💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Government spend $423k studying the 'arousal' of Gay men on Grindr'

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

The government has spent nearly half a million dollars studying gay hook-up apps such as Grindr.

Columbia University was gifted $432,000 from The National Institutes of Health (NIH) to interview gay men about their use of GPS apps which tell the exact distance the user is from potential romantic partner.

'The overall study goal is to understand how s-xual risk behaviours among men seeking men (MSM) may be facilitated by the nature of GPS-enabled smartphone applications, the way they are used, and the process by which s-xual partnering occurs via smartphone applications,' reads the project description.

The app both studied the s-xual arousal of men on GPS Apps such as Grindr and 'how and why smartphone applications are used for s-xual partnering.'

The study aims to determine how men communicate and present themselves on the site and also measures their 'emotional states and impulsivity.'

The project also looked at 'smartphone-based s-xual risk intervention.'

Since the Grindr app was created in 2009 it is the 'most popular all-male location-based social network out there,' according to the website.

24F429D800000578-0-image-a-1_14219471485

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2922065/Government-spent-432-000-studying-arousal-gay-men-using-Grindr.html#comments

Off topic: That picture is so misleading. There are no Gay men in my area that look like that :manicure:

In my messy era.

Jonna Lee

In mine there are mLUudXN.jpg

where do you live mLUudXN.jpg

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

SissyFromSpace

hopefully they're for grindr and not against it...

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Jesse Pinkman

lmao like the guys actually look like that. Try old, creepy married guys with a few stuck up twinks and you have an accurate ad.

It's science, bitch

SlaeUrAnus

lmao like the guys actually look like that. Try old, creepy married guys with a few stuck up twinks and you have an accurate ad.

:creepflop:  :creepflop:

In my messy era.

HighwayGuy

How would they study it though? Would they pretend to be a gay man on it?  :flop:

I understand why they might be studying it though in terms of s-xual health, it can have its risks as I have learned from experience

MJHolland

This is probably misleading. I can almost guarantee the money was given to the university as a grant, like almost all research money (especially when given to a university) and that means the university can assign the money to any research they choose.

I highly doubt $423k was spent just on this Grindr project. Most likely that is the total amount of money given to the university to research topics dealing with s-xual transmitted disease/s-xual health/gay health problems. The government most certainly did not allot that specific amount of money for specifically Grindr lol...

This

Life is so depressing *cries hysterically*

MJHolland

How would they study it though? Would they pretend to be a gay man on it?  :flop:

I understand why they might be studying it though in terms of s-xual health, it can have its risks as I have learned from experience

surveying, like it said. 

Gagaloo911

hopefully they're for grindr and not against it...

it's for purely research purposes and understanding gay men and their s-xual habits. It doesn't have anything to do with being for or against it, just knowledge and understanding.

aaronyoji

they shouldve researched the inherent racism and internal homophobia and lack of social skills tbh.... 

Archived