💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Spotify CEO: Taylor made us realize we can do better

Redstreak

Featured Posts

JeffSwift

Taylor can keep her subpar music to herself, streaming and spotify is a medium to enjoy music, find new artists, and preview albums before buying them, among other things. Spotify probably could do better and ad new features for it users but I dont see why Taylor's uppity attitude should influence this. 

Subpar music? You mean the music that's put her on the Songwriting of the Year lists, won Grammy AOTY and other incredible songwriting awards? Just because you don't appreciate her music, does not make it subpar, thanks. 

If you worked on something for years of your life, you wouldn't expect everyone be able to experience it for free.

I'd love to know how many people actually (You may be one of them, I don't know) listen to an album on Spotify they like and actually buy it. I bet it's in the lower percentages. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welp Taylor is unbother on the top of iTunes and BB top 200 every week since the release so CEO could seethe :thetea:

That CEO is way more important in the real world than Taylor Swift :thetea:

RAMROD

Sle Taylor, next up mass internet break down, cos everyone need to buy CDs. :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

thatfoxyfeeling

But does she care when 1989 has been a massive success? She had every right to remove her music from Spotify.

StrawberryBlond

Spotify need to stop making Taylor feel like she's so important and giving her all this attention that she clearly wanted by removing her music. Their service will continue being provided and some artists just choose not to use it - simple. They don't need to persaude Taylor to come back as their site will continue to be successful without her. It doesn't reflect well on the company to keep referring to her like they wish she would reconsider. We can see for ourselves how her removal from Spotify has put a dampner on her chart positions worldwide. Blank Space would've gone to #1 in the UK 2 weeks back if she'd had her music on Spotify, because the UK now counts Spotify streaming towards chart positions. Without Spotify, the song, which had been at #1 on iTunes for the last 4-5 consecutive days (which is always a guranteed #1) only managed to peak at #4 due to having zero Spotify plays. Lost out on her first ever UK #1 because she refused to stream her music. This is what it all comes down to now. Taylor can do whatever she likes but she will lose out in the long run. Streaming really is the future. History has proved to us that the world is not kind to people who can't keep up with the times.

Haroon

Paying membership for unlimited products is wrong. It doesn't make economical sense and damages the industry.

Are you against Netflix and food buffets? :confused:

I love Spotify, but I do want them to be sure they're supporting the artists sufficiently. Streaming is the way things are. It's bound to overtake iTunes and all of that soon if it hasn't already. Even if some people are against it, there's no stopping it.

Archived