💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PREMIER: Sia - "Elastic Heart" (FULL)

Yanko

Featured Posts

LaLuna

That was amazing! Even Shia LeBeouf's performance is great, and I usually don't like him. There seems to be a great deal of symbolism in this video, which is very interesting. 

And I love the song, I think I might have to start checking out Sia's stuff. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I think the fact that you see it this way is more concerning. It's heart wrenching and beautiful, and that's what art is all about. It is a weird display, but when you look into it, you can trace it back to her relationship with her father. Love between a father and daughter is close, and they do touch. Touching doesn't mean s-xual. None of the touching in this video is s-xual. It's loving, and shows that both need each other, like the love between family.

That old response: "I find your interpretation the disturbing bit." Interpretations are just that, it only starts to get concerning if you are advocating the behaviour in a disturbing interpretation, which I'm not. I believe we need to scan artistic impressions for anything that could be interpreted as an inappropriate use of children before they are released into the world where paedophiles can see them. I don't really support putting children into media at all unless absolutely necessary and when they are, they must be dressed and behaved appropriately. If I have kids I will never post photos of them online or put them on tv as I don't want perverts looking at them or commenting inappropriately. But clearly, not all parents are this vigilant and are willing to put them out there for money. I think Maddie's getting exploited by this point and it's sad. Yes, if you look closer into the intention behind this song, you'll find out the true meaning, but very few people will do that and just make their own judgements based on what they see. While touching between parent and child doesn't have to be s-xual, this is not a real life parent and child and their touches could be interpreted differently because of that.

You all need to take a chill pill and sit down for a while. The fact that this video has been properly released means that Maddie's parents or legal representatives agree and are completely comfortable with what the video is portraying whether the public likes it or not? Eff it, Lady Gaga swallowed a rosary and nobody is talking about it anymore. Sia, Maddie and Shia are totally safe.

That's the bit that concerns me: Maddie's being controlled by adults here. A lot of kids in the media are and it's sick. Just because parents and guardians sign a permission slip does not make it ok. Not all parents have their child's best interests at heart and a lot of such parents in the media are just after money and fame. Maddie can't have had full control over how she was represented here. An adult dressed her and choreographed her and as a child, she just had to follow along and say yes. Isn't that not problematic to you?

To those literally reaching to find s-xual imagery in each part of the video-you are the ones to be afraid of.

If you don't understand it as a metaphor and art, and instead you are finding parts of it s-xualized, then you are now the perverted viewer of the video. I've watch this video 10 times today and I don't see and s-xuality being portrayed, only a dramatized and beautiful version of a broken father/daughter relationship.

I'm not reaching whatsoever. It jumps out at you blatantly. A child dressed to look naked, spreading their legs and slut dropping, an adult crouching over them and grabbing them in passionate embraces and giving them longing looks screams inappropriate to me. I'm judging it purely based on what I see, not twisting it whatsoever. It fills me with fear that lots of people are not seeing how inappropriate this is and can't see how it can be misinterpreted. You don't possibly consider that a paedophile could misinterpret this? And once again, I see no obvious implication that they are father and daughter. Could someone please point out where it is as I don't see it. I think it's coming from biased fans who know Sia's backstory and know exactly what each video means before they even see it. Most of the public are not in that group and you've got to see it through their eyes.

You mean in the end of the song? Because it's quite clear that Maddie is the one pulling Shia towards her.

Which is also the concerning part. It's like Stockholm Syndrome. It was almost like he fell in love with her and she slowly reciprocated. I didn't interpret it as father/daughter love at all. It just looked like s-xual teasing and mild romance to me. Which is completely inappropriate. My interpretation may not be the artist's intention, but it's an interpretation nonetheless and I don't think interpretations can be right or wrong.

retroglamx

That's the bit that concerns me: Maddie's being controlled by adults here. A lot of kids in the media are and it's sick. Just because parents and guardians sign a permission slip does not make it ok. Not all parents have their child's best interests at heart and a lot of such parents in the media are just after money and fame. Maddie can't have had full control over how she was represented here. An adult dressed her and choreographed her and as a child, she just had to follow along and say yes. Isn't that not problematic to you?

You're right but I don't think that's the case here. Sia already cleared things up and she also mentioned she kind of saw it coming and truthfully I did too, people outside have their minds so polluted and the first thing that popped in their heads was pedophilia and couldn't even bother to examine the art represented in this beautiful video.

I never saw a pinch of pedophilia in the video, instead I saw a strong and deep representation of a troubled person. I don;t understand the fuss honestly.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

DrewStevens

You're right but I don't think that's the case here. Sia already cleared things up and she also mentioned she kind of saw it coming and truthfully I did too, people outside have their minds so polluted and the first thing that popped in their heads was pedophilia and couldn't even bother to examine the art represented in this beautiful video.

