Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do What U Want: bigger than we give credit for?

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Angel

Definitely.

It's wrongly written off as a flop, yet was a hit without a video, on par with those songs you give, which were "hits" with one. So to not call it a hit is just delusional, it had impact and was popular WW, in some countries being more popular and more of a hit than Applause.

And had it had a video, it would have been a smash hit for sure :legend:

Yup.

Gagaloo911

Well hasn't DWUW been out much longer than these? :huh:

And we probably consider it a very small hit or even a flop because it SEEMED very small. It was on the radio very rarely whereas these hits were always played. The other songs were everywhere, but not DWUW. I don't know how it got that many sales :rip:

First off, you're wrong, it was on the radio EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME where I live.

And secondly, it sold that much cause it was immensely popular and people LIKED it. To ask how it sold that much is silly. If people didn't like it, it wouldn't have sold as much as it did. Simple as that.

Arturo

It sold that much? wow i'm impressed

This is exactly my point. People around here (and other forums) like to belittle the song. Those people make fans (like you) who don't really follow her sales think it's in MTN status...

LaMaisonGaga

Talking of DWUW, make sure to look out for my upcomming Sims video beginning February.

tumblr_nhrpbrfkNv1tp9d6go1_1280.jpg

lamaisongaga.com

Gagaloo911

This is exactly my point. People around here (and other forums) like to belittle the song. Those people make fans (like you) who don't really follow her sales think it's in MTN status...

A thread on its sales (maybe this exact thread by you :teehee: ) should be posted on ATRL to show them all what's up, and that Gaga slayed without a video even.

Arturo

A thread on its sales (maybe this exact thread by you :teehee: ) should be posted on ATRL to show them all what's up, and that Gaga slayed without a video even.

I don't have an account on ATRL but I give anyone permission to copy and paste my thread on ATRL if they have an account. I'll get a kick out of it.

Ladey Gagz

First off, you're wrong, it was on the radio EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME where I live.

And secondly, it sold that much cause it was immensely popular and people LIKED it. To ask how it sold that much is silly. If people didn't like it, it wouldn't have sold as much as it did. Simple as that.

Let's calm down now :emma: First, we obviously don't live in the same place. Maybe the place where you lived, it was everywhere. Doesn't mean it was the same everywhere.

Secondly, Anaconda sold a lot as well. However, I have never seen praise for it. Everyone hated on that song, but got that many sales. Or am I completely wrong and everyone loved it? It's possible everyone liked it I'm just assuming from what I've heard.

Well i don't follow the charts at all, i knew it was a moderate hit tho and way more important than marry the night, but i didn't expect it to have sold more than 800k

Jewels n Drugs

It's not that fans think it's a failure, it's just that it had potential to be much, much bigger than it was. I still think it could have spend weeks at #1. But considering the circumstances, it still was a success.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Gagaloo911

Let's calm down now :emma: First, we obviously don't live in the same place. Maybe the place where you lived, it was everywhere. Doesn't mean it was the same everywhere.

Secondly, Anaconda sold a lot as well. However, I have never seen praise for it. Everyone hated on that song, but got that many sales. Or am I completely wrong and everyone loved it? It's possible everyone liked it I'm just assuming from what I've heard.

Judging from this thread and from what I've read and seen elsewhere, DWUW was pretty big around the entire world. So maybe it was just your place that is a flop :emma:

And as for Anaconda, it had a bunch of controversy around its video and became huge cause of its vid, so that is probably why it sold as much as it did

Computer

I'm impressed.

Definitely a hit though.  Even Stevie Nicks stanned :legend:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

idk. the song is an R&B which is very popular in U.S. it's a feature, has a Beats commercial and released when hype for ARTPOP is still high.. it has some decent promo but it it is huge failure for gaga's standards. 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Archived