💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: ARTPOP was her critically and commercially worst album

Yanko

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

1. Mentioning ARTPOP as her worst commerially performing album wasn't needed.

2. "Old Gaga" ??? I personally want Gaga NOW but with RedOne. They create magic.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans' comments about wanting the old Gaga back are stupid. Her sound was always changing and was definitely getting better from album to album. Then ARTPOP happened

It's not as terrible as an album as ppl made it out to be. It was just a basic, yet good album. Just not memorable. Either way I feel the audience would still criticize Gaga if she went back to Her own ways..: she just can't win

1. Mentioning ARTPOP as her worst commerially performing album wasn't needed.

2. "Old Gaga" ??? I personally want Gaga NOW but with RedOne. They create magic.

Don't worry that is what you will get

I actually think Gaga is too forward thinking sometimes, but yeah, she will definitely try to do something new, but something that is up to par with her legacy prior to ARTPOP

XoXoJoanneGaga

Because RedOne represents Gaga from the past when she was still doing music for the GP and which was slaying radios...

ARTPOP and CTC are absolutely not aimed for radios and the GP can hardly love it...

lol, every song on ARTPOP was designed for the radio

artpopmess

It's not as terrible as an album as ppl made it out to be. It was just a basic, yet good album. Just not memorable. Either way I feel the audience would still criticize Gaga if she went back to Her own ways..: she just can't win

It wouldn't be a bad thing going back bc I believe she changed her sound way to quickly. Radio wasn't ready to let go of The Fame sound and how her vocals were back then but the Fame Monster was so good that it didn't matter. Look at Katy she still does the same thing since TD bc that's what worked and now that her last two singles flopped she might go a different direction. I'm not saying this is the best way to go as an artist but it is for a pop singer obsessed with chart success

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

monketsharona

lol, every song on ARTPOP was designed for the radio

Honestly I'm pretty sure the GP would turn the sound down if Swine is on radio... No shade here, I love ARTPOP, but the sounds and lyrics are to hard to understand by the GP (hence the very bad criticisms, no Awards, the fact press call it a flop and so on.. The music on this album is not understood but people from the GP)

XoXoJoanneGaga

Honestly I'm pretty sure the GP would turn the sound down if Swine is on radio... No shade here, I love ARTPOP, but the sounds and lyrics are to hard to understand by the GP (hence the very bad criticisms, no Awards, the fact press call it a flop and so on.. The music on this album is not understood but people from the GP)

The album is way more GP friendly than BTW. Most of it sounds very similar to The Fame actually, especially DWUW, Applause, MANiCURE, ARTPOP, G.U.Y., Venus, Donatella, Fashion!, etc... 

Outside of Swine and Aura it isn't remotely experimental or hard to get.

Psychedelic

The album is way more GP friendly than BTW. Most of it sounds very similar to The Fame actually, especially DWUW, Applause, MANiCURE, ARTPOP, G.U.Y., Venus, Donatella, Fashion!, etc... 

Outside of Swine and Aura it isn't remotely experimental or hard to get.

mte

I was going to quote him, but you just literally took the words out of my mouth :air:

It wouldn't be a bad thing going back bc I believe she changed her sound way to quickly. Radio wasn't ready to let go of The Fame sound and how her vocals were back then but the Fame Monster was so good that it didn't matter. Look at Katy she still does the same thing since TD bc that's what worked and now that her last two singles flopped she might go a different direction. I'm not saying this is the best way to go as an artist but it is for a pop singer obsessed with chart success

True, that's why I and many others are led to to believe, ARTPOP would have performed lot better if it was released before BTW, and prolly BTW itself would've done better than it did in reality, in that order!

darkchylde

Well, I don't want "old Gaga". We've had "old Gaga". She better bring in a new sound.

Archived