and crying.

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

ehhhhh. Authenticity is crucial in the hip-hop community. She came in as a white girl from Australia who takes on the stereotypical southern black person when she raps. Theres no physiological or linguistic reason that that would occur. It's a conscious choice on her part, and it's inauthentic to who she is. That doesn't go over well in the hip-hop community, especially when it intersects with race relations.

Are you really coming for her changing accents when Gaga herself can never fully devote to one single accent whenever she's interviewed  :coffee: Especially when gaga has concerts in other countries, you can't deny her fake accents when she interacts with the crowd. 

I guess it's cool to hate Iggy now. Honestly if they are gettimg mad at Iggy for putting on a black accent then I should punch every straight boy that talks effeminately because they are borrowing an attribute commonly associated with gay men. A whole lotta bruised knuckles and crying.

But if they straight male doesn't normally speak in an effeminate tone and all of a sudden does so to appeal to a certain community or demographic then that's inauthentic no?

Tove Lo

For all the heat she's getting and all the time she's spending "defending herself", her next record be fire... and I'm talking Hardcore Kim fire.

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself, but if you're apart of Hip-Hop as a rapper, you truly need to detach your feelings from critics and fans who dislike you and constantly talk bad about you and bring it in the studio with your music. Apparently she doesn't understand that yet. Until then... it's going to be a crying game every single time she talks. Girl, you RAP, people will be coming for you every moment they can. Hip-Hop relies on "beefs" and "criticalness," that's what makes it so interesting. There's no fluffy pillow guaranteed for you... Ignore it and make better music, and maybe Rap fans will give you a chance.  :fail:

This is exactly what she is talking about. Don't try to stereotype her. :fail:

hop on that **** like a maniac

Umm she never mention anything about the "blaccent" she puts on.

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

She still is avoiding responding to the wider context of the issue of cultural appropriation.

Anyway her phony accent is one of the most irritating noises I have heard. 

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

this 

This is exactly what she is talking about. Don't try to stereotype her. :fail:

How am I stereotyping her though? Is it not true that she takes to twitter (and any other media source) every time she's criticized by someone? Is it not true that she types her name in on twitter responding to people who don't even '@' her? I'm saying, if she spent all that time translating the negative energy people give her in the studio, maybe she could create quality rap songs that would make Hip-hop fans be like "hmmmm maybe we were wrong." Don't try to call yourself the realest when you can't even handle things under pressure.

You are on a roll today trying to get me together, just won't work tho. :dies:

Pure Adrenaline

but she is neither complex or multidimensional or whatever, that's just her egocentric and selfish thinking :oops:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Tove Lo

How am I stereotyping her though? Is it not true that she takes to twitter (and any other media source) every time she's criticized by someone? Is it not true that she types her name in on twitter responding to people who don't even '@' her? I'm saying, if she spent all that time translating the negative energy people give her in the studio, maybe she could create quality rap songs that would make Hip-hop fans be like "hmmmm maybe we were wrong." Don't try to call yourself the realest when you can't even handle things under pressure.

You are on a roll today trying to get me together, just won't work tho. :dies:

You're trying to stereotype her that she has to do that or should because the stereotype is that other rappers do too.

Gaga searches herself too and responds. If Gaga doesn't need to write music about it, Iggy doesn't either. She doesn't need to be stereotyped and waste her songs on hating on the haters.

hop on that **** like a maniac

You're trying to stereotype her that she has to do that or should because the stereotype is that other rappers do too.

Gaga searches herself too and responds. If Gaga doesn't need to write music about it, Iggy doesn't either. She doesn't need to be stereotyped and waste her songs on hating on the haters.

LMAO. Do you honestly think Hip-Hop fans are going to care about her defending herself? Rap fans don't even care when the greatest of all rappers defend themselves. They care about the music and how said person is going to retaliate with another song. This isn't the pop scene, although many of her fans think it is. The genre is suppose to be rough, you're suppose to battle it out. That's what makes it so entertaining and fun. Nobody's gonna give a **** if you're a rapper crying over criticism. They're gonna joke on you even more. Next time, look up the definition of stereotype, pleeeeeease.

*Also, did I say Iggy should write about her critics? I said if she spent less time trying to play victim, and ignored her criticism, and went hard on a track and made people realize she isn't just a pop rapper, maybe they would actually take to her better. 

You're trolling hard homey :lmao:

Archived