band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

Swan Heart

I even remember the first time I heard a HIM song.. It was three years ago, I thing. I was sitting on the floor, chatting with a girl I just met online and she told me about HIM and send me ''The Fenural Of Hearts'' It's below by the way.. I immediately felt the conection.. you know.. when you listen to something for the first time but you're sure that you're in love with it... Even the time was perfection even.. The middle of the night, it was cold and the moon was up there in the sky and all the stars are shining bright like diamonds. Perfect time for some HIM. ''Into the night we ride, scars wide open. Into the night, you and I torn and broken...Bleed into the night..''...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMD1k16baVE

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUrxI8U0iGg

a true modern poet

I got hooked on this song. Can't get it out of my head.

UqtcOQF.gif

FreePalestine

H.I.M. DRUMMER GAS LIPSTICK LEAVES BAND AFTER 16 YEARS - "IT'S TIME FOR ME TO MOVE ON AS A MUSICIAN"

4509784676_81e9eff2e7_z.jpg

http://bravewords.com/news/h-i-m-drummer-gas-lipstick-leaves-band-after-16-years-its-time-for-me-to-move-on-as-a-musician

HIM: Gas Lipstick is leaving the band! FINAL WORDS

gas-rockin-on1.jpg

With a heavy heart I’m announcing my departure from HIM, a magnificent band that I’ve been part of for the past 16 magical years. It has been a journey that I will remember for the rest of my life. There is no drama, bad blood or any negativity involved in my departure.

I simply feel that it’s time for me to move on as a musician.

I have noticed during the final stages of our last tour that my heart was not in it 100% anymore.

I’ve always been a guy who played every note straight from my heart and I feel the music very strongly while I perform.
If my heart feels that it’s time to let it go, then I have to listen because otherwise it wouldn’t be right towards myself, the rest of the band or you wonderful fans.
It would end up being a forced effort and I can’t perform or create like that.

Another thing that I’ve recently started to miss is songwriting. I’ve always been a songwriter. I didn’t feel the need to write after I joined the band in 1999 and noticed that Ville is a tremendous songwriter. In my mind he has never brought a single half assed song to the practice room. Every song was top notch and I felt that I didn’t have the need to stir the mix. All of his songs were amazing as he presented them. But last fall I've started to feel that I'm missing writing again and that I would like to pursue my own musical interests. I started to miss the feeling of being in a band, where I could be one of the songwriters again.

Three years ago, I had a very heavy year with my arm problems and it took a toll on me.
It took me 9 stressful months to get back into playing shape, but after recording the "Tears On Tape" record and performing 100 + live shows following the release of that record, I can safely say that I’m back 100% physically and mentally. Those 9 stressful months were one of the toughest periods I have ever experienced throughout my career and adding everything mentioned above, I feel that I need a change in life. I need a fresh start.

I have nothing but great words to say about my brothers: Ville, Mige, Burton, and Linde, our touring crew Viltsu, Antti, Manne, Sean, Brad and our management Seppo, Taina and Vuokko. I wish them nothing but a great success in the future! They are all amazing people and it has been a pleasure working with them all of these years.
I’d like to as well thank all the record company people, promoters, past crew members, producers and engineers that I’ve had the privilege to get to know and work with. You rock BIG TIME!

And for the last but not the least important I’d like to thank all of you fabulous fans. Thank you for your never ending support and love. HIM has the best fans in the world!
Without you, nothing would've been possible.

I hope that our paths will cross again eventually and you can count on that I’m going to keep you posted about my future endeavours in the crazy world of Musicland. Stay tuned!

Cheers, Gas Lipstick.

http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/2015-01-27_20:34/him_gas_lipstick_is_leaving_the_band_final_words

tumblr_lz3xoaPBW41r72zf0o2_400.jpg ville_gas_200x200.jpg

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

FreePalestine

Ville Valo Opens Up About The Leaving Of HIM's Drummer: "It's A Bit Like One Limb Has Been Ripped Off"

tumblr_nhml2eJFKn1ry9k48o3_500.png

An unexpected piece of news emerged from the line-up of HIM when the drummer of the band, Mika "Gas Lipstick" Karppinen, announced that he's leaving the band. It's the first time in 16 years when the line-up of the band is breaking.

