💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PREMIER: Sia - "Elastic Heart" (FULL)

Yanko

Featured Posts

codymonster

Wow! That was beautifully intense.  I definitely think this video represents Sia's relationship with her father growing up, since he had multiple personality disorder, and actually thought he was two different people.  Also, just for people that don't know, Sia's dad wanted to be a musician, and struggled to get noticed.  Then Sia became famous, so it could also represent the father's struggle with seeing his daughter live the life he wanted to; being both proud, but also intensely jealous.

All around powerful video :applause:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Rose

I love the song. I find the video boring, it doesn't seem to go with the song

Ok, no one pointed this out, but I'll tell it. 
The video is brilliant, I love Maddie, she's a great dancer. I love the cage effect, te message is very strong and the dance is very meaningful and artistic...
BUT, grown-up man's and little girl's duet is not the best thing. They dance close to each other and so on. It will be the best video for pedophiles to watch... This aspect of the video is disgusting when you think about it. Couldn't they think about sth else? There could be two girls, or a girl and a boy portraying different people.. or maybe they wanted the contraversy.. because not everyone will get the meaning behind the video.

(I'm ready for the stones now)

I was also a bit disturbed by that.

Ok, no one pointed this out, but I'll tell it. 

The video is brilliant, I love Maddie, she's a great dancer. I love the cage effect, te message is very strong and the dance is very meaningful and artistic...

BUT, grown-up man's and little girl's duet is not the best thing. They dance close to each other and so on. It will be the best video for pedophiles to watch... This aspect of the video is disgusting when you think about it. Couldn't they think about sth else? There could be two girls, or a girl and a boy portraying different people.. or maybe they wanted the contraversy.. because not everyone will get the meaning behind the video.

(I'm ready for the stones now)

But just because there are pedophiles out there doesn't mean we should avoid depictions of fathers or men and children. There are healthy relationships of men and children. Even the dark aspects of life should be depicted when it's appropriate. Do you know what I mean? I feel like it's in no way disgusting either. I thought the video was very beautiful and if it really is about her dad, then I think she did a great job telling her story through this video!

But just because there are pedophiles out there doesn't mean we should avoid depictions of fathers or men and children. There are healthy relationships of men and children. Even the dark aspects of life should be depicted when it's appropriate. Do you know what I mean? I feel like it's in no way disgusting either. I thought the video was very beautiful and if it really is about her dad, then I think she did a great job telling her story through this video!

I totally agree. Father/children relationships are frequently very beautiful and loving. They are very important to every child's emotional state. It needs to be depicted and so on.. however, you can't deny that this video will trigger all kinds of emotions to different people. It was my initial thought so I stated it without hesitating. I completely understand that it's not the intention of the video itself, but it disturbed me a little bit. A little girl in a cage with a man... It's maybe because I'm a female and had issues with men myself. I wanted that girl to dance alone or dance with another girl/boy.. I just wanted to protect her. 

Wow! That was beautifully intense.  I definitely think this video represents Sia's relationship with her father growing up, since he had multiple personality disorder, and actually thought he was two different people.  Also, just for people that don't know, Sia's dad wanted to be a musician, and struggled to get noticed.  Then Sia became famous, so it could also represent the father's struggle with seeing his daughter live the life he wanted to; being both proud, but also intensely jealous.

All around powerful video :applause:

I think you cracked the code. If this is meaning of the video, then bravo to Sia. :applause:

I totally agree. Father/children relationships are frequently very beautiful and loving. They are very important to every child's emotional state. It needs to be depicted and so on.. however, you can't deny that this video will trigger all kinds of emotions to different people. It was my initial thought so I stated it without hesitating. I completely understand that it's not the intention of the video itself, but it disturbed me a little bit. A little girl in a cage with a man... It's maybe because I'm a female and had issues with men myself. I wanted that girl to dance alone or dance with another girl/boy.. I just wanted to protect her. 

Thank you for clarifying! I can see where you are coming from now.

TailoredGuilts

PHENOMENAL!

One of the best music videos I've ever seen. Surpasses Chandelier by a mile. The pathos in this video is off the charts.

BRAVO SIA!!!

Pure Adrenaline

the song is a mess

but the video slays :legend:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Staryu

That was honestly SO beautiful.  :eek: :giveup: I can't even pick a favorite between this and Chandelier.

This will probably be in my top 10 music videos of 2015.

Morphine Prince

I really like it! And I didn't know she was 12! I thought she was like 15! That means she was 11 in Chandelier. She's an amazing dancer and Shia did a good job here. 

Anderson123

I love it. I know it's like a second part of Chandelier and they're trying to re-create the success but I liked it.

For those who are wondering about the solo version, that version of Elastic Heart is the one featured on the album, if you buy it. I was also surprised when I listened to the CD but I kind of like it as well.

I would DIE to see a music video for Dressed In Black. That is like the deepest song on the album.

Archived