💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: USA preorders for ‪#‎RebelHeart‬ are at a Robust 50-60k

Valextra

Featured Posts

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you really comparing a full album with lots of videos, iTunes WW promo overtake and 0 leaks to Rebel Heart.  :rip:

Both were surprise releases by female artists with disappointing last eras that are considered 'pop icons', the only difference is that Madonna had leaks beforehands, not yhe whol album got released and Beyoncé had videos. These numbers are not impressive for Madonna and come from her fanbase alone. Barely anyone outside pop fanatics has heard any of the songs, which explains why the 6 tracks have only sold 130k in 3 weeks.

Just sayin'.

Even with promo she will fail to reach ARTPOP opening numbers unless her team pulls another gimmick like "bundlign" (aka giving away) free copies with each tour ticket sold like last time.

She won't reach ARTPOP's opening numbers. 200k at best.

chris777

Well leaks don't help sell. How the artist handles the leak is a make or break factor. To be honest I was actually intrigued to see what leaked, why Madonna was so mad about it and curious how the finished tracks would sound. If I was a bit more interested in her, I would have pre-ordered.

My main point, thank you.

I agree with what you said tho. The situation did generate the interest of people but all of them lurking won't pre-order the album.

Supersonic

Imagine if this albums sells more than ARTPOP in the first week :fan:

Won't happen though. I remember when Destiny's Child's Best Of debuted with 113k ten years ago at #1 and everyone dragged them for the low sales. Now 113k is a respectable opening number. US music industry shrunk and Madonna is a victim of that just like everybody else (except Beyoncé & Taylor Swift)

Supersonic

My main point, thank you.

I agree with what you said tho. The situation did generate the interest of people but all of them lurking won't pre-order the album.

Well I had a huge falling out with madonna's music & artistry in 2011. Not every lurker is as disappointed with her as I was, so they might have bought. Unless they show us receipts of who bought the album and who of them is a casual intrigued by the buzz it generated, we will never know

And 50-60k is quite bad, she might open with like 160k max  in the us and maybe 260k WW but it won't have much longevity or big hits. i predict 1.5 2M ww in the long run MAX 

There are still 2 months before the release with real promo to do, another partial release in February, ecc.

Worldwide her sales are still big, there's no way that she's gonna do those numbers.

Spotify streams are good as well and they're gonna count. 

chris777

Both were surprise releases by female artists with disappointing last eras that are considered 'pop icons', the only difference is that Madonna had leaks beforehands, not yhe whol album got released and Beyoncé had videos. These numbers are not impressive for Madonna and come from her fanbase alone. Barely anyone outside pop fanatics has heard any of the songs, which explains why the 6 tracks have only sold 130k in 3 weeks.

No, it's different. I don't understand how can you really think that an album up for pre-order with a previously leak and little promotion would sell the same as Beyoncé. 

'4' went platinum in the US and had a single with moderate success that peaked in the top 20 that sold over 1.6M (Best Thing I Never Had). It did okay. 

Say what you want about Madonna. In her eyes and our eyes you are just birds in a nest jumping up and down anticipating the drop of lunch from your mothers mouth :Madge:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Fiona Apple

131,000 downloads for 6 tracks after like 3 weeks isn't good at all.

Give Me All Your Luvin sold 115,000 in 3 days.

That's such a stupid comparsion tho. Living for love will become bigger than GMAYL

Fiona Apple

She won't reach ARTPOP's opening numbers. 200k at best.

Maybe not.But she will debut at #1 most likely

Archived