💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do What U Want: bigger than we give credit for?

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

As we all know, DWUW peaked at #13 in the U.S and is viewed by some Gaga fans and other pop stans as a failure.

However, I've been looking at the sales of other songs recently and have been noticing a trend.
As we all know (or maybe not all), DWUW has sold over 1,350,000 copies in the United States.

Here are other recent hits' sales:

Anaconda by Nicki Minahj - 1,300,000 (#2)
Animals by Maroon 5 - 1,200,000 (#3)
Break Free by Ariana Grande - 1,400,000 (#4)
Don't by Ed Sheeran - 1,464,000 (#9)
A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay - 1,000,000 (#10)
Sing by Ed Sheeran - 1,323,000 (#13)

Is it us, the very fans who stick by Gaga's side, that belittle her success the most?
What are your thoughts?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

Definitely.

It's wrongly written off as a flop, yet was a hit without a video, on par with those songs you give, which were "hits" with one. So to not call it a hit is just delusional, it had impact and was popular WW, in some countries being more popular and more of a hit than Applause.

And had it had a video, it would have been a smash hit for sure :legend:

Miranda Sings

It absolutely was. A lot of people know the song. It was a hit. If it would've had a video to increase streaming, it would've peaked far higher. 

Ladey Gagz

Well hasn't DWUW been out much longer than these? :huh:

And we probably consider it a very small hit or even a flop because it SEEMED very small. It was on the radio very rarely whereas these hits were always played. The other songs were everywhere, but not DWUW. I don't know how it got that many sales :rip:

RainingOnMe

It's not a failure. Probably would have done the best out of any other ARTPOP single honestly.

I think if it wasn't for the controversy surrounding the music video, it would certainly be looked at in a much more respected light. It's a shame.

Gaga Monster

A lot of boys in my school liked the song! If it had a video it would defiantly be a top 5 hit.

GGD Presidential Elections

Admin

It's not that fans think it's a failure, it's just that it had potential to be much, much bigger than it was. I still think it could have spend weeks at #1. But considering the circumstances, it still was a success.

Teal Ambition

DWUW was a hit here, a few months ago, it was still playing regularly on the radio. And it still does occasionally. 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Arturo

Well hasn't DWUW been out much longer than these? :huh:

And we probably consider it a very small hit or even a flop because it SEEMED very small. It was on the radio very rarely whereas these hits were always played. The other songs were everywhere, but not DWUW. I don't know how it got that many sales :rip:

Yes, but all of these except maybe Animals at #20 on iTunes have no more steam left.

Break Free is #80 on Itunes. Anaconda is out of the Top 100. They're basically staying where they are, give another 100k at the VERY MOST in the coming months.

It did ok on radio in the U.S. #7 on Pop radio and #12 on Overall. I heard it and everyone I know knows of the song (and likes it)

Archived