Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

SONY pulls James Franco's 'The Interview' amid terrorist threats

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tove Lo

From what I heard, Sony said it was up to Theaters if they wanted the movie to be shown.

http://youtu.be/yCKcGWswkR4

They used pulled like the theaters pulled it.

hop on that **** like a maniac

GlitterGrease

“Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like,†the statement reads.

“We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public,†it continues. “We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.â€

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-cancels-theatrical-release-for-the-interview-on-christmas-1201382032/

Vernier

That's too bad :spin: I kinda hate this, feels like a bunch of stupid people won

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Rollercoaster

This is nuts.

Firstly, the film isn't going to unbalance a communist nation.

Secondly, kids that live in their parents basement and hack sites all day under some weird justice league pseudonym need to make realistic threats. Less "we'll attack like 9/11" and more realistic for those nerds like "we'll eat all your nachos."

Idiotic.

DrewStevens

We all know North Korea is a mess. 

But what would happen if they wanted to release a comedy movie about a Muslim trying to kill Obama? I think some people would be mad too.

RainingOnMe

This is nuts.

Firstly, the film isn't going to unbalance a communist nation.

Secondly, kids that live in their parents basement and hack sites all day under some weird justice league pseudonym need to make realistic threats. Less "we'll attack like 9/11" and more realistic for those nerds like "we'll eat all your nachos."

Idiotic.

100% this.

elijahfan

Next time you wanna greenlight a project about murdering the current head of a nation, think again, Sony ;)

Archived