Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

I hate how ARTPOP sounds

Rome

Featured Posts

HighwayFantasy

I can relate to your feelings. With ARTPOP i don't feel the "Gaga Mojo" she have on her other albums. When i listen to Highway Unicorn or Heavy Metal Lover, everything around me disappears and i am living the music :monsterpaw:

...you see, ARTPOP feels indeed soul-less to me even though i know Gaga put a lot of her feelings in the songs like Swine and DWUW. Its just that i don't like the music... But i wanna love it so much but it aint gonna work  :ohno:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARTPOP is a sensational and emotional chaos of sound, music, painful saddness and euphoria at the same time.. How the holy f*ck you dare to call it 'soulless'?! lol :bye:

So Donatella, Jewels N' Drugs, Fashion, Sex Dreams or MANiCURE have some serious profound lyrics? Right?

Here is a clue for the answer:

no.gif

androiduser

Artopop doesn't soun like anything specific because it's all sorts of differenty styles and sounds

It literally has no theme, musucally or lyrically

in ARTPOP gaga shares her thought trought trivial metaphors she's talking about her passions, fears & pain if you are saying it soulless is because you are influnced by the people are saying because if you are looking a little bit more into it you'll see.

I think your view is just a consequence of Gaga trying to give anything and everything a deeper meaning.

Sometimes trivial things are just trivial, and nothing more.

LeoFameMonster

Gaga's musical acid  :smh:

We were tryna hit it and quit it but lady gaga so #DOPE we messed around and got addicted  :derpga:  :derpga:  :derpga:

haha I love it!!!

Her music is like acid, I mean those CD's are Hot as hell when I take them out of the car..... repeat, rewind and play. Only record that didn't get the acid treatment was C2C but I played the hell out of Bang Bang.   New word for stanning "acid Treatment"

Swan Heart

So Donatella, Jewels N' Drugs, Fashion, Sex Dreams or MANiCURE have some serious profound lyrics? Right?

Here is a clue for the answer:

no.gif

The first few listens I thought the same but ARTPOP is far more then it seems. I'm talking about songs like , "Aura", "Venus", "ARTPOP", "Swine", "Mary Jane Holland", "Gypsy" AND "Sexxx Dreams". I thing these songs are actually pretty complex and it's hard to understand the whole raw emotion that Gaga poured in AP. Plus the production and the beat bring a lot and they are defenetly not random ( Swine, for example).. It took me a long to realise this. It's OK to not like the album, I guess, but it's kinda silly to say it's 'soulless'. Plus - The lyrics doesn't need to sound 'serious' and 'profound' to mean something... Ugh, I suck at explaining this things in English.. But you have to feel it, not understand it, anyway.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

I love ARTPOP and it's criminally underrated due to it's sales which is the most frustrating part.

Although none of them feel like typical 'Gaga' songs, I love all of them. I love every track still to this day.

Born This Way had great highs, and I adore the album, but it's quite heavy to listen to. ARTPOP is so much easier, lighter.

It's general knowledge that The Fame is Gaga's worst album anyway...

:thetea: 

Born To Slay

I'm listening to ARTPOP since 3rd November 2013 almost every day  :hor:  Catchy tunes, s-xy lyrics, fresh beats :hor:  EDM masterpiece  :wub:

Exactly how I feel about the album. Your words have summed up how I feel about the album perfectly.

Poope MOnster

except two song dwuw and dope it still touch me

i kinda feel like you but not "à¹â€°hate" just dont listen to it anymore it kinda boring for me now

and if count how many i repeat listen to it as whole album 

btw > tfm > ARTPOP > tf

mood of born this way so bad ass i listen from first track to the last track while i clean my house 

dancing around repeat it over and over again 

I like the way it sounds and I can respect it and know that its quality gaga music that's better than what anybody else could do with electronic type music, but I don't even listen to it. I think its a huge step back from born this way and it just feels kind of cheap and pointless. I do really like a few songs like swine, MANiCURE, mary jane holland and dope. its a great album, but I just thought it would be way better. I like the beats but I just thought she was going to bring a little more to the table lyrically. I don't know what happened behind the scenes with her manager and interscope and everything, but it don't really matter. all that matters is what the album is like when it comes out, there is nothing wrong with ARTPOP but for her, it just seems like a step back. she said she wrote some ridiculously high number of songs when she was making ARTPOP, so to me its just weird for ARTPOP to be like it is. maybe she put ARTPOP out with the lower quality songs that she wrote so she could save the rest of the songs or atleast random ideas, flows, beats and lyrics for another album. she might want to get off of the interscope label and she could've put out ARTPOP like that just for the sake of putting out an album because she wants to get closer to the end of her contract with interscope. im pretty sure cheek to cheek was put out mainly through interscope too, I think it was interscope and tony's Columbia label but interscope was in control of releasing it. I remember something like it was weird that interscope had control and not columbia or something like that. it was just way too much of everything, for a long time, like the hype. there was of course the hype and gaga saying different things for the explanation of what the album meant, and none of them were universally understandable. the seemingly huge, grand, lofty projects with jeff koons, marina abromavic and robert wilson. and the damn foil cover of ARTPOP, I know it sounds minuscule, but that made me kind of disappointed. people on this website were so worried that they wouldn't get a foil one because they were going to sell out. people were pre ordering really expensive bundle packages from her store because they wanted to get the foil. their were supposed to be 500,000 copies of the foil I think, and they were supposed to be sold out right away, but even right now you can go see the foil in a store staring you right in the eye, mocking you in all its lies and hyped up glory lol. I went on a rant there about a cover that doesn't even matter, but that's just another thing in the huge list of reasons why ARTPOP seems weird. the hip injury, the cancelled concerts, the "blackout", gaga firing her manager, the huge problems behind the scenes, gaga getting kind of insecure acting. and the huge, annoying as hell fuking "flopping" talk! I forgot about all this ****t about "flopping" but it really pisssed me off so im typing about it. the lies, media, fake sales figures, the gaga bashing. everybody that wasn't a gaga fan being completely delusional, even when they know the truth about how gaga is not doing bad in sales numbers. I don't even care about sales or anything like that. gaga could sell 100 albums her whole career for all I care, so everything just really made me mad. the annoying fan bases. I could go on and on, theres other things but this is just the worst time in gagas career and its not uncommon. everybody has these problems that's semi famous, especially gaga famous. but with everything ive said, I still like ARTPOP musically. its not born this way and ARTPOP is probably my least favorite gaga album but its a great album.  

I just noticed this site edited and changed what I originally typed by capitalizing ARTPOP and MANiCURE, and this time it will capitalize it too probably, I know ARTPOP is supposed to be capitalized but oh well.   

I was disappointed with ARTPOP after all the hype and the changes after the Swinefest performance but now it's actually up there amongst my favorite albums of all. It's as dear to me as TFM and whilst it doesn't quite surpass BTW for me it's better than TF imo. 

Archived