Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Azealia Banks on Twitter: "But, iffy azuzu will not play victim"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Stealing land and people, clapping when your plane lands, dancing offbeat and using leashes on your children

I guess I'm stealing 'white culture'. :ohwell:

But seriously :awkney:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

Unfortunately I don't think calling Iggy a 'clueless white girl' will solve anything.  Sure Iggy could open up about how 'privileged' she is, but who's going to listen to a girl that apparently nobody likes...  Nobody was calling her out until Fancy became a hit.  Again, after she was already in the business.  After she already released an album that had gone through some flop singles.  Just because she gains one hit, she's now this target for 'clueless' racism?  Iggy isn't the problem that people seem to have an issue with.  She's just the scapegoat for people to tear at.    

Hola Soraya

Their exchange of words can be summed up in one GIF.

tumblr_mevl65mCsF1qc164so1_500.gif

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Prometheus

I guess I'm stealing 'white culture'. :ohwell:

But seriously :awkney:

We do have a history of taking things and whitewashing them (see Jesus, jazz, etc.). White culture is mainly what is taught in schools. Pilgrims coming to the Americas. Famous inventors. Early film and music. Basically the culture we as a nation are taught is white.

The crude description earlier is racist, but the weight behind it is not as heavy as those white ancestors placed upon POC and it carries through to today.

People drag white culture and white people online because we are privileged. However, hate begets hate. I'm hoping all cultures will be taught in mainstream education one day and we won't have asinine "white culture is clapping when an airplane lands" comments nor will we have systematic racism.

Jesse Pinkman

Unfortunately I don't think calling Iggy a 'clueless white girl' will solve anything. Sure Iggy could open up about how 'privileged' she is, but who's going to listen to a girl that apparently nobody likes... Nobody was calling her out until Fancy became a hit. Again, after she was already in the business. After she already released an album that had gone through some flop singles. Just because she gains one hit, she's now this target for 'clueless' racism? Iggy isn't the problem that people seem to have an issue with. She's just the scapegoat for people to tear at.

This so much! I wish people would realize this. I am in no way defending Iggy or anything, because she does suck! I like Fancy and Work, but everything else I've listened to has been absolute trash! There are so many other talented artists who deserve to be bigger than her. But the girl is just making a hustle.

However, people are missing the big picture. Attacking Iggy will solve absolutely nothing. What really needs to happen if people really want a revolution, then they need to take a stand against the people who run the industry! It will take a lot of time and effort among a large group of artists, but until that happens nothing will change.

It's science, bitch

We do have a history of taking things and whitewashing them (see Jesus, jazz, etc.). White culture is mainly what is taught in schools. Pilgrims coming to the Americas. Famous inventors. Early film and music. Basically the culture we as a nation are taught is white.

The crude description earlier is racist, but the weight behind it is not as heavy as those white ancestors placed upon POC and it carries through to today.

People drag white culture and white people online because we are privileged. However, hate begets hate. I'm hoping all cultures will be taught in mainstream education one day and we won't have asinine "white culture is clapping when an airplane lands" comments nor will we have systematic racism.

So what does it mean if I basically do nothing from my own 'culture'? 

I was raised by someone of a different race, if that makes any more sense. :ohwell:

(Sorry for not knowing anything about it.  :spin: )

Okay but Iggy saw an opportunity and jumped at it like millions of other people would do. :shrug:

Instead of attacking her which will get you absolutely nowhere, why not come after the labels or the media? That would be way more logical in my opinion.

And to my knowledge, Azealia did have a record deal with Interscope and had many opportunities as well. I'm not saying that what she said isn't true, I just felt the need to point that out.

This entire situation is very complicated, and I don't think it's that easy to put the blame all on one person. That's all I'm saying.

I think the problem is that Iggy has also tweeted racist things, said ignorant things about Aboriginal Australians and has the infamous rap where she calls herself a "runaway slave... Master" with a whip cracking in the background.

She has the potential to actually collaborate with black artists, especially black female rappers, and to acknowledge and start a discussion about the privilege she has, instead she pretends it doesn't exist and makes claims like "Miley stole twerking from me!" and refuses to acknowledge she profiting from another culture when people within that culture cannot gain any real advantage from it.

Prometheus

Stealing land and people, clapping when your plane lands, dancing offbeat and using leashes on your children

Hon, internalized racism.

Anyway, people are using Iggy to talk about a larger issue. We are not taught that we are privileged, nor are we inherently able to see that it is apparent. We need to start educating people so then marginalized will stop hating clueless privileged and privileged can become enlightened so we can work together to achieve equity.

I think the problem is that Iggy has also tweeted racist things, said ignorant things about Aboriginal Australians and has the infamous rap where she calls herself a "runaway slave... Master" with a whip cracking in the background.

She has the potential to actually collaborate with black artists, especially black female rappers, and to acknowledge and start a discussion about the privilege she has, instead she pretends it doesn't exist and makes claims like "Miley stole twerking from me!" and refuses to acknowledge she profiting from another culture when people within that culture cannot gain any real advantage from it.

I totally forgot about this.. the delusion  :smh:

I love you AB, but, your tweets :air:

Are you from atrl so you are using LordT :air:

I like dancin', and ponies....

Ray of Light

I love you AB, but, your tweets :air:

Are you from atrl so you are using LordT :air:

Omg stop atrl stole that lingo from African American culture. Racist and insensitive white twinks. *cries*

Jesse Pinkman

What the ****? I was not aware of that. :eek: In that case, she does deserve to be called out. :wtf: My point still remains though, there are people out here who have given Iggy this opportunity (and what do you know, one of them a black man names T.I.), besides many other talented artists. They are the real problem here.

It's science, bitch

Archived