Spotify CEO: Taylor made us realize we can do better

Redstreak

Featured Posts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blue Jeans

Smack ha Taylor... Youtube > Spotify :yes:

Yes because the quality on youtube is amazing and also there's no chipmunk voices right ? :awkney:

Spotify :legend:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Voltaire

Yes, but really- he's just saying they're going to change how the service is explained. He's essentially just saying: Taylor doesn't really get it, or the potential it has.

It's just a polite way of saying she's wrong. (in his eyes)

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

AbuHassan1992

I have spotify and I love it, but I am sort of with Taylor.

but for me it has nothing to do with how much artists are payed. It's about the quality. The quality of the mp3 on spotify is considerably worse than that of a CD

Gagamel

Yes because the quality in youtube is amazing and also there's no chipmunk voice right ? :awkney:

Spotify :legend:

Never had a problem with yotuube :sweep:

Pure Adrenaline

welp Taylor is unbother on the top of iTunes and BB top 200 every week since the release so CEO could seethe :thetea:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Vernier

I still don't fully agree with her stance, but there was a conversation that needed to be had on this and at least she took a stance and sparked that convo :yes:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Never had a problem with yotuube :sweep:

You may not have a problem with it, but YouTube is definitely not the place to go to if quality matters. User uploaded stuff is often sped up or pitched to avoid getting deleted, sometimes it's just bad quality, and even official stuff can be garbage quality if it's old (check out 2006-2008 videos. yikes). Plus on mobile a lot of songs just don't show up because the artist chooses to make everything tagged with their song not available on mobile, so the only choice is to listen to sped-up pitched versions of those songs. Most of my YouTube usage is mobile, so you can understand why that would be a problem for me.

Spotify is much more reliable with regards to quality, and if you go Premium I know they upgrade the quality (how much, I don't know). If I want to listen to something and it's on both Spotify and YouTube, I'll choose Spotify. Nowadays, I use YouTube for stuff that's not on Spotify. *shrug*

Redstreak

Taylor ha impact

yall said it wouldn't make any difference :manicure:

Yep

Also I'd love to see the responses if it was Gaga doing all this. :rip:

They would try and hail her as a game changer :rip:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Rollercoaster

Streaming is theft. Plain and simple.

You wouldn't get a membership to a department store & just help yourself to all the goods.

Streaming is theft. Plain and simple.

You wouldn't get a membership to a department store & just help yourself to all the goods.

What kind of logic are you getting at? It's not theft if the customers are paying. 

FFXSoul91

It's funny how shady this is. They're basically saying Taylor is stupid and doesn't know how it works.

Rollercoaster

What kind of logic are you getting at? It's not theft if the customers are paying.

Paying membership for unlimited products is wrong. It doesn't make economical sense and damages the industry.

LoveandMagic

I don't see anything wrong with what Taylor did, it's her music. But I know a lot of struggling artists who don't have a problem with people streaming or even downloading their music for free, because they see the benefit of promo (particularly when it comes to upcoming performances). Some artists will offer albums or EP's for free. Sure they would love to pull in the millions that Taylor makes, but more importantly they just want to be heard.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

I hope Gaga follows suit. It's helping Taylor by increasing her album and single sales, so it would do the same for Gaga

Archived