Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna talks Paris terror attack

Dolev

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
darkwolf

I like how she manages to hashtag album and first single into every situation possible. :derpga:

It's not bad, and I don't think she intended it as promo.

inb4 she finds the photos of the victims and puts  wires on their faces

:toofunny:

degenerate

"Killing in the name of God is man's idea."

I like that.

The promotional hashtags diminish some of her sincerity, though. It's just not appropriate and doesn't even make sense. This would be a fine message without them.

The texts of the abrahamic faiths can be interpreted as violent, I would also argue that belief systems that reject scientific evidence, spread ignorance and discourage logical thinking should be criticised and not respected.

It leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth when extremists targeted Charlie Hebdo and killed 12 people for their perceived disrespect of Islam and people respond by saying people should respect religion.

I doubt she meant for it to come across in that manner, but discussing "religious respect" in this situation seems to imply that they shouldn't have created those cartoons and that they are somewhat responsible for this.

By all means warn against generalisations and islamophobia, but that is targeted at protecting people who don't have extreme views. Preaching respect for a belief system itself isn't the right way to go about things, all beliefs have a right to be challenged.

Like I said though, I'm sure she didn't really mean it that way and I agree with her general sentiment. I just would have worded it differently.

True. Probably bad phrasing on her part.

Donatello

Those promo album hashtags  :wtf:

If that magazine had a logo of a face, you know it would be bondaged followed by <3#rebelheart

No she is not promoting new album!

Of course she isn't. #rebelheart #livingforlove #availableonitunes

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

MarryTheSequins

How did I know there was going to be a #rebelheart on the end of the post before I even entered the thread

Anyway it's nice that she's speaking out about it

Archived