Featured Posts

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

What's the next FROOT?

The two songs left that are FROOTS are 'Forget' and 'Gold' 

blacklistedd

Ahh Marina's voice is so gorgeous!  :giveup: I'm interested to see how this will do on the radio!

I doubt it'll affect radio too much, the DJ's don't even try with her music. I remember hearing Primadonna like twice.

InGagzWeTrust

I love her and even though I like those tracks she released I think they are kinda weak production-wise, She can do better honestly :(  

looks like ill be loving this album when it comes out 

im not overplaying her singles now so theyll sound fresh when the album drops 

I know a lot of people were fans of her last album, but this new stuff completely sh*ts on that mess :awkney: She sounds much more mature, sophisticated, and low key.

I know a lot of people were fans of her last album, but this new stuff completely sh*ts on that mess :awkney: She sounds much more mature, sophisticated, and low key.

Electra Heart was a masterpiece conceptually and sonically. Marina may have matured as a human being but her songwriting is still wonderful as usual. One of the points of EH was the presentation of the emotions felt in love reflected through four archetypes intended to be the physical embodiments/exaggerations of these traits. I think the music was brilliant and matched quite well with the concept. Her sugary sweet, egotistical persona was matched with pure, confident pop, and her depressed, emotionally destructive foil was paired with more dramatic sounds and aesthetics. The album was very well interwoven and mature, just as much as Froot is shaping up to be. Marina has always been about expressing her own emotions in their rawest and most creative form and this comes through in all her albums. She was able to express the many sides of herself in love by attributing each song on EH to a particular identity, all of which were the accentuated emotions that a person can feel when they are intensely romantically involved.

Marina wasn't just being a "herp derp I'mma confident beauty queen love me" pop star on Electra Heart, she was accentuating and, in a way, satirizing that attitude by making each emotion into a persona that epitomized it in extreme ways. That takes a lot of genius.

Pity Party

I agree, Electra Heart is so overrated on this forum

Archived