đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

SONY pulls James Franco's 'The Interview' amid terrorist threats

LordDisick

Featured Posts

Rollercoaster

Next time you wanna greenlight a project about murdering the current head of a nation, think again, Sony ;)

There have been how many movies about killing the president of usa?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

Countless movies, but the main protagonists are NEVER the ones trying to kill the President, but rather the ones trying to protect him :)

Don't try to make the pitch of that film seem like a good idea, 'cause it never was. I have 0 compassion towards North Korea and its government, but I can't see how this movie could have had any other outcome than the massive mess we now experience.

This is terrible for Sony, but kind of a wake up call. They need to make less ****tier films and drop Adam Sandler (as so many emplyees complained)

On the other hand, God bless this hack
The drama and dragging between peers in the industry :giveup:

The newer plans for Spider-man :giveup:
The X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover :giveup:
The revelations about Spider-man joining Marvel at Disney and other Marvel info :giveup:

In short, Guardians of Peace :legend:

who will love me when the night is over

Gaga Monster

Sony is basically telling the bad people you won.. Feel bad for the hundreds of people who put money and their hard work into this project

GGD Presidential Elections

Yeah but you can't compare the way a free democratic country thinks to a communist dictatorship regime

who will love me when the night is over

TheOriginalOne

This is terrible for Sony, but kind of a wake up call. They need to make less ****tier films and drop Adam Sandler (as so many emplyees complained)

On the other hand, God bless this hack

The drama and dragging between peers in the industry :giveup:

The newer plans for Spider-man :giveup:

The X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover :giveup:

The revelations about Spider-man joining Marvel at Disney and other Marvel info :giveup:

In short, Guardians of Peace :legend:

TraeumereiLPB

So that's how sh*t is rollin' now? If you don't like somethin', just throw with threats around you and everyone will do as you please? Good to know.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Next time you wanna greenlight a project about murdering the current head of a nation, think again, Sony ;)

Do you honestly object to the fictitious murder of a real life reviled dictator who sells his citizens into slavery and imprisons other citizens in concentration camps?

This was a cowardly decision on Sony's part, and will set an awful precedent for censorship. 

Gagaloo911

For safety reasons I don't blame them but honestly this is giving them (the hackers and "terrorists") what they want and will only make them continue to do things like this since they know it works now :fail:

elijahfan

Do you honestly object to the fictitious murder of a real life reviled dictator who sells his citizens into slavery and imprisons other citizens in concentration camps?

This was a cowardly decision on Sony's part, and will set an awful precedent for censorship. 

Like I said in a previous post, I have 0 compassion towards North Korea and its government. But on a geopolitical standpoint, it's like the worst idea an American studio could produce......

Producing such a film won't ease the tensions between the US and North Korea, but rather add fuel to the fire.... In the current violent and cynical world we live in, I think we could do without that, imo.

Like I said in a previous post, I have 0 compassion towards North Korea and its government. But on a geopolitical standpoint, it's like the worst idea an American studio could produce......

Producing such a film won't ease the tensions between the US and North Korea, but rather add fuel to the fire.... In the current violent and cynical world we live in, I think we could do without that, imo.

The government of North Korea has produced violent films in which American cities are bombed. The people of North Korea are bombarded by gruesome anti-American art and propaganda that depicts American soldiers killing Korean children. 

Now compare that to a non-goverment produced stoner comedy and tell me that Sony is really adding to the tension between North Korea and The United States. 

Calling for the censorship of American art in the name of civility to a vial dictator? What a joke.

elijahfan

The government of North Korea has produced violent films in which American cities are bombed. The people of North Korea are bombarded by gruesome anti-American art and propaganda that depicts American soldiers killing Korean children. 

Now compare that to a non-goverment produced stoner comedy and tell me that Sony is really adding to the tension between North Korea and The United States. 

Calling for the censorship of American art in the name of civility to a vial dictator? What a joke.

Why should the US go as low as they go? I'm sorry, but to me this was a terrible pitch from day 1 :shrug: I'm not saying Sony deserved it, just that they shouldn't be surprised now that ****'s going down.

Why should the US go as low as they go? I'm sorry, but to me this was a terrible pitch from day 1 :shrug: I'm not saying Sony deserved it, just that they shouldn't be surprised now that ****'s going down.

We clearly are not "going as low as them." There is a huge difference between the North Korean government releasing seriously violent propaganda and an American non-goverment run company releasing a comedic film. 

Regardless of how you personally feel about the taste level shown in The Interview, you should be mourning the fact that North Korea gets to decide what films the American public are able to see. 

elijahfan

We clearly are not "going as low as them." There is a huge difference between the North Korean government releasing seriously violent propaganda and an American non-goverment run company releasing a comedic film. 

Regardless of how you personally feel about the taste level shown in The Interview, you should be mourning the fact that North Korea gets to decide what films the American public are able to see. 

I work in the film industry, so I don't need you to teach me what I should mourn or not in this area, thank you.

If you're wondering, I'm disappointed they've cancelled the film's release. What I'm trying to question here is the relevance of making such a film in our day & age in the first place, that's all.

The scene where they actually kill Kim Jong Un has been leaked online. [???] 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALYw9eJ_jf0

Archived