💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Big Bang Theory star: I'm not a feminist

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, who is currently pulling in $1 million per episode on The Big Bang Theory, recognizes the strides women have made toward equality.

But that doesn't mean she considers herself a feminist.

"It's not really something I think about," she told Redbook magazine for its February issue, on newsstands Jan. 6. "Things are different now, and I know a lot of the work that paved the way for women happened before I was around ... I was never that feminist girl demanding equality, but maybe that's because I've never really faced inequality," she said.

Cuoco-Sweeting, 29, who married husband Ryan Sweeting, 27, on New Year's Eve last year, said that she cooks for him "five nights a week: It makes me feel like a housewife; I love that. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I like the idea of women taking care of their men. I'm so in control of my work that I like coming home and serving him," she told the magazine.

http://www.people.com/article/kaley-cuoco-sweeting-feminism-breast-implants-surgery

While I in no way think she has to be a feminist, she is certainly within her right to not be one, what do you think about her reasoning behind it? Is claiming that since you've never personally never faced inequality reason enough to just sweep it under the rug for life and not care about it?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was coming in her ready to attack, but I've gotta defend her for the most part :shrug: While I think it's everyone's job to be aware of gender inequality, I think it's okay that she respectfullys says it doesn't interest her.

Vernier

So she doesn't believe in equal rights for women and is uninterested in these equal rights? Unless the definition of "feminist" has changed :emma:

That's odd, it's like a gay person not being interested in gay rights. But at least she's honest rather than pretending :flop:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Cocaine Heart

That's a very bad reason, just because you not personally affected by something doesn't mean you shouldn't stand up for it.

We going to boo

Brainiac

Nothing wrong with that. Feminist is such a loaded word now that I don't blame people who are in favor of equality to not identify themselves as that. I believe in equality for the s-xes but I would never call myself a feminist.

Redstreak

So she doesn't believe in equal rights for women and is uninterested in these equal rights? Unless the definition of "feminist" has changed :emma:

I'm sure she's for gender equality but I think she's of the mindset that inequality really isn't present anymore since she's never really faced it, so she just doesn't care :shrug: At least that's how I took it.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, who is currently pulling in $1 million per episode on The Big Bang Theory, recognizes the strides women have made toward equality

:giveup:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Nothing wrong with that. Feminist is such a loaded word now that I don't blame people who are in favor of equality to not identify themselves as that. I believe in equality for the s-xes but I would never call myself a feminist.

If you believe in equality for the s-xes you're a feminist

Brainiac

If you believe in equality for the s-xes you're a feminist

I'm aware of the official definition of it. I'm not talking about that though. I'm talking about the societal connotation that has been attached to the word. What I'm saying is due to that, I wouldn't openly label myself as a feminist. I just prefer to say I believe in equality.

She really didn't say she wasn't a feminist or that she doesn't believe in equal rights for women. All she said was that it doesn't affect her, so she doesn't really think about it, but she does appreciate the women who fought before her to allow her to be in her current position.

Archived