"This is a really personal thing as we've known each other since school times and played together for 16 years" the frontman of the band, Ville Valo, comments on the atmosphere inside the band. "It's like one limb has been ripped off and now we should learn to walk or shake hands again."

In the letter he wrote, Karppinen told that he's leaving the band out of his own free will because "his heart was no longer in it". From now on he wants to have time for new projects and songwriting.

Valo manages to sound sincere when he convinces that quitting was Karppinen's own decision. The band heard about it about a week ago and the information came as a surprise to everyone.

"Our jaws dropped when we heard of it. It came out of the blue", he tells. "I must say that it's a brave thing to do to start trying something new. It wasn't a decision made by a person who's stuck."

"A bit surprisingly, the information wasn't followed by a feeling of being pissed-off. We can only respect his decision, no matter if it was fueled by a midlife crisis or anything."

Karppinen's quitting doesn't have any immediate effects on HIM's plans regarding this year as the band was going to take a break anyway. The last concert of the 1,5-years-lasting tour was thrown at Tavastia in Helsinki on New Year's Eve and they haven't made any agreements of upcoming gigs.

"We were planning to take a little break and to go to the rehearsal place to chill out. Now we have to re-think about what we're gonna do next", Valo ponders. "The initial shock will probably last for some time but I believe that the band will be back on 2016 if the stars are in their right positions."

In an announcement that they published on Tuesday, HIM joked that they'd replace Karppinen with a drum machine, which Valo dismisses as a "joke worth of five pennies." In reality HIM are going to look for a new drummer but the band won't start a project of running an open applying and auditions.

"In our band everything has always happened via our friends. And there are little of those friends these days as all the bridges have burned", Valo laughs. "To start with, I considered telling the band that I would be playing the drums. My salary would rise."

"And it must be remembered that Kaasu isn't the first drummer of the band. We have had four drummers already so we're starting to resemble Spinal Tap that way too", Valo refers to the rock band familiar from the parody movie the problem of which were exploding drummers.

In the end, Valo gets serious and admits that finding a new drummer will not be easy. According to him the band that shares a long history together has become so family-like that no one can jump into the old boots right away.

"It's better to consider this in peace."

"In any case, this will mean something new to the band. A new drummer brings a new breeze with him inevitably", he says and exposes the positive side of the quitting.

"In a skillful way, an unskilled drummer suits this group - a bit like Bill Ward plays in Black Sabbath. A drummer has to have an identity that is revealed the second he starts playing.

Original article on Helsingin Sanomat, HERE

http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1422419827723

English translation by Heidi Malin. If you share it, please credit her and The Heartagram Path.

http://www.heartagram.it/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1680%3Aville-talks-about-the-leaving-of-gas&catid=34&Itemid=135

FreePalestine

lip-synching in german talk shows :toofloppy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkXBiCbULNI

this was 15 years ago? :eek: 

:emma: 

FreePalestine

lip-synching in german talk shows :toofloppy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkXBiCbULNI

this was 15 years ago? :eek: 

:emma: 

It's getting lip-synching because Germany speaks German. 

I'm sorry...what?

you made fun on the lip-synching fun :laughga: It's because Germany speaks German and is not so good in English 

you made fun on the lip-synching fun :laughga: It's because Germany speaks German and is not so good in English

But they do sing in english? The german fans of the band really know all the lyrics. They became famous first in Germany, but it's funny to me how these music talk shows in 90s and '00 made all their guests to lip-sync, no matter pop or rock/metal acts.

These guys look bored to death because they don't sing live and it must be annoying to wave and pretend to play your guitar like that.

FreePalestine

• 2 weeks later...

Damm update messed up this whole thread.

Derpface Valo

Ramone's cover of Poison Heart

FreePalestine

Archived