I never saw a pinch of pedophilia in the video, instead I saw a strong and deep representation of a troubled person. I don;t understand the fuss honestly.

This. I never saw a pinch of it or a little reference either.

The choreography is not s-xual at all and their "nakedness" is irrelevant. People would never make such a big deal of this if it was a woman and a boy. I think people should stop labeling men as predators every time they interact with a child.

Maddie's going to be fine because her mind is open to the real meaning and expression of her own art unlike the people claiming pedophilia

retroglamx

There choreography is not s-xual at all and their "nakedness" is irrelevant. People would never make such a big deal of this if it was a woman and a boy. I think people should stop labeling men as predators every time they interact with a child.

This. The nude clothing was very irrelevant and it has more to do with the aesthetics of the video rather than the non-existing s-xualization (is that even a word?) of either character.

But I guess the way you react to their interaction is different for everyone and maybe this is what Sia was aiming to do. To push and to challenge the viewer's psyche to the point where they might be uncomfortable.

Have you watched Nymphomaniac by Lars Von Trier? The second part has a very disturbing scene including a pedophile being cornered by the main character. The public's reaction to the video reminded me of this. It's pretty interesting now that I think about it.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Maddie's going to be fine because her mind is open to the real meaning and expression of her own art unlike the people claiming pedophilia

StrawberryBlond is very open to art and artistic expression and has a wide knowledge of it as well as having a great taste in music. I happen to agree with her somewhat, that it can be seen as pedophilia, I had that thought too but simply because I'm so used to creepy ****s contacting me on a daily basis because I happen to be underage and transgender that I don't doubt for a second people will be enjoying this video in more ways than one. It's sick but it's bound to happen. I do not, however, believe the video should be taken down. That is simply one belief among many, and to remove art is to remove expression.

xzxyyxzx

Watched the first five seconds and I thought it was weird and strange... I love the song but this video isn't really appropriate.. :Madge:

The choreography is not s-xual at all and their "nakedness" is irrelevant. People would never make such a big deal of this if it was a woman and a boy. I think people should stop labeling men as predators every time they interact with a child.

:applause:

StrawberryBlond

What I want to know is, if she saw the paedophilia claims coming, why did she allow the video to be released? I can only conclude that she wanted the controversy to raise her profile. Let's be real, videos have been halted due to a sudden moral panic - case in point, the DWUW video. And that involved adults. It's not impossible to suddenly decide not to release a video if it could be deemed too controversial or potentially career damaging. It doesn't matter if the audience's perception doesn't match with the artist's. The audience's reaction is the most important and powerful and we are highly inspired by media images. Therefore, I believe the artist has a responsibility to ensure they don't seem to support anything reprehensible in their artistic outputs. Or if they do, state before the video begins that this is an art piece and doesn't actually support anything bad.

Did you not see Maddie spreading her legs (0:55), slut dropping (1:32) and Shia crouching over her (1:54 and 2:43), reaching out to touch her in the proximity of her chest (2:04), Maddie giving him oddly seductive looks as she stands outside the cage and he growls at her (3:00) and Shia grabbing her waist while looking at her longingly (4:23)? These were the moments that had me most concerned. And I think their "nakedness" is highly relevant. I couldn't take my mind off it throughout as it's shoved in your face. And no, actually, I would still make this big a deal if the s-xes had been reversed. I think we do ourselves a disservice by thinking only men are capable of paedophilia. I'm always sickened whenever true reports of female paedophilia are made light of and joked about, actually.

She's 12. I think her perceptions are going to be very different at her age, especially when they've been fed to her by adults. When she grows up and starts learning about how sick some people are and how paedophilia is in the media and showbiz, she might start to see things from another angle. She might even look back on these videos and think she was exploited. I once read a book when I was a teenager about a relationship between a teacher and pupil with some highly questionable happenings in it but I thought at the time it was a simple cautionary tale. But then I re-read it as an adult and was hugely creeped out by some implications and how adults in the book acted. I looked up reviews on amazon and found the section filled with people who felt the same way - ok with it/indifferent as kids/teenagers, disturbed as adults. That's what happens when you grow up and learn more about the world. Maddie's naive now, but when she's older, she may not look back on these videos too fondly.

