💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Would you prefer professional directors for LG6's Music Videos?

boobtank

79 members have voted

1. 1. Professional directors for LG6 Music Videos?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

boobtank

No. 

I think G.U.Y. & MTN are some of her best works. & Applause is just :legend:

Applause was directed by Inez and Vindooh 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, for some reason she and any other amateurs who film the videos just never get the lighting and the editing, and angles right. Look back at Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, and others and you see the lighting doesn't look cheap, it doesn't have that "we're on a set" feel, the editing is flawless and everything flows. Gaga almost got it right with MTN and GUY but she always OVER-edits and makes the video a mess. "Her way" is obviously the messy way, but she's gonna do what she's gonna do.

Supersonic

Not really, Marry The Night and G.U.Y. had great cinematography, and they were directed and edited by Gaga. Accolades don't define the greatness or the quality of the work. Just look at how much praise Bad Romance is given even though the editor put some choreography in the wrong timeframe (which is a mistake a non-interested intern would do) or how Telephone misspelled the German word for "one" in that countdown, or how Beyoncé lurks down her lap to the script sometime in the car scene. I can't bear watching things like that. Because other people are just not as passionate about her video as she is herself.

monketsharona

Even if G.U.Y. is very good, yes I would be here for professional directors !

And please no short movie next.. We all know that streaming is very important for Billboard, and short movies don't get a lot of views... 

Applause was directed by Inez and Vindooh 

Yes, but I do feel like Gaga was really involved in that project in particular. It was a smaller team of people working on it. 

Yes totally please.

I love Gaga, but not as music video director, the difference is huge in my opinion with videos directed by professionists, I hope she will rework with new directors like she did with Inez and V for Applause but also with the legendary old ones like Jonas Akerlund and Francis Lawrence. 

Supersonic

Even if G.U.Y. is very good, yes I would be here for professional directors !

And please no short movie next.. We all know that streaming is very important for Billboard, and short movies don't get a lot of views... 

So you care more for the chart positions than the art itself? Gurl, you stan for the wrong pop star

Yes of course !!

I mean the G.U.Y. video is fabulous and one of her best videos, but even then there are some messy parts that could have been better imo, like the housewives sitting around randomly playing instruments was.................awkward

If she could find a professional director that will work with her to help her show her ideas yet make it as clean as possible that would be great.

Archived