Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift reveals many thanked her for going to war with Spotify

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redstreak

they get ads..she still gets paid for it..

things get cheaper over time..thats what generally happens. you're forgetting "back in the day" there wasn't 500 ways to listen to music. they had to be produced on vinyls and everything. 

aka greedy.

if representative pay for all artists and everyone on their team is greedy then so be it. I sincerely doubt you would like getting paid less than what your work is worth :shrug:
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Supersonic

things get cheaper over time..thats what generally happens. you're forgetting "back in the day" there wasn't 500 ways to listen to music. they had to be produced on vinyls and everything.

Back in the day was in 2000-2005 for me. Legal downloading was launched in 2003 in my country. :emma: :emma: :emma:

if representative pay for all artists and everyone on their team is greedy then so be it. I sincerely doubt you would like getting paid less than what your work is worth :shrug:

everyone's acting as if she's getting 1p for every listen. if that's the case, all these indie artists wouldn't even bother putting themselves on there. she's selling millions of albums, she's just pure greedy and overpricing her own generic pop songs.

thefamebitch

What about the people who haven't bought music in years, the ones who used to use Limewire and other softwares and continually use torrents? Does she think removing her music from Spotify is going to bring back the millions of people who haven't bought music in years to start spending money on music they used to get for free? I think it's a brave move for her and it paid off, but honestly I don't think removing her stuff from Spotify did that much to help her. She's always been a big album seller, Spotify or not.

Back in the day was in 2000-2005 for me. Legal downloading was launched in 2003 in my country. :emma: :emma: :emma:

i've only just met you :emma: even so, downloading didn't really take off until 2008/9 onwards 

Redstreak

everyone's acting as if she's getting 1p for every listen. if that's the case, all these indie artists wouldn't even bother putting themselves on there. she's selling millions of albums, she's just pure greedy and overpricing her own generic pop songs.
but it's more than just her that gets paid, there are many people under her that have to be paid from that revenue too. And why should indie artists just shut up with the little they get? They're work deserves representative pay too.

What about the people who haven't bought music in years, the ones who used to use Limewire and other softwares and continually use torrents? Does she think removing her music from Spotify is going to bring back the millions of people who haven't bought music in years to start spending money on music they used to get for free? I think it's a brave move for her and it paid off, but honestly I don't think removing her stuff from Spotify did that much to help her. She's always been a big album seller, Spotify or not.
its not about getting people to buy music though.
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Supersonic

FYI, indie artists put out their music because they get ALL the revenue from Spotify, in spite of having to split that in 4 and getting one part. It's not good money, but at least it's something. That's why a lot of indie are only part-time musicians and have a full time job apart from that.

but it's more than just her that gets paid, there are many people under her that have to be paid from that revenue too. And why should indie artists just shut up with the little they get? They're work deserves representative pay too.

its not about getting people to buy music though.

I am aware, but a one time buy for 99p on itunes also has to get split. so it's not like it's drastically different. What? :flop: Don't think you read my post properly 

This.

At the beginning I was with her on this choice, but now she's acting like she did a sort of big thing, music economy revolution or whatever.

Her music still remains basic and generic as hell, Spotify can gain only that quality without her in their catalogue.

Runway

Can she stop acting like she is some revolutionary avant gard artiste just because she changed her genre on itunes from "Country" to "Pop", used the most instagram friendly picture as an album cover, invented using numbers as a title, and removed her music from spotify even though people can torrent her entire discography in like 2 seconds? ib0IskDHZhxhKn.gif

disneyhigh

Can she stop acting like she is some revolutionary avant gard artiste just because she changed her genre on itunes from "Country" to "Pop", used the most instagram friendly picture as an album cover, invented using numbers as a title, and removed her music from spotify even though people can torrent her entire diacography in like 2 seconds? ib0IskDHZhxhKn.gif

OMG THIS

DRAG HA BASIC ASS

i've only just met you :emma: even so, downloading didn't really take off until 2008/9 onwards 

I beg to differ there; my own history of downloading is living proof of that. 

Morelike, the record companies and movie corps only really started getting pissed off from 2008/9 onwards, hence the lobbying and the laws that have since led to website blocking and prosecutions. Not that any of that will stop anyone.

I beg to differ there; my own history of downloading is living proof of that. 

Morelike, the record companies and movie corps only really started getting pissed off from 2008/9 onwards, hence the lobbying and the laws that have since led to website blocking and prosecutions. Not that any of that will stop anyone.

There's many charts that prove my point

Archived