Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cheek to Cheek Evening Wear

tiffa

Featured Posts

Never been to a formal Jazz show? Never really dressed up before? Here are some tips.

Be sure to post your attire here for other Monster's to see as we prepare for the Cheek to Cheek tour!

- Tiffa

Dress for Jazz as a Man
1. Wear dark, neutral colored slacks. The slacks should be slim fitting and worn high on the waist. Black, gray and pinstripe are all acceptable colors.

2. Put on a white undershirt. Dancing to jazz will tire you out. It might possibly make you sweat. An undershirt is necessary.

3. Buy a dress shirt. Jazz style shirts are button up, slim fitting and generally of a white or cream color. Tuck the shirt into your slacks.

4. Wear dress shoes when you go on a jazz outing. Black "wingtip" dress shoes are the most common footwear. Black and white two-tone spectator shoes are also favorites.

5. Try a vest. Vests are not necessary and they are not for everybody, but if you find a vest that fits well and you can pull it off, you will find that it looks very hep.

6. Put on a tight, single-breasted blazer. The blazer should be black, gray or white, depending on your outfit as a whole. The more classic the blazer looks, the better.

Dress for Jazz as a Woman
1. Dress in formal, evening attire. The basics include: darker colors (maroon instead of red), dresses, heeled-shoes and "up-do" hairstyles.

2. Wear a knee-length dress with elaborate hemlines. These dresses tend to be of dark colors and leave the arms and shoulders bare. Strapless and spaghetti strap dresses are common.

3. Find some high-heeled shoes with thin, stiletto style heels. Mary Jane ankle strap shoes and shoes with buckles or bows are classic jazz fashion choices. Sequin and diamante trims are common, too.

4. Research some style tips from the "flapper" fashion of the twenties. Short hair is still a common hairstyle in jazz circles today.

Edited by Delulu

Dress for Jazz as a Woman

1. Dress in formal, evening attire. The basics include: darker colors (maroon instead of red), dresses, heeled-shoes and "up-do" hairstyles.

2. Wear a knee-length dress with elaborate hemlines. These dresses tend to be of dark colors and leave the arms and shoulders bare. Strapless and spaghetti strap dresses are common.

3. Find some high-heeled shoes with thin, stiletto style heels. Mary Jane ankle strap shoes and shoes with buckles or bows are classic jazz fashion choices. Sequin and diamante trims are common, too.

4. Research some style tips from the "flapper" fashion of the twenties. Short hair is still a common hairstyle in jazz circles today.

:madge:

Thanks for the topic, Delulu! I moved this to the Cheek to Cheek tour section and pinned it :)

Thank you. I hope it helps.

-Tiffa

I'm not going to the Cheek To Cheek tour, and I do appreciate you trying to help people out, but something about this thread irked me. Gaga is about identity and Gaga's fans are quite expressive. Dictating to fans of Lady Gaga (of all people) what they should/shouldn't wear is kind of oppressive in my opinion. Gaga has hardly been a wallflower with her jazz looks - yes, they've been glamorous and beautiful, but elements like diamond eyebrows and the ornate headdresses have let her identity shine through.

If you're going to the Cheek To Cheek tour - then yes, dress formally. It is a high-brow event after all. But don't worry about meeting certain checkboxes in order to fit in, be yourself. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to the Cheek To Cheek tour, and I do appreciate you trying to help people out, but something about this thread irked me. Gaga is about identity and Gaga's fans are quite expressive. Dictating to fans of Lady Gaga (of all people) what they should/shouldn't wear is kind of oppressive in my opinion. Gaga has hardly been a wallflower with her jazz looks - yes, they've been glamorous and beautiful, but elements like diamond eyebrows and the ornate headdresses have let her identity shine through.

If you're going to the Cheek To Cheek tour - then yes, dress formally. It is a high-brow event after all. But don't worry about meeting certain checkboxes in order to fit in, be yourself. 

What about her suggestive post about a tux and an evening gown? Hmm. She is trying to give us pointers. What your dress or tux looks like is entirely your own.