💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

SONY pulls James Franco's 'The Interview' amid terrorist threats

LordDisick

Featured Posts

It's kind of silly -- there's zero correlation between their ability to hack Sony's computers, and their ability to mount physical terrorist attacks. Plus this is huge free promo for the movie.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job.  Now you made the North Koreans silence our expression of freedom/speech.  Welcome to Planet Wuss tbh.

Muslims have done it before, now the North Korean regime too.

Globalization and multiculturalism are making us less free in some ways.

Gianni Versace

:air:

as long as franco didn't have any nude scenes, the can keep the damn thing :clausney:

HighwayGuy

They definately still need to release it

With all the promo from the news literally everyone I know wants to watch it!!

What did they expect? :dead: They probably shouldn't risk any lives and just make it a DVD-only movie or w/e. It looks awful too. :smh:

monsterdreams

it's a film!

They did have it coming but seriously some people end to get their sh*t together (coughNorthKoreacough)

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

ThatSLAYGUY

Whoever thought releasing a COMEDY about the murder of a world leader was a brilliant idea is a total idiot

You had to expect backlash

This tbh

Sony has no other choice with all the bad PR it got after the infamous hack. Pulling this movie would obviously be bad for business since it'd make all those free publicity it got (and is getting) simply go to waste, but causing more controversy than it already got would just make their PR nightmare much worse. Despite all the ridiculous BS from their racist executives as exposed by the hack, I can't help but to feel sorry for the company.

I mean, with this, plus spoiling the plans for Spider-Man (and angering the fanbase of Andrew Garfield), the script for the next James Bond movie being leaked, the embarrassing exchange of e-mails among top-level executives, the new threats made by the hackers against Sony - it's indeed hell state no company would ever want to be near to. The best way they can do to save itself from further embarrassment is to send those idiotic executives their well deserved pink slips. 

One Five Ten

Where was all this controversy with the release of Team America: World Police though? It had the exact same concept. 

Calling North Korea's dictator a "world leader" :lmao:

These are empty threats from basement dwellers living with their parents. I hope the FBI/CIA/whatever finds them and makes them pay.

Vernier

I really wish they wouldn't, but I understand why :giveup: It kinda feels like letting ****ty cybertrolls win :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Sony just left it to the theater owners to show it if they wanted to though?

who will love me when the night is over

well that movie's promo is ****ed.

I don't think it really needs any more promo, it's the most talked-about movie in the world right now.

LaMaisonGaga

Calling North Korea's dictator a "world leader" :lmao:

These are empty threats from basement dwellers living with their parents. I hope the FBI/CIA/whatever finds them and makes them pay.

I can't take anyone with a haircut like Kim's serious :awkney:

lamaisongaga.com

GlitterGrease

“Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like,†the statement reads.

“We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public,†it continues. “We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.â€

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-cancels-theatrical-release-for-the-interview-on-christmas-1201382032/

Archived