💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's art

MaybeKermit

Featured Posts

MaybeKermit

art is objective u can't say something is more art than other thing as different person could contradict you and will be as right as you

if Gaga's art was too commercial she would have videos with 700m views which are 4min long in which she is painting animals' nails instead she have videos that are 7 to 13 minutes long and include dozens of art culture references :shrug:

true, and I have no problem with it, just wanted to know if there were other people who thought it too

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Of course she's way more commercial, she has a huge following and has to appeal to the GP as well

While FKA twigs isn't so much across all the people

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

MaybeKermit

lol I like this thread. It's actually true that she's way more commercial than her fans often seem to think.

I'd love for Gaga to delve more into the artsy route because she really made her platform now. I always thought her pop stuff (which doesn't mean it can't be genius - her first album is still the most genius she's ever done imo) was just a ladder step towards an underground experience with a global audience but..

That doesn't seem to happen :lollipop:

it's sth ive been noticing lately... i'd have no problem with her leaving the 'pop scene' and going back to her bars etc... i just think Gaga herself cant go back anymore, even if she says she can...

She always has been commercial, this is why it annoys me when fans act like she's groundbreaking. Don't get me wrong, she's the most interesting pop star we've seen in a long time, but she hasn't done anything truly experimental imo. And there's nothing wrong with that! She's pushing the boundaries in pop on a mainstream level, and I think that's her goal.

MaybeKermit

true, I think a lot of what she wanted to do for ARTPOP was not allowed through her management, I mean just look at DWUW and what happened to the Venus music video

think of the potential of these, this screams ARTPOP to me

artpop2_zps3b271e6b.jpg

BjdNop8CIAAh-f2.jpg

(I think she wanted to do more with this)

MonsterOfSpain

Gaga has always been inbetween. She's not a commercial boring twat, but she ain't no Björk either.

And that's exactly why she's my fave

MaybeKermit
She always has been commercial, this is why it annoys me when fans act like she's groundbreaking. Don't get me wrong, she's the most interesting pop star we've seen in a long time, but she hasn't done anything truly experimental imo. And there's nothing wrong with that! She's pushing the boundaries in pop on a mainstream level, and I think that's her goal.
this! I always thought she was groundbreaking, but when I started to listem to all kinds of genres i realized that indeed she wasnt that groundbreaking... she still slays tho

I love how she is a hybrid, it keeps it fresh and original while still having qualities that make her so addicting. 

TimisaMonster

Gagas a POP star...those twigs are indie

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

13VictorC

I love how she is a hybrid, it keeps it fresh and original while still having qualities that make her so addicting. 

Gaga has always tried to walk the line between ART and POP. It's one of my favorite quality of hers.

Interestingly, she is neither and both at the same time.

Vernier

Yes, because despite what her fans like to think, she's still a pop star and her aim is still commercial success at the end :emma:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

I feel myself and this is something I've felt for a long time, that the most basic and least artistic part of Gaga is the music itself. She's always using the same song structure only occasionally branching out and they tend to be about the same subjects(Sex, Fashion, Drugs, and that one emotional song near the end). The performances, photo-shoots, tours, fashion, covers tend to ambitious, high-concept and enigmatic but it's all led by pretty basic songs that aren't often connected to the visuals and sometimes not even connected at all. Do the lyrics of Telephone warrant a 7 minute music video? I can see how songs like Thriller or Like a Prayer can warrant epic music videos because the songs have such heavy, identifiable concepts. Now not every music video, performance, or imagery has to connect with the lyrical story or theme of the song itself to be good, but when the connection is so ridiculously loose and non-existent eventually I'm kind of like wtf?(You and I, Alejandro, Born This Way, G.U.Y., etc.). I feel whatever Gaga had in mind for Venus would've been great as the imagery was following from the content of the music itself as opposed to coming from somewhere else. She's had great examples of the music and visuals being connected to each other in other music videos(Marry The Night, Applause, Judas, and Paparazzi) but sometimes it's so disconnected when she tries to turn a simple pop song into some 10 minute Kubrick-esque vision.

MaybeKermit

The fact that FKA moves weirdly, doesn't make her more artistic.. Art is art
uhm I suggest you watch her videos and listen to her music :awkney:

I feel myself and this is something I've felt for a long time, that the most basic and least artistic part of Gaga is the music itself. She's always using the same song structure only occasionally branching out and they tend to be about the same subjects(Sex, Fashion, Drugs, and that one emotional song near the end). The performances, photo-shoots, tours, fashion, covers tend to ambitious, high-concept and enigmatic but it's all led by pretty basic songs that aren't often connected to the visuals and sometimes not even connected at all. Do the lyrics of Telephone warrant a 7 minute music video? I can see how songs like Thriller or Like a Prayer can warrant epic music videos because the songs have such heavy, identifiable concepts. Now not every music video, performance, or imagery has to connect with the lyrical story or theme of the song itself to be good, but when the connection is so ridiculously loose and non-existent eventually I'm kind of like wtf?(You and I, Alejandro, Born This Way, G.U.Y., etc.). I feel whatever Gaga had in mind for Venus would've been great as the imagery was following from the content of the music itself as opposed to coming from somewhere else. She's had great examples of the music and visuals being connected to each other in other music videos(Marry The Night, Applause, Judas, and Paparazzi) but sometimes it's so disconnected when she tries to turn a simple pop song into some 10 minute Kubrick-esque vision.

this.....

holy scheisse

i like gagas art. im confused about this new generation of music like fka twiggs. it doesnt sound like better music, yet its got that appeal factor, and made all older musicians work (like gagas) sound dated and, well, old.

also ever since lorde theres been this pop cultural rejection of traditional popstars imo. for the most part they all be struggling since royals

Archived