StrawberryBlond is very open to art and artistic expression and has a wide knowledge of it as well as having a great taste in music. I happen to agree with her somewhat, that it can be seen as pedophilia, I had that thought too but simply because I'm so used to creepy ****s contacting me on a daily basis because I happen to be underage and transgender that I don't doubt for a second people will be enjoying this video in more ways than one. It's sick but it's bound to happen. I do not, however, believe the video should be taken down. That is simply one belief among many, and to remove art is to remove expression.

Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. I'm not normally a pro-censorship person either, but if the footage contains a child doing questionable stuff, I don't like it being out there for sick people to enjoy. As adults, we have to duty to protect children in our society, and if that means censorsing questionable situations with children, then so be it. I don't know if you know about that girl from the Ark Music Factory, Alison Gold? She made some videos and one of them was highly inspired by Gaga's Telephone video and a lot of people were freaked out by how s-xualised this girl was and how she appeared to be being tortured in prison. The hate was so strong, the official footage was taken down, but some people downloaded it and have re-uploaded it. The same happened with Jenna Rose when she released OMG. These videos didn't actually contain s-xual content, but lyrics and some visual representations creeped out a lot of people. When a child is involved, there's simply a lot of things that you can't get away with.

What I want to know is, if she saw the paedophilia claims coming, why did she allow the video to be released? I can only conclude that she wanted the controversy to raise her profile. Let's be real, videos have been halted due to a sudden moral panic - case in point, the DWUW video. And that involved adults. It's not impossible to suddenly decide not to release a video if it could be deemed too controversial or potentially career damaging. It doesn't matter if the audience's perception doesn't match with the artist's. The audience's reaction is the most important and powerful and we are highly inspired by media images. Therefore, I believe the artist has a responsibility to ensure they don't seem to support anything reprehensible in their artistic outputs. Or if they do, state before the video begins that this is an art piece and doesn't actually support anything bad.

Did you not see Maddie spreading her legs (0:55), slut dropping (1:32) and Shia crouching over her (1:54 and 2:43), reaching out to touch her in the proximity of her chest (2:04), Maddie giving him oddly seductive looks as she stands outside the cage and he growls at her (3:00) and Shia grabbing her waist while looking at her longingly (4:23)? These were the moments that had me most concerned. And I think their "nakedness" is highly relevant. I couldn't take my mind off it throughout as it's shoved in your face. And no, actually, I would still make this big a deal if the s-xes had been reversed. I think we do ourselves a disservice by thinking only men are capable of paedophilia. I'm always sickened whenever true reports of female paedophilia are made light of and joked about, actually.

She's 12. I think her perceptions are going to be very different at her age, especially when they've been fed to her by adults. When she grows up and starts learning about how sick some people are and how paedophilia is in the media and showbiz, she might start to see things from another angle. She might even look back on these videos and think she was exploited. I once read a book when I was a teenager about a relationship between a teacher and pupil with some highly questionable happenings in it but I thought at the time it was a simple cautionary tale. But then I re-read it as an adult and was hugely creeped out by some implications and how adults in the book acted. I looked up reviews on amazon and found the section filled with people who felt the same way - ok with it/indifferent as kids/teenagers, disturbed as adults. That's what happens when you grow up and learn more about the world. Maddie's naive now, but when she's older, she may not look back on these videos too fondly.

Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. I'm not normally a pro-censorship person either, but if the footage contains a child doing questionable stuff, I don't like it being out there for sick people to enjoy. As adults, we have to duty to protect children in our society, and if that means censorsing questionable situations with children, then so be it. I don't know if you know about that girl from the Ark Music Factory, Alison Gold? She made some videos and one of them was highly inspired by Gaga's Telephone video and a lot of people were freaked out by how s-xualised this girl was and how she appeared to be being tortured in prison. The hate was so strong, the official footage was taken down, but some people downloaded it and have re-uploaded it. The same happened with Jenna Rose when she released OMG. These videos didn't actually contain s-xual content, but lyrics and some visual representations creeped out a lot of people. When a child is involved, there's simply a lot of things that you can't get away with.

There truly does need to be a discussion on where we draw the line. As much as I'm sure a lot of people would love to turn their heads to it happening and post pictures of their children doing whatever with the ignorant airiness that nothing is wrong or nothing bad will come, the truth is that there are some sick people out there. This particular instance is polarizing to me. I understand Sia and what she's trying to get across with her art but it's definitely right that most people will watch the video and think two things: "weird" and "pedophilic". Certainly pedophiles will be watching this video. I do know about Allison Gold as well, although I never noticed the video was taken down.

inuborg

I don't see anything that could be taken as pedophilic

I think its just people have a weird perception of Shia because of his meltdowns and like someone else said, if it was woman with a boy, no one would make the same connection.

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Koreku

I wish people would see the art in this video. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Archived