Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PREMIER: Sia - "Elastic Heart" (FULL)

Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vernier

Wasn't expecting Shia :udidnt: The choreo was amazing, but didn't really feel it till the end

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Doily Skull

Brilliant directing and choreography. The last scene is very intense, I got goosebumps. There's a part of me believing this is about being trapped inside your own mind because of a trauma, such as the rape incident that Shia talked about a few months ago.

I see people guessing the meaning of the song is about her relationship with her dad, which makes perfect sense - Maddie acting as Sia's avatar in these videos is a brilliant concept. Although, I can't help but lean more towards your theory - simply because it would make perfect sense as well. I cried at the end when Shia finally gives up and tears start running down his face. I've been in that cage before and it's all too real. Metaphorically, of course.

~staying stupid through my holy days~

Lassex

The video was really beautiful. I made me feel something - not sure what, but it did. It made me think about innocence and danger and how those things are shown to us usually. Danger and innocence might come in different, unexpected forms.

I see people guessing the meaning of the song is about her relationship with her dad, which makes perfect sense - Maddie acting as Sia's avatar in these videos is a brilliant concept. Although, I can't help but lean more towards your theory - simply because it would make perfect sense as well. I cried at the end when Shia finally gives up and tears start running down his face. I've been in that cage before and it's all too real. Metaphorically, of course.

I agree, maybe that was their intention. They ended up delivering a video portraying many things, though, and I love that. I think it's up to the individual to decide what the video is really about. Maybe there are some who have not been in the cage and wouldn't say the video's fundamental intention is to discuss one's battles within but rather Sia's relationship with her father. It's all possible, imo. :shrug:

StrawberryBlond

Chandelier was one thing, but this is quite another. You can't just say "It's just your twisted mind that's interpreting this s-xually." We have a grown man and a pre-teen child in a cage, dressed in a way that makes them look naked, dancing, climbing and draping over each other, giving each other longing looks that suggest lust. I don't know why no one stopped this video and pointed out how concerning this all was. I don't know how a woman can be ok with making this video. I really question Sia's intentions by this point. Maddie was already s-xualised by the Chandelier video and this one is even more blatant. Fact is that paedophiles do look at this stuff and a child does not have to be actually naked for them to be turned on or interpret their actions as s-xual. And Maddie's movements are not exactly innocent either. In Chandelier, she was doing a very provocative split and spreading her legs. Here she is doing some approximation of a slut drop (she drops to a squat with her legs apart and her hands crossed over her head) and looks at a grown man in a way that suggests longing and lust. Most of her movements are perfectly innocent, but some are not and don't think the choreographers are unaware of this. I am shocked that Maddie's mother allows her daughter to act in these videos, but then she did put her daughter on reality tv. I'd even be a bit better with it if she was dressed in a black leotard, just something that doesn't give the impression of her being naked. Because that's what's suggested, no matter how you look at it. And it makes me sick to think of who could be watching this and what they're doing while watching it. I daresay stuff like this only encourages paedophiles and makes them believe their feelings are justified, because if the media are fine with such risque portrayals of children, their desires can't be that bad, right?

No, I don't think this video is art. It's just shock value to raise Sia's profile. There's so many ways this situation could have been portrayed and this was not the best or the only one. I sincerely hope Sia never uses children in such a way in her work ever again as it's getting seriously creepy now.

DrewStevens

Very well done :applause:

I don't think this is creepy or inappropriate at all. All this oversensitiveness is ridiculous.

Chandelier was one thing, but this is quite another. You can't just say "It's just your twisted mind that's interpreting this s-xually." We have a grown man and a pre-teen child in a cage, dressed in a way that makes them look naked, dancing, climbing and draping over each other, giving each other longing looks that suggest lust. I don't know why no one stopped this video and pointed out how concerning this all was. I don't know how a woman can be ok with making this video. I really question Sia's intentions by this point. Maddie was already s-xualised by the Chandelier video and this one is even more blatant. Fact is that paedophiles do look at this stuff and a child does not have to be actually naked for them to be turned on or interpret their actions as s-xual. And Maddie's movements are not exactly innocent either. In Chandelier, she was doing a very provocative split and spreading her legs. Here she is doing some approximation of a slut drop (she drops to a squat with her legs apart and her hands crossed over her head) and looks at a grown man in a way that suggests longing and lust. Most of her movements are perfectly innocent, but some are not and don't think the choreographers are unaware of this. I am shocked that Maddie's mother allows her daughter to act in these videos, but then she did put her daughter on reality tv. I'd even be a bit better with it if she was dressed in a black leotard, just something that doesn't give the impression of her being naked. Because that's what's suggested, no matter how you look at it. And it makes me sick to think of who could be watching this and what they're doing while watching it. I daresay stuff like this only encourages paedophiles and makes them believe their feelings are justified, because if the media are fine with such risque portrayals of children, their desires can't be that bad, right?

No, I don't think this video is art. It's just shock value to raise Sia's profile. There's so many ways this situation could have been portrayed and this was not the best or the only one. I sincerely hope Sia never uses children in such a way in her work ever again as it's getting seriously creepy now.

:awkney: father and daughter

that's it 

StrawberryBlond

:awkney: father and daughter

that's it 

But they're not in real life, nor is is such a relationship made obvious in the video. It's only from reading comments from fans that I even found out what the storyline is supposed to be. Because it could be interpreted many ways. I thought they were meant to be animals caged for the purpose of fighting. I didn't interpret this as father/daughter at all. It was almost romantic in parts and the proximity of their bodies didn't help. If they were both adults, it would be presumed that it was all going to lead to s-x, let's be honest. The way Shia was reaching out to touch her and trying to grab her was like looking at a paedophile trying and failing to suppress his urges. It ultimately doesn't matter what the artist's intention was - all that matters is how the public interpret it. And a lot of the public are finding it very creepy and disturbing and thinks it's s-xualising children. I take the s-xualisation of children very seriously and if it were down to me, this video would be removed for its disturbing connotations. I find it very hard to understand why putting a child in a nude leotard to dance in spread-eagled poses is considered art and why this depiction of a child is even allowed in the mainstream media.

Runway

A grown man in underwear touching a 12 year old ballerina is just awkward in every way imo

At least Shia is looking good though iVYyZDq7owamk.gif

get them streaming Sia dd.gif

But they're not in real life, nor is is such a relationship made obvious in the video. It's only from reading comments from fans that I even found out what the storyline is supposed to be. Because it could be interpreted many ways. I thought they were meant to be animals caged for the purpose of fighting. I didn't interpret this as father/daughter at all. It was almost romantic in parts and the proximity of their bodies didn't help. If they were both adults, it would be presumed that it was all going to lead to s-x, let's be honest. The way Shia was reaching out to touch her and trying to grab her was like looking at a paedophile trying and failing to suppress his urges. It ultimately doesn't matter what the artist's intention was - all that matters is how the public interpret it. And a lot of the public are finding it very creepy and disturbing and thinks it's s-xualising children. I take the s-xualisation of children very seriously and if it were down to me, this video would be removed for its disturbing connotations. I find it very hard to understand why putting a child in a nude leotard to dance in spread-eagled poses is considered art and why this depiction of a child is even allowed in the mainstream media.

it's pretty obvious 

jackoajl

Love it!!! This was the best choice for second single, now let's wait for "Big Girls Cry" MV (second single in france)

BTW, Shia looks hot hot hot!!!

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

Archived