šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey - "Honeymoon" ( NEW Album Title)

Desperado

Featured Posts

inuborg

Thats the title of one of the songs.

Im okay with a song title, not an album titleĀ 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

Im okay with a song title, not an album titleĀ 

Ā 

I kind of love Honeymoon as a title. Music to Watch Boys To reminds me of This Is What Makes Us Girls.

Lana is literally on the same lyrical level as Gaga. She stuffs her work with her own repetitious cliches. I like her, I think shes cool, but its kind of obnoxious the way pop stans are limited enough to think so highly of her and her lyricism especially. I cringe everytime I see some basic rant about how poetic and hauntingly beautiful her music is.

I agree. I like Lanaƃā€šĀ“s music more sonically than lyrically. It was just my reaction to that awful comment.

retroglamx

All you haters can go hide and listen to w/e basic poptart you like. A new Lana album is everything my sad little heart needs this year.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Lana is literally on the same lyrical level as Gaga. She stuffs her work with her own repetitious cliches. I like her, I think shes cool, but its kind of obnoxious the way pop stans are limited enough to think so highly of her and her lyricism especially. I cringe everytime I see some basic rant about how poetic and hauntingly beautiful her music is.

Repetition in artistry breeds image and iconic status.

retroglamx

Ā 

God. I love you. :legend:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

blacklistedd

Ā 

That comment was in response to a user belittling Gagas lyricism in comparison to Lana's. Im not anti-repetition and im anything but anti-Lana. But regardless, she isn't our generations calling of Fiona Apple or PJ Harvey or Tori Amos or any number of other alternative and against the grain female singer/songwriters. Shes on the same level as Lady Gaga and Rihanna and Madonna and what ever other "pop tart" you can think of. She just comes in alternative packaging. And im not saying theres anything wrong with that, I just roll my eyes when people start getting condescending about Lana in regards to Gaga as if shes in this league lightyears beyond creatively.

BlondeKingOfGGD

Ultraviolence did AMAZING seen as it had no promo.. With a few performances in the US UK etc

It could easily have done 300-400k in the UK and 700k in the US

That comment was in response to a user belittling Gagas lyricism in comparison to Lana's. Im not anti-repetition and im anything but anti-Lana. But regardless, she isn't our generations calling of Fiona Apple or PJ Harvey or Tori Amos or any number of other alternative and against the grain female singer/songwriters. Shes on the same level as Lady Gaga and Rihanna and Madonna and what ever other "pop tart" you can think of. She just comes in alternative packaging. And im not saying theres anything wrong with that, I just roll my eyes when people start getting condescending about Lana in regards to Gaga as if shes in this league lightyears beyond creatively.

Lana is genuine, her music is in a mold of its own crafted by herself and an expert team of well selected lesser-known producers. Her music is alternative because it doesn't sound like much else, particularly her unique BTD sound, and because it clearly isn't pop. She doesn't chart that well and her music isn't comparable to anything on the radio. Lana is Lana and there aren't many people like her sonically or lyrically. Her lyrics are fantastic, and the only way she is comparable to Gaga is through their songwriting talent. As Gaga says, pop will never be low brow. Pop music is not always easy to write, and alternative music isn't either. Gaga and Lana excel in their respective genres.

blacklistedd

Lana is genuine, her music is in a mold of its own crafted by herself and an expert team of well selected lesser-known producers. Her music is alternative because it doesn't sound like much else, particularly her unique BTD sound, and because it clearly isn't pop. She doesn't chart that well and her music isn't comparable to anything on the radio. Lana is Lana and there aren't many people like her sonically or lyrically. Her lyrics are fantastic, and the only way she is comparable to Gaga is through their songwriting talent. As Gaga says, pop will never be low brow. Pop music is not always easy to write, and alternative music isn't either. Gaga and Lana excel in their respective genres.

Ā 

Im sorry I just completely disagree with your point of view on Lana Del Rey. I like her aesthetically and I think shes a cool alternative version of a very commercial mainstream artist with her minimal look and noir sound which compared to other stars upon her release was refreshing. But shes really not as unique and "new" as you're giving her credit for. Its a thin porous line so im not down to fully delve into a debate about pop vs. alternative because it is arguable, but imo shes certainly not groundbreaking or against the grain enough to really be alternative. Shes just a cool alternative version of a pop star imo.

Cody Draco

I prefer Music to Watch Boys to. Honeymoon is nice, but seems weak after we had MTWBT. :noparty:

Ā 

This exactly. I will take what I can get though. :giveup:

Cody Draco

All you haters can go hide and listen to w/e basic poptart you like. A new Lana album is everything my sad little heart needs this year.

Ā 

This, I'm not going to bother quoting them all. I will just patiently wait for Honeymoon. :flutter:

drinkmytears

But she still hit #1 and gained the critical praise that Born To Die lacked. It sold quite well for an album that was supported with little to no promotion and had absolutely no support from any sort of Top 40 hit.

West Coast charted at like 17

she has an amazing vision
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived