band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

"I'm in love with you
And it's crushing my heart..."

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Swan Heart

"Is it so hard to believe our hearts
Are made to be broken by love..."
  :heart:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• 3 weeks later...
lego

BeOaitWh.jpeg

13708397d2e5b657e4b49aaebb56500e.jpg

Rambo Rimbaud (Ville Valo) will play at QStock 2015 festival in Oulu, Finland 24.-25.07.2015

" RAMBO RIMBAUD, the solo project of HIM mainman Ville Valo, performed on the first night of the Helldone festival on December 29, 2014 at Tavastia in Helsinki, Finland. 

RAMBO RIMBAUD's official description, courtesy of Helldone: "This mysterious act has until now kept the lowest of low profiles. The few who managed to catch a glimpse of RAMBO RIMBAUD's live appearances under various monikers in the mid noughties confess in unison that they had been blown away. 'It's hard to put a finger on the music, other than it being out of this world, emotional and very powerful. I actually remember wondering where they have disappeared!' After these humble beginnings, a series of unfortunate events brought about a forced hiatus of almost ten years, but now RAMBO RIMBAUD is finally working on its debut album, tentatively entitled 'Militantly Violent Libertine'."

FreePalestine

lego

​I can't with the Madagascar voicing.

:heart:

He sounds horny. :toofunga:

FreePalestine

lego

​And very seductive.

Yep. It comes natural. I can listen to him for hours.:flutter:

it's so nice to have another fellow HIM fan here. I want Gaga+Ville collab on her next (hopefully rock) project. Can you imagine? :wao: 

FreePalestine

lego

​I love watching the Orpheum 2007 concert over and over again.

The part when he says "lovely" during TFoH. :heart:

I know, it's rare that I find a HIM fan.

Well I don't see it happening but it would be incredible and too much too handle.

:unicorn:

I always liked the idea of him collaborating with Evanescence though.

I know it's a reach, but if Gaga would just hear few songs I think she'd fall in love. He is such an amazing songwriter, so I can imagine what they'd come up together.:nooo:

I've been fan since '99. I still cannot choose which is my fav album, it changes all the time, they all have so many good songs.

Evanescence reminded me of Nightwish back in the day, the collab would probably be cool.

Yes that concert is everything. :heart: 

Since you love The Funeral of Hearts, have you ever seen this?

Someone hit him to eye with a bottle or something. Poor thing. He was so pissed. But he continued like a pro. 

Those vocals.:saira:

FreePalestine

lego

​I think I saw the part when someone threw something.

He is very good, I wonder why they're not more popular they really slay many of those "pros" out there.

Well they were kinda popular (partly thanks to Bam Margera) in the States with Dark Light, it went gold, first finnish album to achieve that. After that, Venus Doom peaked at #12 BB, it was darker and heavier, I love it so much. Then they switched labels. Then Ville stopped hanging out with Bam, he went to rehab. He was so messed up. He's so much healthier now. And sober.

They still tour the US and Australia, Europe already knows them well. They even went to China, they do have a solid faithful fanbase I think. 

Tears on Tape debuted at #15 at Billboard top 200, not bad for a finnish rock band. But yeah I agree, they should be more popular.

Have you heard this?

Oh yes of course. Ville and Linde's ex gf.

This cover sounds so much better and creepier than the original. I wish it had a video.

FreePalestine

lego

​I'm a little bit of a newer fan, I like that you know more about them.

Thing is when I like something I know...  it creates this warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart.

I know what you mean. Well I head a break from them after Dark Light, I got married, I have a family now. Then recently I kind of rediscovered them, and it was such a good feeling. After so many years I got 3 albums at once - Venus Doom, Screamworks and Tears on Tape, all three so different and so good in their own way. They show quite a journey of HIM. I just recently found out that Screamworks was dedicated to Kat Von D, I didn't even now they were dating! 

Here's what she wrote about it, if you don't know already:)

http://katvondworld.tumblr.com/post/48350810073/kat-von-d-about-her-and-ville-valo-in-her-new-book

It's quite sad.

FreePalestine

lego

​That's very lucky I wouldn't say no to seeing them but never had the chance.

Was it a concert that makes you want to pound your head to the music?

default_lollipop.gif

It was 

headbanger.gif

heavy-metal-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon

smiley-headbang.gif

:rockstar:

They'll come near you, I'm sure you'll have a chance to see them in future. I hope they find a good new drummer tho, still sad that Gas left them. He was amazing. :cry: 

FreePalestine

lego

​I know, I read about that and Ville sounded very disappointed.

D:

Are there any good sites to keep in touch with the band?

Idk really, heartagram.com used to be good site, they had great chatroom and forum, now it's all gone.

I just follow some HIM fanclubs and fans on twitter, Ville hates social media but he did create an account @rambo_rimbaud , he has few tweets in latin. :deadbanana:

That's his side project. 

Check also @Team_Heartagram, @heartagramitaly, @HeartagramTeam

FreePalestine

Archived