💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Azealia Banks on Twitter: "But, iffy azuzu will not play victim"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

I mean, Iggy refuses to even acknowledge that she is in a privileged position and is able to make a profit out of rap and black culture when there are thousands of other female rappers out there not given the same opportunity and blessing due to the pigmentation of their skin.

I mean think about it. There are black girls out there who don't have a chance of being signed while this girl is signed when she can't even freestyle. 

She isn't a part of black culture but she can put on a fake accent, twerk, rap and borrow heavily from black culture without even acknowledging the struggles of people who created that culture.

This and it makes me extremely sad that this is not mandatorily taught in schools. :cry:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, Iggy refuses to even acknowledge that she is in a privileged position and is able to make a profit out of rap and black culture when there are thousands of other female rappers out there not given the same opportunity and blessing due to the pigmentation of their skin.

I mean think about it. There are black girls out there who don't have a chance of being signed while this girl is signed when she can't even freestyle. 

She isn't a part of black culture but she can put on a fake accent, twerk, rap and borrow heavily from black culture without even acknowledging the struggles of people who created that culture.

So I am meant to be twerking and listening to rap? :rip:

Gianni Versace

She isn't a part of black culture but she can put on a fake accent, twerk, rap and borrow heavily from black culture without even acknowledging the struggles of people who created that culture and are a part of it.

oh my god amen thank you so much. :applause:

Are you making a career out of it while neglecting the issues of the people you so happily borrow from?:toofunny: 

I feel like Azealia makes a great point but she is making it too personal with Iggy so her argument will fly over people's heads.

This is true as well... unfortunately, people won't go watch her interview where she talks about several interesting and important topics, but they will read those tweets and the click-bait titles on some websites and be like "Ha! Look at this crazy b---h going at it again."

Are you making a career out of it while neglecting the issues of the people you so happily borrow from? :toofunny:

But who would I be borrowing from? :rip:

I'm not good at this stuff. :emma:

Gianni Versace

But who would I be borrowing from? :rip:

I'm not good at this stuff. :emma:

the culture that created that :toofunny:

Phoenix

The obsession is real.

Also like someone mentioned, please make one Iggyvs.banks thread and post all this bull**** you find there. Thank you.

💎

No...

I would even imply that.

What I am saying is that there is a tall, blonde, skinny white girl who can put on a southern accent, twerk and 'rap' to a song and make millions while there are black girls doing the same thing and being blasted as ratchet and uneducated.

Nobody has to 'act' a certain way, but when there is a culture or subculture of people who have created music and styles of dress ect. that are only profitable or advantageous when people OUTSIDE of that culture crudely attempt to copy that culture then surely you see a problem.

Jesse Pinkman

She isn't a part of black culture but she can put on a fake accent, twerk, rap and borrow heavily from black culture without even acknowledging the struggles of people who created that culture and are a part of it.

Okay but Iggy saw an opportunity and jumped at it like millions of other people would do. :shrug:

Instead of attacking her which will get you absolutely nowhere, why not come after the labels or the media? That would be way more logical in my opinion.

And to my knowledge, Azealia did have a record deal with Interscope and had many opportunities as well. I'm not saying that what she said isn't true, I just felt the need to point that out.

This entire situation is very complicated, and I don't think it's that easy to put the blame all on one person. That's all I'm saying.

It's science, bitch

Phoenix

Iggy just needs to to go

Like you did but then came back by a miracle or something. I wish all the members would get the same treatment as you lol

💎

the culture that created that :toofunny:

And I am part of said culture. :emma:

No...

I would even imply that.

What I am saying is that there is a tall, blonde, skinny white girl who can put on a southern accent, twerk and 'rap' to a song and make millions while there are black girls doing the same thing and being blasted as ratchet and uneducated.

Nobody has to 'act' a certain way, but when there is a culture or subculture of people who have created music and styles of dress ect. that are only profitable or advantageous when people OUTSIDE of that culture crudely attempt to copy that culture then surely you see a problem.

That makes more sense, but what would "white" culture be? :rip:

That makes more sense, but what would "white" culture be? :rip:

Stealing land and people, clapping when your plane lands, dancing offbeat and using leashes on your children

Gianni Versace

Stealing land and people, clapping when your plane lands, dancing offbeat and using leashes on your children

:air: :Air: :Air:

Cody Draco

:rip: this is so wrong :rip:

Archived