💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio the reason GUY did not succeed

Quark

Featured Posts

Stephen

LoveGame isn't about bottoming though? Not to mention it's catchy as hell. GUY is about bottoming and the lyrics are really messy, not to mention the non-chorus. It's just not a song that a non-Gaga fan would ever listen to.

obv its catchy. if you don't like it thats one thing but ive gotten tons of my friends into the song. and other songs from the album. 

believe what you want.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga

obv its catchy. if you don't like it thats one thing but ive gotten tons of my friends into the song. and other songs from the album. 

believe what you want.

It never entered the top 100 on itunes though, even when the video came out and it was getting a bit of promo, it sold like 30k total. That means people didn't respond to it.

I think the 3rd single would have performed poorly no matter what but Gypsy or even Venus would have done way better at least.

Stephen

It never entered the top 100 on itunes though, even when the video came out and it was getting a bit of promo, it sold like 30k total. That means people didn't respond to it.

i adamantly believe it's due to not enough promotion.

XoXoJoanneGaga

i adamantly believe it's due to not enough promotion.

Eh, some songs just don't have that hit quality. Gypsy always responded really well to promo and it got higher than GUY on itunes with way less of it, that's the sign of a potential hit.

Poope MOnster

because its not the good choice for the single from the first place n non good hook 
but this fanbase seem to love it so.. gaga give it to us as a gift 

look at "artrave" everysong seem to shine but G.U.Y not memorable at all

Ps.Gypsy its catchy song that have lovely lyrics beautiful melodies and chorus n good hook too

look how gypsy work when it streaming on artrave its really easy to connect with people .. and that is the answer

A) It wasn't the best choice on the album, and B) no matter what she would've released, it would have flopped. It had been 5 months since she released Do What U Want. There was no hope. Even Gypsy wouldn't have done as well as it deserved to if it had been a single.

geopang

it would have done much better. Not saying that it is a better song, but it was crafted for radio.

GUY is about power bottoming... POWER BOTTOMING! I don't think you could have a less GP-friendly song than POWER BOTTOMING..... POWER F*CKING BOTTOMING!

Yes it does sounds like a traditional Gaga song (a la Bad Romance, Judas, etc) but the theme makes it SUPER unfriendly to general audiences.

It's about POWER BOTTOMING. Am I repeating myself enough in this thread? POWER BOTTOMING!

The theme isn't the issue. The song is about a female knowing she is in control even when she isn't on top, both physically, s-xually, and in life situations. No one cares what the theme is though, i can guarantee that. Because in this day and age, a song about a f-cking d*ck, Anaconda, can get praise and be on the top of the charts. People were just absolutely not here for Gaga. And it is sad, because even some of her fans abandoned her because she "wasn't succesful." It just wasn't a good time for her.

The theme isn't the issue. The song is about a female knowing she is in control even when she isn't on top, both physically, s-xually, and in life situations. No one cares what the theme is though, i can guarantee that. Because in this day and age, a song about a f-cking d*ck, Anaconda, can get praise and be on the top of the charts. People were just absolutely not here for Gaga. And it is sad, because even some of her fans abandoned her because she "wasn't succesful." It just wasn't a good time for her.

I think the media just decided that everything about ARTPOP was a "flop" after Gaga did not have her previous level of success.

Paper Gangsta

I don't understand people saying GUY wasn't a "radio song" when it was probably the most traditional "Gaga" sounding song on the entire album.

Um It was on radio and gained like 10m AI but callout scores (from audience) were horrible, so radio stopped playing it

geopang

I think the media just decided that everything about ARTPOP was a "flop" after Gaga did not have her previous level of success.

Sadly that was the case. :/ and it was not deserved, as ARTPOP was a great album in my eyes.

its a terrible single. its about power bottoming. it has a "chorus" that has no chance of catching on, its literally her spelling a word 3 times. anyone that thinks that single shouldn't have flopped is horribly mistaken, she's lucky it charted as high as it did.

I agree with this.

Gypsy should've been released instead, GUY is not a timeless song... just a forgettable trashy song about s-x

gagzus

If she'd hve promoted it more it, and internationally it could've been successful tbh

it would have done much better. Not saying that it is a better song, but it was crafted for radio.

GUY is about power bottoming... POWER BOTTOMING! I don't think you could have a less GP-friendly song than POWER BOTTOMING..... POWER F*CKING BOTTOMING!

Yes it does sounds like a traditional Gaga song (a la Bad Romance, Judas, etc) but the theme makes it SUPER unfriendly to general audiences.

It's about POWER BOTTOMING. Am I repeating myself enough in this thread? POWER BOTTOMING!

The song wasn't written as a power bottom song nor was it's original intention, the gays just made it so; it's about submitting to a man and still feeling powerful with a hint of not needing to be a mainstream success to know ur worth as an artist an woman (although the latter only kinda became apparent after the video)

Ergo: it's a song about reverse feminism

Gypsy, Venus and Sexxx Dreams were all much better choices.

But it really came down to releasing the video a month and a half before the radio date and absolutely no promo. It could have easily been a top 30 modest hit. I'm just surprised she never performed it on tv.

BYE

Archived