Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VH1 100 Greatest Women in Music

Jordanjm

Featured Posts

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They havent done anything in the last 20 years pretty much. Thats why there arent there.

Not Janelle Monae. Her first album was only a few years ago. And in 2010, The ArchAndroid topped an extremely large amount of lists by critics, her song Tightrope was even named "#1 Song of All-Time" by Time Magazine. She's performed at the Grammys (and her album was nominated for Best R&B Album), The Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, played for President Obama, and many other prestigious events and nobility.

Yet....Demi Lovato and Lil' Kim are on the list?

Not here for that. :nails:

Not Janelle Monae.

To be honest I wasnt really talking about her though since I have no idea who she is. :sadleave:

Just focused on Tina and Aretha in your statement.

Not Janelle Monae. Her first album was only a few years ago. And in 2010, The ArchAndroid topped an extremely large amount of lists by critics, her song Tightrope was even named "#1 Song of All-Time" by Time Magazine. She's performed at the Grammys (and her album was nominated for Best R&B Album), The Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, played for President Obama, and many other prestigious events and nobility.

Yet....Demi Lovato and Lil' Kim are on the list?

Not here for that. :nails:

Jannelle Monae is amazing, her music is better then most of the artists on that list...but she hasn't crossed over into mainstream yet. She is in the same boat as Robyn (who I am surprised is featured on that list.) Give it a few years and Janelle should be on top of the world.

Why is Britney even in the top 50, and above Gwen Stefani?

And Ke$ha is on that list... nuff said :flop:

Come on. Like her or not, no chick since Madonna has made a bigger impact in the last few decades. Britney at her peak was a massive superstar that everyone was obsessed with whether they hated her or loved her. Britney mania in the the late 90s/early 00s was crazy.

I do agree that its pretty disgusting that Kesha is even on the list though. Sure she has some good songs, but Christ.

Archived