πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bebe Buell talks Rebel Heart/Madonna

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

SPARTACUS

Β 

"I've gotten so many DMs, PMs and Emails asking me how I feel about Madonna so blatantly using the title of my memoir REBEL HEART from 2001 as the title of her new album.

Β 

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. She's been doing this since the inception of her career~ as far back as 1984 appearing on the MTV video awards dressed as a bride- Debbie Harry, Marianne Faithfull, etc..., did it first and with more originality and flair. I was in the audience that night in '84 and it was clear she was going to be a superstar. Not so much because she was "great" or the "best" but because she was not afraid to roll around and make everyone talk. And boy oh boy, did everyone talk about that performance. She's always been good at taking an idea, a concept that someone else did first and taking it, making it mainstream. That in itself is an art per se so if that's how we measure "talent" or "success", then she's been hugely successful.

My personal Goddess has always been Debbie Harry who truly was/is original and has never, in my opinion, been given enough props from Madonna. That said, Debbie does what I do when someone steals or "borrows" an idea. Just come up with a new fresh one. My REBEL HEART is now my REBEL SOUL. Moving past the physical to the metaphysical~ Madonna is welcome to Rebel Heart- I'm moving on to SOUL... and I'm reinventing myself yet again here in my beloved Nashville.

Here's some of the lyrics to one of M's leaked songs- it's called "Two Steps Behind Me"~ ironic that she feels stolen from... pot calling kettle black? Perhaps even projecting some?

"You're a copycat, Where is my royalty? You're a pretty girl, I'll give you that. But stealing my recipe, it's an ugly look."

The lyrics continue:

"Did you study me hard enough? You're never gonna be, you're just a wannabe me. Like a sister all messed-up, who's gonna help you out? In your fantasy, you can try it all. But you can't be me. You can walk the walk, even talk the talk. But you'll always be two steps behind me."

Lord knows who she's talking about- some say Lady Gaga... personally I don't see the comparison. Gaga is so over the top talented that I get chills just hearing her sing. Not just anyone could do an album of duets with Tony Bennett and do it with such class and ease.

So, back to the issue at hand. I've been told that it's a compliment to be stolen from by Madge... that she only steals from the best- the true innovators. I remember the first time I met her at Danceteria after a show with my band The B-Sides. I've told this story before- she was there dancing and she asked me where I got my "lace gloves and all the lace accessories"... I directed her to my spot on 14th Street. Got to hand it to her- she took all the downtown street style that gals like Debbie, Tish (Patrice Tish Bellomo)& Snookie, Cyrinda Foxe, etc..., invented and turned it into something commercial and before we could bat an eyelash, she was creating a style revolution. She made it her own and much like "grunge" it was soon available at Macy's and JC Penny. That's the beauty of style and fashion... it truly is recyclable and done over and over again. I have ZERO issue w/ Madonna also using this title 14 yrs. later. I'm not a hater. I find it all very fascinating. Maybe this is where Madonna got it??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249312/ ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Β¦ ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Β¦

She perhaps sees herself as an Irish Nationalist?

You never know, babies! HAPPY NEW YEAR, angels."

Bebe Buell is a singer & actress Liv Tyler's mother with Aerosmith vocalist Steven Tyler. In 2001, she wrote an autobiography (with Victor Bockris) titled Rebel Heart: An American Rock and Roll Journey. The book was a New York Times bestseller.

Β 

https://www.facebook.com/BebeBuellBand/posts/1013780181970927:0

Β 

Not sure if link to post works.

zE1oJcm.png

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…π€πŒπ„ π„ππˆπ†πŒπ€β„’

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reductive :tea:Β  :madge:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Bebe Buell is a singer & actress Liv Tyler's mother with Aerosmith vocalist Steven Tyler. In 2001, she wrote an autobiography (with Victor Bockris) titled Rebel Heart: An American Rock and Roll Journey. The book was a New York Times bestseller.

Β 

https://www.facebook.com/BebeBuellBand/posts/1013780181970927:0

Β 

Not sure if link to post works.

zE1oJcm.png

Β 

what a dumbass, the phrase Rebel Heart is already a cliché used since at LEAST the fifties by any "rebel" with or without a cause.

Β 

A physician also wrote "Madonna stole the phrase ray of light! We've been using it for YEEEEAAAAARS!!!"

Didn't an interviewer use the phrase ARTPOP to describe Natalia Kills before Gaga's album?

Β 

By the same logic; "the fame" is copying as I'm sure that phrase at least is not Gaga's own creation

Archived