Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My thoughts on ARTPOP

swakby

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Staryu

One of the most overrated songs from the album.

Thank you, I thought that I was the only one. :emma: I still love it, but TEOG is definitely not one of my faves.

My personal issue with BTW is that it's just too big...the album had some really great songs but it was the first album of hers to feature some songs that just weren't very good. I think if they had cut Born This Way down a bit it would have been perceived as a much better album.

danwasd

1. ARTPOP is underrated

2. The ARTPOP era was a mess from the DWUW non-video Era

3. You're right

4. The Applause video has more visits than BTW :manicure: (and in way to catch Poker Face :party: :popcorn: )

XoXoJoanneGaga

There's no doubt that if ARTPOP and BTW had switched places they would have done better. ARTPOP generally sounds like a 2010-2011 album and almost all the songs are direct continuations of her TF/M style, so songs like DWUW, Applause, and Venus could have all gone #1 or at least top 5.

ย 

BTW might have done better in 2013 since it's a more genuine, organic album and that's more in style now compared to a few years ago. It would have also been a more palatable transition for the public if there was a buffer era in between TFM and BTW and they would have gotten a break from the dark visuals.ย 

Hi, welcome to GGD. Just a heads up, we've probably already discussed something if it happened over a year ago.

swakby

Hi, welcome to GGD. Just a heads up, we've probably already discussed something if it happened over a year ago.

i appreciate the ironyย 

GagaisHotAF

So guys, I don't if it's now the time to comment on ARTPOP, but I'd like to share my opinion..

Basicly, what I've been thinking about the last few months is why ARTPOP "flopped"..I can't think of anything else but Born this way...

Many of us consider BTW an ultra successfull album. However, I think that it is the reason why Gaga hasn't been very popular lately. BTW had fantastic first week sales, probablty due to the success of TF and TFM. 1.108 copies in just a week is HUGE, but I don't think that the album's songs satisfied many fans.It's too experimental, and don't get me wrong, I love the album, but it's not even close to the catchy tunes in "The Fame". The single choice in BTW are a complete mess.. that's the other thing.. The lead single was successfull, no doubt. It stayed at #1 for 6 weeks. Judas wasn't extremely successfull, but it is the most watched video from this era(and let's face it, youtube views are a big factor from one song's popularity) TEOG was a mess, though.. It debuted at #3 but it stayed at the top 10 for like 3 or 4 weeks. One of the most overrated songs from the album. After all this time, we still can't get to 100 million view on VEVO..It gets, like, 15 000 views per day. You and I was successfull, in my opinion, and I don't know why it's stil not VEVO certified.. I won't talk about Marry The Night, because no one knows what happened there.. :confused:

ARTPOP was released 2 years and a half after BTW, which, let's face it, is a very long time. The content didn't live up to many people's expectations. If it was released like, at the end of 2012, it would have been more successfull for sure. Applause was a hit, but a wrong choice for her 1st single. I know her label forced her to do this and I hate them for that.. Aura or Gypsy would have been a perfect choice. This, plus DWUW mess led people to think that the album is a flop. But I don't think that. 258k albums in the first week is a very decent number. It's not a million but not many people have accomplished that. God I have so much more to say but I'll leave it for the comments.. What I'm trying to say sounds messy, but I think that you got my point..ย 

I really think that ARTPOP should have been released after TFM because the radio would eat up all the songs. Then she could release BTW which could show her maturity as an artist.ย 

Probably on Grindr

Yes I know she broke her hip.. I was just saying making an assumption.

I think that You and I was successfull because it stayed at the top 10 for a decent amount of time.

TEOG isn't overrated, my mistake.Its success is, though. It stayed at the top 10 for like 3 weeks.

don't hate me pls. it's just an opinion

Only 3 weeks??? Whatttt.....you convinced me. TEOG is a bit overrated รƒยฐร…ยธร‹ล“ยณ

i agree that BTW had to do a lot with Gaga's decline in popularity but what really damaged Gaga were all the long blackouts ... 2 years between albums is a lot and Gaga did a mini blackout WITHIN an era... The real reason ARTPOP flopped wAs its management issues... She fired Troy just before the album release and that ****ed up the plans for her album era... It was inevitable the whole era was a mess.

But Gaga took a new direction with C2C and seems to finally have a management team she can trust again so let's see where this new direction leads... I personally see it as fresh and new and amazing. Let's hope Gaga finds new inspiration and passion with her new album and I personally want a rock/BTW 2.0 ish album... BTW is still her most genius work to date

Sugar Free

I disagree,neither BTW or ARTPOP is "flopped" they are actually sold pretty good and many fans like them.

djBuffoon

This has been discussed repeatedly, but I agree.

ย 

Many fans are quick to blame the music for the album's sales (the album didn't sell poorly), when the truth is many fans and definitely casual listeners still have yet to even hear it, outside of "Applause" and "DWUW" (both well-liked, apparently). How can they dislike something they haven't heard? :huh:

ย 

But yes, while many fans cherish Born This Way (as I do) and find it infallible, it was indeed a dent in her popularity. I cannot tell you how many people I have spoken to that claim BTW is where Gaga lost them, and they haven't bothered to get into her material since. Not that it's anything to be ashamed of, both albums are sensational, regardless of sales. That, combined with poor management and overall issues with how the era was laid out, and it's no o

Free My Mind

Stopped reading when you said TEOG was a flop. The song is one of the best known from BTW and it was around for ages... alot of peoples favourite Gaga song. The only bad bit was the rushed video and messy release. It'd have smashed otherwise.

Alfonso

Thread #875765476757 on this topic, butttt.

ย 

There is is nothing we can doย  :shrug:

You could buy more ARTPOP cds :fan:

Archived